Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Yep, I think it's the opposite to what any mmorpg, or any open world game altogether should strive towards. One can only hope some day, blizzard will decide that end game and level boosts are not what manages to convince newcomers to stick to this game.
    2 specs really isn't a deal breaker to me, in a world where WoW were redesigned I could see current 3-spec classes being 2 spec. Priest, Rogue and Warlock come to mind.

Roll Disc into Holy to remove that headache that's plagued them since vanilla
    Roll Sub's utility into outlaw and ass
    Roll Demonology into just baseline Warlock abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    2 specs really isn't a deal breaker to me, in a world where WoW were redesigned I could see current 3-spec classes being 2 spec. Priest, Rogue and Warlock come to mind.

Honestly, all pure dps classes could manage with one less spec for sure, blizz was pretty ambitious in vanilla.

Honestly, all pure dps classes could manage with one less spec for sure, blizz was pretty ambitious in vanilla.
    I think Mage is the only exception. That's a class where the specs are notably distinct. Rogue is the exact opposite. Hell, Rogue could be a ONE spec class in Vanilla.

And yeah, it would definetly be a challenge to make a class interesting to level, while having no DPS spec, while not making DPS specs have such an easy time that it's not even interesting any more for them.
    I think an easy solution is if they had a way to scale damage up for all non-DPS classes outside of raiding and dungeons or world boss events. Or easier yet, scale down all DPS damage and balance the world and questing around that. I think that would open up some crazy possibilities for Healer/Tank only hybrids

I think Mage is the only exception. That's a class where the specs are notably distinct. Rogue is the exact opposite. Hell, Rogue could be a ONE spec class in Vanilla.
    Never played a Rogue since WoW vanilla beta. Are the specs a lot different now though, enough to warrant them keeping all 3? I've always felt that way about Rogue identity in WoW, where they don't necessarily need full specs but rather spec variations (Talents? Artifacts?) that just let them explore the Pirate/Ninja themes that they currently have.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-08-03 at 10:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I think an easy solution is if they had a way to scale damage up for all non-DPS classes outside of raiding and dungeons or world boss events. Or easier yet, scale down all DPS damage and balance the world and questing around that. I think that would open up some crazy possibilities for Healer/Tank only hybrids
    I suppose level scaling-like mechanics would be a good approach for this issue, provided they can separate pve from pvp, which I suppose is already the case with level scaling anyway

Never played a Rogue since WoW vanilla beta. Are the specs a lot different now though, enough to warrant them keeping all 3? I've always felt that way about Rogue identity in WoW, where they don't necessarily need full specs but rather spec variations (Talents? Artifacts?) that just let them explore the Pirate/Ninja themes that they currently have.
    They are, while i prefer Outlaw(Assassin isn't rewarding for me and Sub feels wierd) they are clearly distinct from one another.

Shure, they have similar utility spells and variations(Throw Knife and Throw Shuriken), but that happens with every class.

I think they feel similar to others player because they don't have as many flashy animations or unique traits from one another.The 3 Dk specs for example are easily Identifiable, Frost are One-Handers, Uh and Blood are 2H but Uh has a pet.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-08-03 at 10:33 PM.

Outlaw= Pirate
    Assassin= Poisons
    Subtly= Ninja

I agree with @Darktbs, Outlaw is the best. Love capping people with my pistol.

I personally still don't think there's a good distinction between assassin and sub, though Blizz nailed the pirate theme of Outlaw very nicely.
    I personally was a huge proponent of making Subtlety a stealth archer spec, it would have been as cool and distinct as survival is to Hunter. But like you, I also have never played a Rogue since MoP, so maybe the rogue fans see a distinction I don't. "Stealthy ninja" and "stealthy poison stabby" sounds identical to me.

I liked that they choose to go with the Ninja style for Sub but i don't like the way it was executed, could be that i still didn't grasp fully how to play it but like BM(it still better then BM hunter, anything its better then BM) they had a nice idea but didn't live up to its expectations.

Could really do this to Warriors and mages as well. Prior to Legion I would've said the same about hunters. Though now their three specs feel wholly different...then again two talent choices could change the class up totally. Talent choice of range or melee, talent choice of pets or no pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Could really do this to Warriors and mages as well. Prior to Legion I would've said the same about hunters. Though now their three specs feel wholly different...then again two talent choices could change the class up totally. Talent choice of range or melee, talent choice of pets or no pets.
    Imagine if talent trees were more like a sphere, or just branched multi-directionally and specs didn't exist at all.

Imagine if talent trees were more like a sphere, or just branched multi-directionally and specs didn't exist at all.
    Like Path of the Exile type of talents?

I do, a lot. Though when it comes to different roles ( tank, healer, mDPS, and rDPS) specs don't bother me, but when a class has two roles that are exact same I think "why the fuck?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Plate: 3, Mail: 2, Leather: 4, Cloth: 3. My OCD is killing me, why was DH not Mail, could have been 3 of each. Anyway, next class MUST be Mail or things are getting crazy.

Last 3 added heroes; DK, Monk, DH, have all been Melee and Tank (except Monk for heal). This game REALLY NEED more Ranged and Heal options.

So, in conclusion, this game need a Mail Healer and Ranged DPS class!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Plate: 3, Mail: 2, Leather: 4, Cloth: 3. My OCD is killing me, why was DH not Mail, could have been 3 of each. Anyway, next class MUST be Mail or things are getting crazy.
    That is not a good reasoning. Personal loot makes "balancing the armor types" moot. Plus Blizzard has shown that this "balancing" is not one they care about too much.

Last 3 added heroes; DK, Monk, DH, have all been Melee and Tank (except Monk for heal). This game REALLY NEED more Ranged and Heal options.
    We're ok with healers, though I agree about ranged DPS.

As awesome as that sounds, anything blizzard could ever try to do to make talents and class progression different and exciting, the community will always destroy by finding some optimal 1% increase that makes it so everyone must follow a specific set of "choices"

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    That is not a good reasoning. Personal loot makes "balancing the armor types" moot. Plus Blizzard has shown that this "balancing" is not one they care about too much.

We're ok with healers, though I agree about ranged DPS.
    Yea we're good on healers and tanks. We need more ranged DPS already.

Yea we're good on healers and tanks. We need more ranged DPS already.
    New caster ranged, or physical DPS ranged?

Despite the playerbase begging for a new ranged class, I got a sinking feeling that the next class is going to be melee DPS. Survival going melee was a pretty bad sign.

I believe that introducing Healers and/or Tanks its a good thing and somewhat necessary be it Ranged or Mellee.

You give oportunity to players to try out those roles and you also need to appeal to that playerbase, those players also want to try out new classes and specs.Not saying that all exp need to introduce one of each role, after all, of the 3 classes they added, only one of them had a healer spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    New caster ranged, or physical DPS ranged?

Despite the playerbase begging for a new ranged class, I got a sinking feeling that the next class is going to be melee DPS. Survival going melee was a pretty bad sign.
    Survival is such a waste. They could've done a ranged spear throwing spec like the Guild Wars 1 Paragon class. It would be a very unique playstyle. A hunter spec more in tune with nature magics.