Need new computer

Looking for a new computer that can be pre-built or custom built.

Budget: $700-$900.
    Prefer AMD/ATI this time around for CPU/GPU. Not sure what the market is currently or what's good. Heard Intel isn't doing very well.
    If going down the pre built option what are good brands? Been looking at Lenovo and HP gaming desktops.

Only games I care about running are WoW, LoL, and GW2.
    Last edited by holosmith; 2017-08-02 at 09:31 PM.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($128.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($75.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($83.88 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($47.88 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Phoenix Video Card ($144.98 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT - Phantom 240 ATX Mid Tower Case ($56.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($41.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($89.89 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $790.45
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-08-02 17:34 EDT-0400

If you decide to build the computer yourself. AMD GPUs right now are just too expensive. Things you can change around. Upgrade from the 1300x to a 1600. Get a nicer looking supply or Case. But this is a decent base in your price range. If your looking for a prebuilt, https://www.walmart.com/ip/CYBERPOWE...luded/55721490 Isn't bad however, the self built will be much better. If your looking to customize, i believe ibuypower would be the cheapest right now.

Also, Intel isn't bad, Intel is doing some really poor reacting to AMD. Intel is falling behind in the High-end desktop market (2000$+) Ryzen is very close to intel in the home desktop market but intel is just a little bit ahead. Nvidia vs AMD, they're not too different. If you have a freesync monitor, try to find a GPU (480,580,570) bundled with another computer component as theyre still overpriced, more so that nvidia due to the cards being very good for crypto mining.

(Just saw your edit. If your just playing those three games and dont add a ton of storage stuff to your computer, like person files, drop the 1TB storage drive. Take the money from that and the extra room in your budget and try to either get a 1060 6GB or a 580 8GB.)
    Last edited by teamkiller; 2017-08-02 at 09:47 PM. Reason: corrected Intel is not bad yay typos

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holosmith View Post
    Looking for a new computer that can be pre-built or custom built.

Budget: $700-$900.
    Prefer AMD/ATI this time around for CPU/GPU. Not sure what the market is currently or what's good. Heard Intel isn't doing very well.
    If going down the pre built option what are good brands? Been looking at Lenovo and HP gaming desktops.

Only games I care about running are WoW, LoL, and GW2.
    Then you heard wrong. Intel is still the king of gaming
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Then you heard wrong. Intel is still the king of gaming
    If his budget was bigger i'd agree but with that budget, Ryzen will be better in the long term.

Thank you!

Just curious, but if I had to choose an AMD GPU what do you recommend?

Thank you!

the RX 570 580 or 480. I just cant really recommend them right now. The supply is just so small that they're big time overpriced. The 1050ti really is the best performance per dollar right now. Sadly until the miners let go of their cards.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teamkiller View Post
    If his budget was bigger i'd agree but with that budget, Ryzen will be better in the long term.
    But that was not he's point. But i do agree with you on the budget, but Intel is not doing bad at all

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

As Teamkiller says. The AMD GPUs are to high in price right now because of the crypto mining and the Nvidia highend cards are allso overpriced right now
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    But that was not he's point. But i do agree with you on the budget, but Intel is not doing bad at all

Yep, Yep. We both corrected that lol.