Poll: New form of cosmetic items?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Ideas for new cosmetics?

With the new expansion release do you believe blizzard should implement a new form of cosmetic for players to unlock and if so what do you wish/want to be added into the game?
    Last edited by Fawkess; 2017-08-03 at 08:27 AM.

They have to add a Rouge class, obviously.

armor dye, but i think its impossible with current engine
    Last edited by nVIDIA; 2017-08-03 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dye, or mount customization.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    I'd love to see more race, and faction specific armor sets, Magister and Farstrider sets for Blood Elves, Priestess of Elune and Sentinel sets for Night Elves etc, we got some in WoD, Stormwind and Orgrimmar armors, as well as orcish clan armor but I'd love even more.

Dye, of course

Every item from every set made available, no more sets with no boots or gloves.

Upgrades for spell effects, like Green Fire

Racial and faction specific spell effects, white or silver light for Night Elf Priests for instance.

Dyes are at the top of the wishlist, but likely too difficult to implement technically.

Personally, I think it would be nice to give professions cosmetic enhancements. Engineerings gets little grappling arms or hand drills or whatever, enchanting could make shoulders glow or give halos around heads, etc. Limitless possibilities.

But all that is probably just too much work. Graphics tend to take up a lot of work, but they're entirely irrelevant to the functional parts of gameplay. That's usually a fairly poor tradeoff, which would be realistic only with a significantly more robust real-money microtransaction system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    With the new expansion release do you believe blizzard should implement a new form of cosmetic for players to unlock and if so what do you wish/want to be added into the game?
    I'm on Team Dye My Gear like so many others.

But what do you mean when you made the option for "Customization BOATS"? What boat do you want to customize? I don't have any boats...

Deleted
    I like the green fire idea, with spell colour customization. They've done it a bit with glyphs in Legion so I guess they're toying with the idea, so it would be cool for them to expand on it.

Also, more race-themed armour. I love that there are very troll-specific armours in game, for example, so would be great to see more for the other races. Even better if they're exclusive to that race as well

I'd like an option for "mounted combat" No, I don't mean chaotic battlegrounds running at 100% increased speed while attacking, I mean mounts having a 0% speed battle mode just for coolness' sake. Maybe integrate some mechanics similar to the original plainsrunning concept for Tauren into mounts, when in battle?

Voted green fire tho, cuz some classes really need more visual differentiation between races, plus visual variety is always awesome.

Deleted
    Armors with unique animations

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that Dye is difficult, it's the work required.

They would have to recolor every single armor piece in 20 different colors.

Would eat up 2 expansions.

---------------------

As for other cosmetics.... more hairstyles and skin color change for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina Proudmoore tits.

Deleted
    I want items and quests to upgrade graphics - add/new armor to alrdy ingame mounts you have collected.
    Also have items drop from raids - dungeons to recolor a old tier set - dungeon set from those to a different color.

Maybe you can get also character creation options unlocked by drops: new hairstyle, skin colors, horns, standard size of you character become smaller - bigger ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Player housing and Jaina Proudmoore's severed head as a decoration so I can mount it on my wall.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No really cosmetic thing, but I would like if profession recipes would become another account-wide tab, so it would be another collection game like toys, pets or transmog. Of course you still could pick only two active professions, but you wouldn't lost all your progress after you change it to different one.

Crafted transmog sets, useable for level 1 and up.

They removed the option to transmog into the ToV-sets on low level characters, and I'd rather see "alt transmog" be a player controlled market than having them from the Blizzard Store...

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    We actually used to have these. Off the top of my head, BE paladins had a race-specific seal and NE priests had an additional ability which was elune-based.

They were ultimately removed for balancing purposes.
    which is why people ask for the same spell with a different appearance and not a different spell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I chose green fire like styles and other....

I say other because I'd like to see some kind of mount scaling or mount riding update...obviously you can't go through every mount and make things perfect, can't give every race special mounting on every mount...but I'd like to see some kind of a update.

It just irks me that with more and more mounts there is just large amounts of clipping because models act like they're riding horses even though they're riding some behemoth mount...there are ways to fix it for females...but honestly I can't think of a way to fix it for males without them looking silly.

So just something that probably really isn't possible but I'd like to see a fix if they could do it.

Customizable spell effects.

New skins, subraces/subfactions and more customization overall. Racial gear based on popular organizations of that specific race. Green fire abilities. Armor dye. Player housing (done right!).