Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Burn level: Hiroshima"

The most absolutely savage post I have seen this year. Holy flippin' balls.

I need a moment.
    Geeze. I know my post was good, but no need to go overboard.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

The unfortunate byproduct of the grocery store...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people care so much about what 4 people on tumblr say?

Cultural appropriation belongs with the likes of flat earthers and anti vaxxers as utter and total bullshit with zero merit what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    This is another case of people with such good lives that they have to create problems to complain about. But then again, that's Tumblr in general.
    Hammer Directly on Nail. Nothing else needs to be said here.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    I understand what cultural appropriation is supposed to be. Unfortunately, what is actually cultural appropriation is very different from what Tumblrinas call "cultural appropriation".

True cultural appropriation goes something like this
    There's no such thing as cultural appropriation. What you described was a business that did nothing wrong, in fact most probably it immortalized that garment, if it's really popular, if it's not - that garment is shit and no one needs it. Also those cheap copies probably are of better quality than the originals.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    In Civilization we call it a cultural victory.
    For... Japan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Burn Level: Hiroshima.... damn

Lucky Yamaguchi felt that one and actually decided it was a good day to take off from work.

Deleted
    I understand what cultural appropriation is supposed to be. Unfortunately, what is actually cultural appropriation is very different from what Tumblrinas call "cultural appropriation".

True cultural appropriation goes something like this:

An indigenous culture has a particular type of garment that holds great meaning in their society. Maybe a boy gets it when he becomes a man or something, maybe it is reserved for the most important leaders, whatever, it's some kind of symbol of honor and status. Someone who works for Urban Outfitters sees it and says "wow, that looks really cool, we should sell those in our stores!" So Urban Outfitters places an order with some factory to churn out millions of cheap copies of this garment and sells them for 20 bucks a whack in their stores. Thousands of people buy them and wear them proudly. The meaning behind the original is lost because everyone is wearing a copy and nobody cares.

That's cultural appropriation. A white person making sushi is not cultural appropriation.
    No, there's no such thing.

Cultural appropriation is one of the most idiotic ideas i have come across in my life

although apparently "media" outlets just recently got ahold of this, you know it's old as balls right?

the pictures are 5 years old and the tumblr comments are 2+ years old

This is all about a hammer looking for a nail.

An entire cottage industry has been constructed around the idea of getting offended at things. There's a lot of money in it. People get paid big bucks to organize and agitate for social issues. Once that apparatus has been constructed, it is now in their best interest to ALWAYS and ENDLESSLY find new things to get offended at. Its either that, or they lose their jobs.

Which is why this will never end. They must always find new things to get offended at. It doesn't matter if it makes sense or not. The stupidest things will get promoted via TV ads, commercials, billboards, print ads, etc. to promote something as suddenly very offensive. This provides job security for those involved in "purifying" the culture. Its about $$$$. Follow the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tumblr is a cesspoll, no wonder terms such as "cultural appropriation" are thrown around in complete ignorance.

It's an empty term with no meaning whatsoever. Like most buzzwords used by SJWs nowadays.

Black people should stop appropriating my culture by wearing viking helmets. It is MY culture as a scandinavian and doesn't belong to you! It offends me deeply!

Oh no wait i'm white so no one gives a shit.

Country must stop surrendering and eating cheese. It is my culture as a french and I feel offended.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Cultural appropriation doesnt exist.
    QFT. It's just what civilizations have been doing since, well, being civilizations.

My fiance is Filipino, so I get to learn how to make delicious meals like pancit, lumpia, siopao, and giniling. I'll be damned if they take away my food.

An indigenous culture has a particular type of garment that holds great meaning in their society. Maybe a boy gets it when he becomes a man or something, maybe it is reserved for the most important leaders, whatever, it's some kind of symbol of honor and status. Someone who works for Urban Outfitters sees it and says "wow, that looks really cool, we should sell those in our stores!" So Urban Outfitters places an order with some factory to churn out millions of cheap copies of this garment and sells them for 20 bucks a whack in their stores. Thousands of people buy them and wear them proudly. The meaning behind the original is lost because everyone is wearing a copy and nobody cares.

That's cultural appropriation. A white person making sushi is not cultural appropriation.
    What are the negative effects of this?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Deleted
    As more cultural diversity a society has, as stronger it gets.

Locking out other cultures never worked and will never work.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    What are the negative effects of this?
    Some dumb tumblrina (I know it's a tautology) will go apeshit crazy triggered over that. Wait... that's a positive effect.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side