Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Op really loves posting these cop bashing threads then never stay for the discussion, glad he got banned for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Or i should say he loves copy pasting articles then stay away from the thread, perhaps hes just bad at actual conversations.

Though i think he just likes starting shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    Somehow a randomly select group of civilians are all 'uniform worshipers'.
    When they're chosen from a pool where pretty much everyone is, then yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    - Would you taser a 19yr old suspect tied to a chair "until your batteries run out?"
    - Would you sit by and let a colleague continue tasering a fully restrained suspect "until his batteries run out" in your presence?
    - What would you do if a cop did that to one of your 3 kids when they were 19?
    - What's your opinion on law enforcement using excessive force or torturing suspects? What should be their punishment if any?

Until you answer those simple questions you can fuck off with the pity party.
    - Yes, he shouldn't have committed a crime and resisted arrest. Criminals are sub - living things. I wouldn't hurt an animal for no reason or even pick the leafs off a plant "just because" but I would take glee in tasering a thief over and over.
    - Yup, and laugh.
    - Criminals are criminals, doesn't matter who's kids they are. Don't be a dritbag don't get roughed up.
    - It should be increased and encouraged. Criminals should be terrified. They should be weeing their pants even thinking about vandalizing, stealing or mugging. The penalty for being caught should be so bad, they won't do the crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootywooty View Post
    British police are sound, dunno why you compare them to American police.
    They absolutely are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    They absolutely are not.
    They are if you don't break the law. Stop breaking the law.

I figure most of the people bashing American cops are either; A) not from this country and while they will criticize Americans for basing their perceptions of a culture based off of TV, they do the same off of our news or B) People that do things that put them at opposite of the police, so its self inflicted most of the time.

No, that doesn't matter, however what does matter is if before that he had been highly combative, non cooperative, and making it so they were unable to process him.
    Not really.
    You are just making excuses for the police and blaming the suspect because you do not want to accept that the police can be in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't say, i don't know the full story, and I don't presume to make an opinion based off of little facts.
    No, you just assume the police officers must have had reasons that would have justified what they did.
    Even if you cannot think of any that would.

I figure most of the people bashing American cops are either; A) not from this country and while they will criticize Americans for basing their perceptions of a culture based off of TV, they do the same off of our news or B) People that do things that put them at opposite of the police, so its self inflicted most of the time.
    The only one bashing someone here is you, you are the one postulating the suspect must have had it coming for something he did without having any proof or indication for your assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    why are they calling a 18 year old man a "boy"

if hes going to act like a wild animal they should treat him like one i don't see a problem here
    Please link your source, since you apparently do have one that is different from the one everyone else has seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Hell yeah! Time to riot and loot and pillage and burn this town to the ground!

Oh wait, victim was white? Never mind. Moving along
    Is that how you really feel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    Not really.
    You are just making excuses for the police and blaming the suspect because you do not want to accept that the police can be in the wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

No, you just assume the police officers must have had reasons that would have justified what they did.
    Even if you cannot think of any that would.
    The only one bashing someone here is you, you are the one postulating the suspect must have had it coming for something he did without having any proof or indication for your assumption.

- - - Updated - - -

Please link your source, since you apparently do have one that is different from the one everyone else has seen.
    First off, you obviously haven't read this thread much, because I have stated numerous times that if these cops are guilty of what they are accused of doing, they should be both prosecuted by the law, and have a civil suit filed against them by the victim. It seems like every time one of these pop up, you get people making excuses for the criminals as if they are perfect little angels, that of course they couldn't have done anything or been resisting!

And you just seem to assume that all cops are horrible sadistic people, that have no reason to ever taz/shoot/physically restrain a perpetrator. Again, like I have stated through this thread(if you had bothered to read) there are reasons that someone in a chair might have to be gagged/tassered/etc.

There are plenty of people throughout this thread, and many other threads within OT, that just seem to want to bash cops and promote violence against them. You also have zero proof that the person in question didn't require to be restrained in a chair and have a taser used on them to get them to a point that they are complacent and able to be properly processed.

Guess what, there are criminals that are very violent, and will fight you until they have no more strength to fight back. While I don't agree with the sentiment that you quoted of the other person that criminals should be treated like animals, they should be treated according to how they are acting. And yes, there are occasions that people in custody act only barely a step up from a wild animal.

First off, you obviously haven't read this thread much, because I have stated numerous times that if these cops are guilty of what they are accused of doing, they should be both prosecuted by the law, and have a civil suit filed against them by the victim. It seems like every time one of these pop up, you get people making excuses for the criminals as if they are perfect little angels, that of course they couldn't have done anything or been resisting!

And you just seem to assume that all cops are horrible sadistic people, that have no reason to ever taz/shoot/physically restrain a perpetrator. Again, like I have stated through this thread(if you had bothered to read) there are reasons that someone in a chair might have to be gagged/tassered/etc.

There are plenty of people throughout this thread, and many other threads within OT, that just seem to want to bash cops and promote violence against them. You also have zero proof that the person in question didn't require to be restrained in a chair and have a taser used on them to get them to a point that they are complacent and able to be properly processed.

Edit: Regarding 'treating them how they are acting': That would leave the judgment up to the police and make courts superfluous.

Guess what, there are criminals that are very violent, and will fight you until they have no more strength to fight back. While I don't agree with the sentiment that you quoted of the other person that criminals should be treated like animals, they should be treated according to how they are acting. And yes, there are occasions that people in custody act only barely a step up from a wild animal.
    I did read every post in this thread.
    Please point out to me where I made excuses for the suspect or claimed he was a perfect little angel.

Please point out to me where I posted anything that led you to believe I assume all police officers are 'horrible sadistic people'?
    You are the one who assumes for no reason that the suspect must have had it coming for some acts that you cannot even guess at or propose examples of.

Plent of people? List them.
    Where did I state that they did not have a reason to restain the suspect and that they did not ever have any reason to use taser on them? Please provide a quote.

They should not be 'treated according how they are acting', they should be treated according to the law and torture is not included in that.
    If you have a proposal what might justify continuing to taser a person bound to a chair and surrounded by three officers feel free to share, but I do not think you can come up anything worthwhile.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-07-31 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    "I don't really feel bad about American Muslims getting killed. Theres enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch."

Right?

I did read every post in this thread.
    Please point out to me where I made excuses for the suspect or claimed he was a perfect little angel.

Please point out to me where I posted anything that led you to believe I assume all police officers are 'horrible sadistic people'?
    You are the one who assumes for no reason that the suspect must have had it coming for some acts that you cannot even guess at or propose examples of.

Plent of people? List them.
    Where did I state that they did not have a reason to restain the suspect and that they did not ever have any reason to use taser on them? Please provide a quote.

They should not be 'treated according how they are acting', they should be treated according to the law and torture is not included in that.
    If you have a proposal what might justify continuing to taser a person bound to a chair and surrounded by three officers feel free to share, but I do not think you can come up anything worthwhile.
    On this very page, of this topic, there is a someone passive-aggressively basically calling for the murder of cops.

And the way you auto-assume that there is zero reason for this, again shows that you have no experience in law enforcement and that they must be innocent and had zero reason to have force put upon them.

How about you come up with how if someone is being combative, trying to hurt themselves, or others, what they were supposed to do? I am not saying that is what happened, I am just saying it is a possibility. I am using something called critical thinking and skepticism, because we do not know the full story. I acknowledge both the possibility that these cops tortured this person, just as much as there is the possibility that he was being combative when they were trying to process him and had to get him to a point they could continue to do so safely for everyone involved. But I will answer the last question so that you will answer mine;

Just like I said, it could be fully justified, that in process of trying to book him to be placed into custody of the corrections facility, he was being highly combative, possibly hurting cops, other inmates, or even himself. Some criminals are violent, and will fight/bite/spit/scratch/kick/etc until there is nothing left in them. We don't know if this was or wasnt the case, but its as much a possibility as cops that most likely know they were being recorded were torturing a random guy 'just cause'.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He was strapped in a chair. You can't get much more compliant than being restrained and tied down. it looked like torture to me.
    They were trying to subdue him enough to get him in cuffs and transferred to a mental facility. They eventually gave up and just took the entire chair, and apparently he still managed to kick out a window.

They didn't pull him out of his cell, lock him in a chair, then taz him for fun. They wanted to transport him to a mental facility due to his actions, but to do so safely for others, they needed to subdue him.

There does seem like there should be better methods than stunning with a stun gun (as they didn't shoot with tazer darts, it's not really tazed I guess), but that's what they had at hand.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I do not agree with that. Cops wear a uniform for a reason and bad cops are the symptom of bad policies, especially when the bad behaviour repeats itself into a constant.

It's like asking someone not to treat all SS Nazis the same, or not treating all the soldiers of an invading army the same.
    They wear a uniform, so that they seem unified and are easily identifable.

and again... *insert minority here* doing bad things are a symptom of a bad community, especially when that bad behaviour seems to repeat itself into a constant. (see: if you reword it just a little, its a highly bigoted statement, reflect on that)

and a nazi reference? Really? So does that mean you have reached the bottom of the barrel and grasping for straws?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    I really don't feel bad about American cops getting killed. There's enough bad apples here to spoil the bunch.
    Odd for those few bad apples... I'm sure that they feel the same way about the people they interact with.

Seems to me people need to stop thinking and voicing stupid opinions like they don't care about _______ being murdered because of... reasons.

You can't pretend to be outraged when 3peat offender (Black) fights back against officers (White) and is shot dead.

While an upstanding member of the community responsible for many lawful arrests and potentially a credit to the force and police officers alike gets murdered, and he gets what he deserves because its trendy to hate cops?

Welcome to 2017 where someone with a rap sheet gets shot (if the "victim" is black and the shooter is white and its a national tragedy)

Listen I don't care for the brotherhood either, especially when presented with sufficient damning evidence and cops get off with early retirement. I also don't understand that why in today's social climate officers aren't exercising a little more discretion when disarming a firearm... but to say that the death of a someone in a protection agency doesn't matter because there are enough bad ones out there, that he/she is likely (a) a bad one (b) a good one but it doesn't matter because they all need to go... is 100% ignorance at its finest, and will only serve to perpetuate any current issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    I do not agree with that. Cops wear a uniform for a reason and bad cops are the symptom of bad policies, especially when the bad behaviour repeats itself into a constant.

It's like asking someone not to treat all SS Nazis the same, or not treating all the soldiers of an invading army the same.
    The biggest problem with your argument is that every single police jurisdiction in the world is run by a different administration with different rules and policies. What is banned in your city/ county/state is perfectly legal use of force in other jurisdictions. People are either willfully ignorant of this or too mentally damaged to comprehend that just because you don't like something doesn't mean that it is illegal.

For the people who are looking for excuses to bash Police for things no matter what, you should just consider that there are hundreds of thousands of Police officers in the US, they have millions of interactions with criminals every week. But, out of all these incidents less than 0.1% result in something that the cop haters can use against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So, despite knowing there is surveillance cameras, these policemen still decided to torture this poor innocent teen. Man, they must really be dumb.

Or maybe there is more to this story. It's not like the teen got a lawyer and will probably get a cool couple of million after suing the police.
    What fucking reason would you need to torture a fucking kid?

Tasers are used to subdue threats in the field. You do NOT use it on someone is bound to a chair. There is no fucking excuse, and they should be thrown in jail.

There are ways to make someone compliant without tasering them for 50 seconds in the stomach. That's just fucking sickening.
    Last edited by Ticj; 2017-07-31 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    What fucking reason would you need to torture a fucking kid?

Tasers are used to subdue threats in the field. You do NOT use it on someone is bound to a chair. There is no fucking excuse, and they should be thrown in jail.
    First off, not a kid. An adult with apparently a history of violence and drugs. Also, if what svifnymr said is true(there is no verification so I don't know, but sounds like a plausible situation), they were trying to get him restrained to get transferred for a mental evaluation, but they were being uncooperative/combative. You actually may have to resort to using tasers on already restrained individuals if they are still being violent/non-compliant while in restraints.

Since this doesn't talk about what race he is I'm going to assume it doesn't matter in this case.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__