Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hmm, have my doubts for announcement, maybe teaser.
    I seem to recall similar comments like this before Legion was announced at Gamescon. Again we have more than enough information here to make an educated guess as to the earliest date for release of the next expansion while not having much more than 6-10 months between it and Legion's last patch. Blizzard has got to get moving on this or risk another 12+ month content drought. Again the lead time on expansions is huge and people need to take this into account when discussing announcement/release of new expansions.

Everyone that keeps saying they won't announce a new expansion before 7.3 has even released, I would like to point you toward Cataclysm. Cataclysm was revealed August 21, 2009 at Blizzcon. Patch 3.3 came out December 8, 2009. So they have done such a thing in the past before. Will they reveal a new expansion at Gamescom or will it simply be the 7.3 trailer? We'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    since when is 23-26 of august EARLY august????

you probably can expect the trailer for 7.3 plus the mythic+ invitations thingy at gamescon but NOT an expac annoucement.
    and mayhaps a look at 7.4.
    Again there is a minimum 12 month lead time between expansion announcement and release and once again we know how long the current raid tier is going to last and we know approximately how long the next will last. If Blizzard doesn't announce the next expansion at Gamescon then when? Blizzcon which is 3 months away? Seriously just do the fucking math.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    90% sure this is gonna be for 7.3 and the announcement at Blizzcon for the new Exp

- - - Updated - - -

They do cinematics for pretty much all major patches.
    Blizzard waiting until Blizzcon to announce the next expansion is essentially them admitting they aren't even going to bother trying to avoid a 1 year content drought. Sorry but they have got to get moving and they know this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    I'm hoping for a patch trailer, a new expansion is unneeded at this point
    Well good thing it would just be an expansion announcement and not the actual release of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    No i think there going to announce a medium sized patch like karazhan, they said earlier in interviews they want to have medium sized patches in between large patches, and we didnt get any in 7.2 just the 7.2.5 which is a small patch they said, so maybe a new dungeon or and some other stuff
    Again patches have fuckall to do with expansion announcements. Just stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nichodemus View Post
    Why are people saying that they wouldn't reveal another expansion before the latest patch is out?

I mean come on Blizzard literally revealed Cataclysm before Fall of the Lich King patch was out so why couldn't it be the same with next expansion?

I think it is a great idea to reveal the expansion at Gamescom to hype it up for Blizzcon where it will be discussed.
    Because people always troll the hell out of threads on new expansions. I don't believe for a second that people who have 5k+ posts here over the span of 5-10 years are somehow completely oblivious to how Blizzard handles their expansion announcements/releases and the time frames involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    Patch trailer as the release date for 7.3 will maybe be August 29th if they follow the 77 days trends.

Announcement of new xpac will be at Blizzcon, way too early for that (imagine 7.3 not yet out, yet they tease us about the next xpac?? no way)
    When did you start playing WoW? During WoD or Legion? Because Cata was announced before ICC was out and MoP was announced before Dragon Soul was out.

So if they they show us next expansion before 7.3 it's not going to be something that they've never done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, they could announce Warcraft 4 as well, couldn't they?
    Blizzard already said Warcraft 4 won't be happening as long as Wow is live and that Starcraft is their sole IP for RTS games. Releasing a new Warcraft RTS alongside wow would essentially paint the devs into a corner in terms of story.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not use the Classic->TBC and TBC->WotLK because Blizzard stated several times that both of them were released too early and the respective end content (Naxxramas and Sunwell Plateau) couldn't be progressed long enough and was therefore "useless".

It's not even after you "proved" it. Date of revelation has nothing to do with how long it takes afterwards for the expansion to get released. It really doesn't matter if they reveal the next expansion on this year Gamescom or Blizzcon because it would change nothing about the release date next year or the state of the next expansion right now. Expansion around Gamescom is finished by 50% and they reveal it, expansion around Blizzcon is finished by 75% and they reveal it - what's the difference? It's not like they stop working on the expansion (or haven't start working on it when they reveal it later).
    Announcing new expansions is an integral part of their development cycle for expansions. Announcement has EVERYTHING to do with release. Again do the math. The claims you and others are making about this just simply do not bear out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    We haven't seen the 7.3 trailer yet, have we?

Then you've got your answer. For that part.
    Trailers for the current expansion have fuckall to do with expansion announcements. Seriously just stop.

Could contain WoW content story-wise but from another perspective or content we "had" in WoW but it wasn't playable or something like that. There are some novels they could actually turn into WC4 (that happened prior to Legion).
    And have this community scream bloody murder about rehashes and lazy devs? No thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Seems like an expansion announcement would vastly overshadow anything left of Legion as far as unreleased content is concerned so if we're still only pushing through ToS by the time Gamescom happens I really doubt we'll see a new expansion announcement.

They'd pretty much be throwing what is easily one of the biggest (lore wise) content patches under the bus.
    We already know how 7.3 ends. Anyone who is unaware of it by now is more than likely going to be equally unaware of any information about new expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Because 7.34 is about to be release and after that its 7.3.5 and 7.4, thats why only sillies belive to see a new xpac at gamescon....
    Considering the current expansion is named Legion and about the Burning Legion and the fact we finally defeat them in 7.3 what pray tell is going to be left in terms of story? Legion is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post

Source: https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...83583875497984

Terron Gregory is the in-game cinematic director, he also works on TRAILERS.

I think it might be a hint that we will see something exciting at Gamescom.

The trailer for next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    "The best way to hide things is to put it right in front of them" - Known, but Unknown.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna quote myself here. People have located the hint but haven't actually -found- it. I don't know if it was intended or not but keep looking at the Azshara statue. You'll see something very relevant thats being discussed right now

Let me guesss. "omg purple jewelery means 100% void yo!" or "omg the plants on her can be seen as tentacles totally void yo" or "her eyes are closed so she started into the void yo" or "omg her bra doesn't fit at all and the empty space is a void yo"

Any of them close? Because while amusing theories, they mean 0 and are all insanely far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    Yeah that is a good way to kill the patch because people will than be focused on waiting for the expansion rather then the patch.
    4 of 6 expansions were announced before the last content patch of the current expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    7.3 will be Argus without the raid. They've already noted that the raid will come later and most of us assume that means they're doing a 7.3.5 with the raid since that's been the pattern all along.

This is the weird part. The expansion won't be out for about a year in any event. So why all the desire for it now?
    It is almost as though people can not only enjoy current content but also be excited for new content or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Expansion isn't being announced on gamescom, it's going to be the 7.3 trailer.
    So when do you people think it will be announced if not at Gamescon knowing that there is a minimum 1 year between announcement and release and the fact Blizzard wants to avoid 12+ month content droughts and that we have 4 more months of the current tier and another 6 months of the next?

Anyone able to dig out what he tweeted leading up to Gamescom 2015?

https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...95715190484992
    Last edited by effs; 2017-08-01 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I have a problem considering datamined information as released content. It's released in a sense that someone created a third party program to unpack data and released the bare structure to the public but it's content which we have yet to fully experience within the natural progression of the story so I'm going to have to agree to disagree with you on this one.

In general I'm not a big fan of datamining though. For abilities and tier sets, okay, but I hate how it can be used to spoil so much of the game way ahead of schedule which creates this awkward pacing.

I'm not against it being a new expansion announcement I just hope that we can have a somewhat natural progression of story rather than be all over the place where we're talking about the next expansion and new threats before we even end the burning legion in-game.
    I don't give a fuck what you think of datamining as it has no bearing on expansion announcements. FOUR of 6 expansions were announced before the last content patch of the current expansion. FOUR. Not one. Not two. Not three. FOUR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sure, datamined content is not released, but we kinda know how the story will end. So with the cats out of the bag I really don't think gamescom should be devoted to 7.3.
    Besides:

Elder Scrolls Online and Final Fantasy XIV both released an expansion last month, The Secret World was relaunched as Secret World Legends this month, A new Guild Wars 2 expansion will be revealed onn Tuesday, Rift announced it's latest expansion to be free for everyone now last month, and SWTOR will give players in the not so distant future a patch with a new customizable and fully functional train that doubles as housing.

It's Blizzard's turn to bring out the big guns.
    Secret World, Guild Wars 2 and Rift are "big guns"? Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veshx View Post
    I really doubt an expac reveal before all the lore in 7.3 is released.
    Based on what? Misinformation you are parroting?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dylanpls View Post
    Come on, man. He admitted his mistake and said his bad. Why are so many people jumping down his throat in this thread when he relatively gracefully admitted he made the mistake and didn't know. The community here had a huge issue with not just letting things go. He said sorry, stop bringing up his early post quotes to try to further fuel a fire that was put out.
    I would imagine people are sick and tired of people spreading misinformation or blatantly lying. The response to the misinformation he posted was more than warranted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Since expansions are very linear now I don't see how they can announce something without spoiling the ending of this expansion.
    Oh for fucks sake...it is already spoiled.

Anyone who pays a modicum of attention to lore is going to very easily come up with a very, very short list of possible stories for the next expansion.

I suspect we might get a less one game Blizzard presence, and more smaller parts of all games Blizzard presence. I think that the Gul'dan teaser from two Gamescoms ago was definitely meant to be the only thing shown at Gamescom in relation to the next expansion, but they needed to rush out the announcement a few weeks, so that we could get more hype. Meaning we might only get a teaser instead of a full blown expansion content reveal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I seem to recall similar comments like this before Legion was announced at Gamescon. Again we have more than enough information here to make an educated guess as to the earliest date for release of the next expansion while not having much more than 6-10 months between it and Legion's last patch. Blizzard has got to get moving on this or risk another 12+ month content drought. Again the lead time on expansions is huge and people need to take this into account when discussing announcement/release of new expansions.
    Well, the thing is, you have 2 patches still to go with Legion, as well as the cross over patch. Would be dumb to announce it at GamesCon, rather tease it and have people buy in for BlizzCon. Then again, I found it dumb to announce Legion at GamesCon too. We aren't even close at an actual content drought. That is why I believe, maybe a 7.3 cinematic, or a teaser for 8.0.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    "The best way to hide things is to put it right in front of them" - Known, but Unknown.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna quote myself here. People have located the hint but haven't actually -found- it. I don't know if it was intended or not but keep looking at the Azshara statue. You'll see something very relevant thats being discussed right now
    I don't know, the only "weird" things I see are A) crystals on her jewelry and clothing are now dark purple instead of pink? B) there are cracks on the statue, specifically around her eyes and on her arm.
    Last edited by mmoc985e663195; 2017-08-01 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Announcing new expansions is an integral part of their development cycle for expansions. Announcement has EVERYTHING to do with release. Again do the math. The claims you and others are making about this just simply do not bear out.
    No, it's not. And no, it hasn't. It doesn't change anything, not the release date of the expansion, not the potential content drought. It doesn't matter if they announce it now or three months later because the announcement has exactly nothing to do with the work status of the expansion. At best we're seeing Beta end of the year (more likely early next year) and for that it doesn't matter if they announce it in August or November.

Cataclysm announcement November, release December
    MoP announcement November, release September
    WoD announcement November, release November
    Legion announcement August, release August
    XPAC 7 announcement August / November, release ~ September - why does it matter? Either we're having the "Legion" way or we're having the "MoP" way, what's the difference? The expansion won't be released until September '18. When they give us the prepatch in August the content drought would be just 9 months which is 30% less than we're used to - that would be quite a success. Release in May, June? Never ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, the thing is, you have 2 patches still to go with Legion, as well as the cross over patch. Would be dumb to announce it at GamesCon, rather tease it and have people buy in for BlizzCon. Then again, I found it dumb to announce Legion at GamesCon too. We aren't even close at an actual content drought. That is why I believe, maybe a 7.3 cinematic, or a teaser for 8.0.
    Even with an expansion tease at gamescom this month and an expansion release in let's say for argument's sake... October 2018, Antorus (7.3.5) will have been out for ~12 months (if it releases at around blizzcon this year).
    Last edited by effs; 2017-08-01 at 11:31 AM.

Why don't you just say what you want to say instead of giving us your cryptic posts?

What's the difference here?

She looks exactly the same, her diadem looks the same, the necklace is the same, her bra brooch is the same, the only difference could be her unseeing eyes but that could be just her eye makeup.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-08-01 at 11:35 AM.

Why don't you just say what you want to say instead of giving us your cryptic posts?
    Because he's bullshitting. Just ignore him.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's a little too much reading going into the Azshara thing (albeit, I do agree that the next xpac is likely South Sea/Azshara given the in-game allusions thus far).

Ion has long been "The Raid Guy", so using a picture from the current raid makes a lot of sense. Blizzard would likely want to use a "scenic" picture of the raid, which in Tomb (A temple that is largely in ruins), there's not a great deal to choose from:

The intro part looks very similar to Cathedral of Eternal Night, which I think they used for another Q&A a while back. The naga parts are mainly generic caves, other than the Tidestone room, which, although cool, a bubble of air surrounded by the ocean doesn't make a great backdrop.

The only real strong options they had were the Azshara stairway (which they used), Maiden's room, showing some of the corrupted titan heads and stuff, Avatar's p1 room, and maybe KJ's ship, if the area was built to be able to have a panoramic shot taken, with all the trippy skybox shit that happens there.

Could very well be that whoever threw the page together for the announcement just looked at a folder of ToS screen caps and decided that one was the best.
    Last edited by Ryuda; 2017-08-01 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I like this alot
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Even with an expansion tease at gamescom this month and an expansion release in let's say for argument's sake... October 2018, Antorus (7.3.5) will have been out for ~12 months (if it releases at around blizzcon this year).
    You can't even take 7.3.5 on the list, it's not even out, nor is 7.3. So, lets guess 7.3.5 is around BlizzCon, so still, a release around summer 2018 makes sense. Hence BlizzCon announcement makes more sense. Only reason Legion was at GamesCon was due to the need of building hype
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..