Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I think some might be available from WvW? Which is still a very bizarre restriction, and I don't think applies to all of them. I am definitely on board with the BoA nature of new stat prefixes which feels like, as you said, an unnecessary method of barring non-HoT players (or non-crafters) from accessing them.
    Until you get HoT, you can't get those stat spreads, no ifs, no buts. There's no way to do it. Not even legendaries will let you get those statspreads. I don't think you can get them in sPvP either. If anything went wrong with HoT's design direction it's that between the raw powercreep of especs and the power of Expertise (completely inaccessible to vanilla), vanilla players can't hold a candle to HoT players.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Until you get HoT, you can't get those stat spreads, no ifs, no buts. There's no way to do it. Not even legendaries will let you get those statspreads. I don't think you can get them in sPvP either. If anything went wrong with HoT's design direction it's that between the raw powercreep of especs and the power of Expertise (completely inaccessible to vanilla), vanilla players can't hold a candle to HoT players.
    Aw, that's real lame to find out. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That would be surprising if it became free, but i wouldn't complain.
    That was their plan. They wanted the most recent content to be bought, while everything prior to it is free. If that philosophy hasn't changed since HoT launched, HoT should become free.

That was their plan. They wanted the most recent content to be bought, while everything prior to it is free. If that philosophy hasn't changed since HoT launched, HoT should become free.
    Tbh for the sake of a little hype I wouldn't be surprised if part of the expac announcement was "and now HoT is free"
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Question: are they still sticking to their originally announced model? I remember a LONG time ago, they said shortly before the "Heart of Thorns" expansion (Around the time the base game was made available for free), that whenever the next expac was released, the old one would be made available for free for everyone else. That only the newest content would be paid, all content becoming freely available over time.

If this is still the case, I think I may dust off this game and give it another shot.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Question: are they still sticking to their originally announced model? I remember a LONG time ago, they said shortly before the "Heart of Thorns" expansion (Around the time the base game was made available for free), that whenever the next expac was released, the old one would be made available for free for everyone else. That only the newest content would be paid, all content becoming freely available over time.

If this is still the case, I think I may dust off this game and give it another shot.
    At the time being we have no reason to believe otherwise. Additionally it's looking like Path of Flame will also be priced much lower so it's less of an barrier of entry.

Quote Originally Posted by lokoma View Post
    it's what happened with the base game when the heart of thorns expansion come out
    I was under the impression that giving away the base game for free was a way to introduce players to the game, then they'd have to pay for anything past that. Giving away the expansions for free just because they arent' current anymore wouldn't seem necessary to me. I could see it being much more likely that the base game is free, then if you buy the current expansion you also get HoT.

But hey, like I said: I'm not going to complain if they'll give me HoT for free.

EDIT: Now if only Wildstar could get its act together..... :/
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-07-31 at 04:49 AM.

This is coming from someone who absolutely loved the game at launch and several months afterwards until they butchered the game and made it into the abomination that they now call Living Story:

If it's anything like HoT, count me out. Anet has strayed so far from what they originally wanted the game to be, it's laughable at best. They caved into the whiners who wanted progression for the sake of progression and it's ruined the game.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-07-31 at 05:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Tbh for the sake of a little hype I wouldn't be surprised if part of the expac announcement was "and now HoT is free"
    I was under the impression that giving away the base game for free was a way to introduce players to the game, then they'd have to pay for anything past that. Giving away the expansions for free just because they arent' current anymore wouldn't seem necessary to me. I could see it being much more likely that the base game is free, then if you buy the current expansion you also get HoT.

But hey, like I said: I'm not going to complain if they'll give me HoT for free.
    I did a quick search and found the article where they announced that the core game would become free to play. There's some conflicting statements, from them stating that the core game will always be bundled with all prior and current expansions, to them making the core game free only two months later. They do state that "we're only asking you to buy one thing: the current release, Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns," but then claim that bundling the core game with the expansion had already accomplished that.

I was sure that there was something more concrete, but unless I find it, I'd hate to claim that I know for sure. At the very least, you will never have to buy multiple expansions at once.

I think there is one issue missing from that, you have 3 tiers of players currently.
    F2P
    Original Buyers
    Expac Buyers

So they may add HoT to original buyers without adding it to F2P folks, though that may be hard for them to explain to the F2Pers.

I think it is a given that if you buy NextPac without having played before, you will get Base/HoT included.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I do wonder what kinds of things they've changed from the original leak that happened 2-3 months ago. I really hope personal housing will be a thing in this game, it's the one thing I've been waiting for.

Deleted
    So what do you think will be the key selling points of this expansion? New class? Race? Player housing? Or something different?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So what do you think will be the key selling points of this expansion? New class? Race? Player housing? Or something different?
    they won't implement a new race since for most people it's just a different 'skin' and since every race has its own personal story and such they don't think it's worth the development time.
    I read somewhere that revenant would be the first and last brand new class to be released. Making the current roster 3 light, 3 medium and 3 heavy armor users. They will focus on solely elite specs now, no more classes. At least from what I remember.

The only real new thing according to the leaks is mounts. But i hope that wont be their main hype point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Of course there was also a "leak" for HoT that claimed Ele's would get 1h sword so it could just be just as wrong as that was.
    But the same guy that leak that 1h sword for ele was the same guy that nailed everything else that later was shown with images (Crystal Desert, other elite specs, mounts), it was on reddit but it got deleted.

10+ Year Old Account
    If thief really gets rifle then yay another expansion of literally nothing but d/p. They can't even balance p/p after all these years, thief is NOT a ranged class. I think shield would fit best at this point, maybe sword offhand.

To the poster above me an ele with sword makes a lot of sense it's called a battle mage and would be awesome, hopefully it's not garbage like dagger mainhand in melee.

That would be surprising if it became free, but i wouldn't complain.
    Probably free with the new xpac, I doubt f2p players will get HoT.

Deleted
    After a lot of digging found it:
    Ele gets either 1h sword or gs

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...n_expansion_2/

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    If thief really gets rifle then yay another expansion of literally nothing but d/p. They can't even balance p/p after all these years, thief is NOT a ranged class. I think shield would fit best at this point, maybe sword offhand.

To the poster above me an ele with sword makes a lot of sense it's called a battle mage and would be awesome, hopefully it's not garbage like dagger mainhand in melee.

Probably free with the new xpac, I doubt f2p players will get HoT.
    I used to play D/D mage a lot back before they nerfed it hard. Sword for mage would be interesting, I think. But I've been away from the game so long I have no idea what the balance looks like anymore.

I think giving thief rifle would tread on the toes of engi and warrior, wouldn't it?

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    The key characteristic to thieves in GW2 is our mobility - I'm a thief main, and I can't stand to "stand still". As exciting as it sounds to have a viable ranged option for thieves, I'm afraid that this will slow down things, which is a shame. I love jumping around and dodgin' stuff. It's one of the most mobile classes in the game, and I don't want to lose that.

Daredevil was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    The key characteristic to thieves in GW2 is our mobility - I'm a thief main, and I can't stand to "stand still". As exciting as it sounds to have a viable ranged option for thieves, I'm afraid that this will slow down things, which is a shame. I love jumping around and dodgin' stuff. It's one of the most mobile classes in the game, and I don't want to lose that.

Daredevil was awesome.
    One weapon does not remove your mobility. Traits and secondary skills still have that. Ranged weapons are usually very mobile to keep themselves at range
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

going to be watching BogOtter on Twitch tomorrow i think he may be spilling the beans on some stuff

Me personally I'll wait for the stream.

One thing that would interest me but I know is highly unlikely would be a PS4 or Xbox One port.

As I said highly unlikely.