Page 5 of 675 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    More on Neymar's play: La Liga didn't take the 222M from PSG to pay his release clause.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    he was an utter waste of space/money/time @ NYCFC
    Errr, u w0t m8?

15 goals in 29 appearences.
    Wasn't helped by injury but was hardly a waste of space.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Frank "I deserve to be fast tracked to a manager job because I was a good player" Lampard has signed with BT Sport as a pundit. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    When has he ever said he deserves a managerial role because he was a good player?
    He tried to get a manager job at Oxford
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2017-08-03 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    When has he ever said he deserves a managerial role because he was a good player?
    He tried to get a manager job at Oxford
    Unfortunately I don't have a bookmark folder of Lampard quotes on my computer ready to dispense at a moments notice. But I shall try to find the video when I'm home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    More on Neymar's play: La Liga didn't take the 222M from PSG to pay his release clause.
    While i think its great to try to get FFP under control I dont understand what La Liga have to do with this? If Barca have a buyout claus and PSG meet it why can then the league stop it? UEFA i can understand because of FFP, but not the league itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    While i think its great to try to get FFP under control I dont understand what La Liga have to do with this? If Barca have a buyout claus and PSG meet it why can then the league stop it? UEFA i can understand because of FFP, but not the league itself.
    Something to do with the player having to pay his own clause to La Liga and they then pay the club. Or something. It's weird.

The biggest difference between Spanish buyout clauses and release clauses more common in other big leagues around the world is the manner in which they must be triggered.
    Rather than the buying club merely paying the selling club the amount set by the contract, the player himself must buy himself out.
    This is done by depositing the amount of the buyout clause with La Liga to release the player from his contract. La Liga then pass the money onto the selling club.
    Normally this will require the buying club to pay the player the sum of the buyout clause up front.
    From BBC.

Because it is weird construction in how PSG wants to pull this off

it's overlooked to often but outside of this unholy amount of money the fact that PSG shouldn't be able to afford this shit should be raising a few eyebrowns. And if the sponsorship deal is true....I can not imagine not breaking a couple of (fiscal) rules or even the FFP that prohibits the infinite cash injections from sponsors.

UEFA or FIFA should be looking into this construction before given PSG the greenlicht.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Come on lads, there's no sense in ragging on Wednesday until the end of the season when 75% of the fans come out of the woodwork to watch them fail in the playoffs.

Just screaming into the void here.
    Joke's on you, we're probably not going to make the playoffs this year. We desperately need a centre half but despite a lot of rumours we've not signed one yet.

I know it's only preseason but when you're reduced to referring to your opponents as "Scottish giants Rangers" because they've just (deservedly) beaten you 2-0 then you're not playing like a team that should be expecting to get near the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Pretty sure they're stalling and trying to shame UEFA into doing something - I've read elsewhere that they don't really have the jurisdiction to block it. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Qataris do pull the ultimate troll move of giving Neymar the cash for a made up 2022 World Cup job to avoid FFP coming into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxoffender View Post

Pretty sure they're stalling and trying to shame UEFA into doing something - I've read elsewhere that they don't really have the jurisdiction to block it. It'll be interesting to see what happens if the Qataris do pull the ultimate troll move of giving Neymar the cash for a made up 2022 World Cup job to avoid FFP coming into play.
    Well they already gave Neyma's lawyer the check which got rejected.

And UEFA should be looking into this, including everything Neymar isn't worth 500M euro's http://news.sky.com/story/neymar-agr...rmain-10971309

So come on...outside of pure hatred towards the Spanish who actually thinks that this entire construction where PSG tries to keep the cost of 500M off the books is actually good businesses.

Deleted
    Barca mad when they aren't the ones buying players with dirty Qatari money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Barca mad when they aren't the ones buying players with dirty Qatari money.
    Love seeing PSG and their affiliated media over here squirm though.

Deleted
    Yeah I'm trying to feel bad about the state of the game, but actually it's pretty fucking hilarious that this is happening to Barca. Hardly think they hold the moral high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Well they already gave Neyma's lawyer the check which got rejected.

And UEFA should be looking into this, including everything Neymar isn't worth 500M euro's http://news.sky.com/story/neymar-agr...rmain-10971309

So come on...outside of pure hatred towards the Spanish who actually thinks that this entire construction where PSG tries to keep the cost of 500M off the books is actually good businesses.
    It's not mentioned in that article you linked - are the Spanish FA saying that the money hasn't come from PSG but from Neymar, who was himself paid directly by the Qataris? That's what I was talking about.

It's not mentioned in that article you linked - are the Spanish FA saying that the money hasn't come from PSG but from Neymar, who was himself paid directly by the Qataris? That's what I was talking about.
    My link was about the value of this transfer, that everything included it's closer to 500M

the fact where the money is coming from isn't known is what makes this even more questionable. The sponsorship deal hasn't been confirmed yet so it's even possible that Walther White is paying this shit.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter because Tebas (The La Liga chairman) said that they won't accept the clause because it comes from a foreign team. If let's say Real Madrid would have bought Neymar then it's a different case because it stays in La Liga.

They don't have jurisdiction and this will end with a UEFA/FIFA subpoena. The only thing this is doing is fucking up with player (because he wants to start playing with PSG as Ligue One starts this weekend) and Barcelona because this will stall any possible movements.

I know you think Barcelona got a lot of money, they don't. Neymar leaving 222M is a blessing in disguise as they can finally built a team with TOP Midfielders and find a proper substitute for Neymar on Dembelé or any1 that could fit the profile. 222M can buy a lot and right now Barcelona doesn't have a dime (last report from a month ago stated they could spend 40-60M) in comparison to let's say Real Madrid, City, United, PSG.

Deleted
    So, technically, Neymar will be going to PSG on a free?

Deleted
    So, technically, Neymar will be going to PSG on a free?
    That's my understanding of it. Really fucking sneaky and really fucking clever.

Deleted
    Well my next question is, what are Ronaldo and Messi's buyout clauses?

I know we'll all say, they wouldn't do it, but everyones got a price.

This is a huge loophole in La Liga that needs to be fixed quick.

Pretty sure Ronaldo's is 1 billion.

It's not actually to do with La Liga, it's Spanish law that says release clauses must be done in this way.

Deleted

It's not actually to do with La Liga, it's Spanish law that says release clauses must be done in this way.
    Yeah I know it's Spanish law, but still, they've got to find someway to stop this surely, maybe not the Neymar transfer, but the next sugar daddy who comes in to just straight up buy a player for his club.

It doesn't matter because Tebas (The La Liga chairman) said that they won't accept the clause because it comes from a foreign team. If let's say Real Madrid would have bought Neymar then it's a different case because it stays in La Liga.

They don't have jurisdiction and this will end with a UEFA/FIFA subpoena. The only thing this is doing is fucking up with player (because he wants to start playing with PSG as Ligue One starts this weekend) and Barcelona because this will stall any possible movements.

I know you think Barcelona got a lot of money, they don't. Neymar leaving 222M is a blessing in disguise as they can finally built a team with TOP Midfielders and find a proper substitute for Neymar on Dembelé or any1 that could fit the profile. 222M can buy a lot and right now Barcelona doesn't have a dime (last report from a month ago stated they could spend 40-60M) in comparison to let's say Real Madrid, City, United, PSG.
    Well the reporting of football teams needs to be improved in general, if I can trust this report PSG made a profit of 10M and they offered Neymar a contract of 30M

Meanwhile, financial results were as positive as ever. PSG
    recorded operating revenues of EUR 520.9 million, an 8%-
    plus year-on-year increase, alongside a 17% rise in after-tax
    profits of EUR 10.4 million.
    https://www.footballbenchmark.com/do...eport_2017.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is because the release clause is something akin to a hostile takeover.

The assumption probably was ''nobody can spend 220M + another 100M in taxes buying a player''

- - - Updated - - -

The clause is actually a good thing, the idea is to put a unreasonable price on you're best players something other teams can't afford.

The other thing would be if you want to buy messi for example is just to go to Barca and offer them 120M which if Messi accepted the transfer Barca would also be forced to accept the transfer. If a player really wants to leave and the other side offers a reasonable amount the judge in this case (if barca wouldn't accept the transfer fee) would rule in favor of the player.

But with this clause you kind of set the price beforehand.