Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I will tell you right now, i am miserable on commercial airline flight, at 6'6" I have literally zero leg room, and usually have to man spread (lulz).

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    You are right i was talking about the first middle row which also has more leg space but are always reserved for parents and their children. The exit row is a crap shoot to land though.
    Agreed. I just end up biting the bullet and buying economy +

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    It is only Monday and the fat shaming thread is already posted.

What will you do with the rest of your week?
    Maybe fat people need to be shamed. You want to clamor on about universal healthcare, well these disgusting fat bodies will be the majority of the cost incurred. Heaven forbid you get a seat next to one on an airplane, a concert or sporting event and have the audacity to ask them to keep their fat rolls off the arm rest.

Sure, there's a minuscule percentage that have legitimate health issues that lead to their weight gain, but for the overwhelming majority, they are just lazy SOBs with zero accountability, who demand kid's glove treatment regarding their unhealthy/disgusting weight.

Since when did laziness and overeating junk food put a person in a protected social class that can't be ridiculed? Fuck that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    https://www.thestar.com/business/201...ine-seats.html

Very interesting. It seems inherently unfair for a normal sized person to pay the same as a slim person. Or a slim person to pay the same as an overweight person. Maybe it's time to add some type of surcharge based on weight?

Technology has come far enough. Fair is fair.
    You just made the argument against universal healthcare.

Deleted
    Very interesting. It seems inherently unfair for a normal sized person to pay the same as a slim person. Or a slim person to pay the same as an overweight person. Maybe it's time to add some type of surcharge based on weight?

I propose a fee on spamming forums with random articles from the Internet.

Deleted
    Last time I flew (From Lisbon to Helsinki) the flight was pretty empty so I got a whole row for myself. Usually it's pretty tight sideways (not blaming anyone here) and if I don't get a seat at the exit, my knees thank no one.

I think it would be fair if overweight people pay more but in exchange get bigger seats where they can sit comfortably. Slim people can pay less if they sit in tighter rows.
    As a somewhat overweight person i would be ok with that, if fact i would prefer to pay a bit more to get a comfy seat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    If seats seem too small to you and you're not a man over 6 feet tall, it's time to take a good look in the mirror. I fly more weeks than not and this just isn't a serious issue if you're not obese.
    I can complain if I'm over 6 feet tall? Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Maybe fat people need to be shamed. You want to clamor on about universal healthcare, well these disgusting fat bodies will be the majority of the cost incurred. Heaven forbid you get a seat next to one on an airplane, a concert or sporting event and have the audacity to ask them to keep their fat rolls off the arm rest.

Sure, there's a minuscule percentage that have legitimate health issues that lead to their weight gain, but for the overwhelming majority, they are just lazy SOBs with zero accountability, who demand kid's glove treatment regarding their unhealthy/disgusting weight.

Since when did laziness and overeating junk food put a person in a protected social class that can't be ridiculed? Fuck that...
    Just include smoker, drinker, addicts, homeless and handicapped people to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Literally countless times. There is a long history of armies wanted to invade Britain, but they could never really beat their navy. If France could have gotten their military to Britain in the 17th century they could have probably wiped out the UK. In modern day look at Israel if they didn't have a standing Military a number of nations in the region would gladly slaughter a large part of the population. Or North Korea, their Army may not be stopping the US military, but China definitely makes us not go in and start doing regime change.
    The question wasn't 'how many times has an army stopped an invading enemy' it was 'how many times has it stopped another from even attempting'

Your examples of Britain seem to have a pattern: it did not stop another countries from attempting to attack. Not Rome, not France, not Germany, not Germany again, and so on. Israel is another one. They've been attacked multiple times despite having said military. It can't have been a successful deterrent, when it got tested multiple times whether it works in reality.

North Korea....where to begin...I seem to remember there having been a Korean war, where neither the North Korean army, or the Chinese army acted as deterrent from American war attempts. Since then, the deterrent has been Seoul being hostage, and the massive economic hit you'd take if you piss all over China by NK invasion. Chinese military is not the deterrent you wish to make it as, and only the minor portion of NK military manning the guns near the border is.

Oh, btw, Vietnam had an army, Iraq had an army twice, Afghanistan had an army, Libya had an army, Syria had an army. US had an army, and didn't stop Mexico or Japan from attacking. Notice a pattern?
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-08-01 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    https://www.thestar.com/business/201...ine-seats.html

Good start there should be an incentive for people to be healthy.
    Voluntary unhealthiness, such as addictions or being fat, has to be punished. There are rehabs for criminals, addicts, fats... we should utilize them.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Not an uncommon situation:

That is small. That does happen without being abnormally high. A 6 feet man isn't even rare: it's only slightly above average. And what does sex have to do with anything?.

Safety concerns rarely stop at standard, normal, environments anyway. They often go into emergency situations. That one can fit inside the allotted space is irrelevant: they need to account for maneuverability under any emergency: gotta grab that life-vest under your seat? good luck doing that in the 71cm observed minimum between seats.

Turning a security issue into a fat-people bitchfest. Only in Tennisace threads.
    Thats because that leg is one of an obese person.

While we're at it, we need to charge people who bring babies on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Well, I mean if we are to look at the history of the human race... How many times has a country having a military ever stopped another from attacking it, if they so wanted?
    So instead of having a standing army we should just let whatever country feels like doing some conquering today walk on in? Like how will you ever get through life with the though process of: "Well it happens anyways so why take any measures against it?"

Fuck seatbelts. People still die in car crashes with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    So instead of having a standing army we should just let whatever country feels like doing some conquering today walk on in? Like how will you ever get through life with the though process of: "Well it happens anyways so why take any measures against it?"

Fuck seatbelts. People still die in car crashes with them.
    I get through life just fine without worshipping military above all. Because that seemed to be the original point, putting military and police on pedestal for their greatest contribution to ones society. Well, as it happens, one of those barely contribute to the daily works of the society at all, apart from being a massive cost, and the other is actually involved daily in the society.

If that's too hard a point to figure out, then too bad.

Seriously tho, if one believes that a random recruit sitting in the base on his ass, because there's nothing actually useful for him to do during peace, contributes to society more than say, doctors and nurses, then maybe they need to rethink their life.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-08-01 at 03:17 PM.

Thats because that leg is one of an obese person.
    Even if the leg was thin, the issue is that it is jammed into the back of the seat in front of him. I'm 6'2 and thin (215), and a 3-4 hour flight is pretty brutal on the knees and back.

I get through life just fine without worshipping military above all. Because that seemed to be the original point, putting military and police on pedestal for their greatest contribution to ones society. Well, as it happens, one of those barely contribute to the daily works of the society at all, apart from being a massive cost, and the other is actually involved daily in the society.

If that's too hard a point to figure out, then too bad.
    No I understand the point, I also subscribe to the belief that we romanticize the armed forces and police force to an unreasonable extent. Your contempt for them does not counter-act the fervor that is spouted by that crowd. All that is accomplished by you hating them is coming off as a whiny entitled brat who thinks that we can all just get along. If someone breaks into your house feel free to not call the police. They're an unnecessary cost to society and it would be much better for you to just not increase that burden by asking them to do your job. And unfortunately you can't opt completely out of the protections offered by the military, but by all means take yourself to Nangarhar and see what people do every single day to make sure you have the ability to get on here and disrespect them and everyone that they serve with.

Military spending is too high. Agreed. We have engaged and continue to engage in superfluous conflicts. Agreed. But to come in here and say that you'd be fine without both the military and the police is simply absurd, ignorant, and frankly kinda fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Even if the leg was thin, the issue is that it is jammed into the back of the seat in front of him. I'm 6'2 and thin (215), and a 3-4 hour flight is pretty brutal on the knees and back.
    This is a fat shaming thread, we stick to the rules! We can assume they would have more room to posture themselves if they were a bit (lot) thinner. Of course that doesn't change that people above 6'-ish will just simply not have room for their legs if the seats are so close together. I sympathize with that.
    Last edited by Novakhoro; 2017-08-01 at 03:20 PM.

No I understand the point, I also subscribe to the belief that we romanticize the armed forces and police force to an unreasonable extent. Your contempt for them does not counter-act the fervor that is spouted by that crowd. All that is accomplished by you hating them is coming off as a whiny entitled brat who thinks that we can all just get along. If someone breaks into your house feel free to not call the police. They're an unnecessary cost to society and it would be much better for you to just not increase that burden by asking them to do your job. And unfortunately you can't opt completely out of the protections offered by the military, but by all means take yourself to Nangarhar and see what people do every single day to make sure you have the ability to get on here and disrespect them and everyone that they serve with.

Military spending is too high. Agreed. We have engaged and continue to engage in superfluous conflicts. Agreed. But to come in here and say that you'd be fine without both the military and the police is simply absurd, ignorant, and frankly kinda fucking retarded.
    I suggest reading comprehension classes if you want to go down that road. But I do have to say that line is very amusing on that exact note.

This is a fat shaming thread, we stick to the rules! We can assume they would have more room to posture themselves if they were a bit (lot) thinner. Of course that doesn't change that people above 6'-ish will just simply not have room for their legs if the seats are so close together. I sympathize with that.
    Opps My bad. Burn the fat people with fire!!!!

I suggest reading comprehension classes if you want to go down that road. But I do have to say that line is very amusing on that exact note.
    Because of the use of a colloquialism? If you believe that attacking my use of a colloquialism on the internet dismisses my entire point, then I guess I've wasted my time responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Opps My bad. Burn the fat people with fire!!!!
    ^^^ this guy gets it. Maybe it'll melt all the fat then we can be happy