Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tricks / suggestions for leveling 100-110 fast?

Just curious if there is. Want to get all my alts to 110 asap. Besides doing quests and occasional dungeons, any "fast" way to get to 110 from 100?

10+ Year Old Account
    Heirlooms are, of course, the main way to speed things up REGARDLESS what you end up doing. But doing the invasions on each alt when they're up is by far the most time efficient. You can only do the world quests (not the scenario) but it takes 10-15min to do all 6 for roughly 1.5 levels each invasion. Of course you'd have to wait a few days, but it's very time efficient and you don't have to dedicate all your time to alt leveling.

If you have flying (even if not): just do the invasions with them. They will be 110 in around 2 weeks, depending on the invasions and your time. This way you just have to play each alt for up to 20 minutes per invasion.
    If you want to be 110 in a few days realtime, just do the main quest in each region + the dungeon quest you recieve.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rested EXP and Invasions. You can level more than one at a time, just stick them into Dalaran to soak up rested EXP and quickly do Invasions when they pop up. A friend and I levelled most of our toons this way; one invasion usually equals about one level. Try to do Val'Sharah for gear/exp; it's really closely packed, neat and the only area that awards an ilvl 800 item without having to run a dungeon at the end.

Only downside to leveling via Invasions is the lack of appropriate gear. You might get lucky and get Dauntless Tokens though, so that's a plus again.

Deleted
    As other suggested:

1) Legion Invasion Points are the best
    2) Heirloom %xp boost is huge
    3) Do questlines until friendly and then move to another area (this is ok when you have Heirlooms & Legion Invasion Points done)
    4) Do not forget the Class Order Hall missions that give you XP!

Its already fast and trivial.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    Just curious if there is. Want to get all my alts to 110 asap. Besides doing quests and occasional dungeons, any "fast" way to get to 110 from 100?
    100 to 110 in 7hr 42min played... 5 invasions.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow...did they buff it? I know my rogue did some invasions while levelling, but I don't remember that crazy XP o_O
    if your crazy, i hit 100 with 10 mins left on a 300% exp potion, full BOA, and had 45 mins left on the 20% exp.

i got about 450k exp from one invasion point world quest at lvl 100.

i didnt finish the second one before the 300% exp pot dropped.

i know u cant use them after lvl 99. but i didnt think if you still had it on you, the buff would work.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

This is what I do:

Invasions
    Unlock all artifacts
    Complete the first half of the Order Hall campaign 103-105
    Profession quests every 2 levels (100-102-104-106-108)

Doing this I get every character to level 110 in 10-11 invasions and it does not consume a lot of time

All of this without heirlooms, I guess that with them you can do it in 6-7 invasions
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2017-08-04 at 07:09 AM.

One invasion quest gives you ~ 60k XP and some of them have the bonus to give you additional XP bringing it to ~ 90-100k. Most invasions have 2 or 3 of them so at least every invasion gives you 75% of a level, sometimes more. But invasions can be really tedious if you're doing them alone, there are some really really annoying quests for low level chars (but still doable). Leveled 5 alts to 110 in the last weeks with invasions (and questing). Usually took me 2-3 days from 100-110.

Invasions. It takes like 12 of them I think. I did this on the 8 alts i hadn't leveled yet over 3 weeks

Invasions BY FAR!!

If you are lucky you will get an invasion where nearly all of them offer extra XP and what with looms its seriously OP!

Its been a absolute boon for us altaholics who cant be arsed to level through the zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Wow...did they buff it? I know my rogue did some invasions while levelling, but I don't remember that crazy XP o_O
    I did have full heirlooms which probably helped.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

- Heirlooms
    - rested
    - invasions
    - leeching

That's my route. Since heirlooms are a bit lower (ilvl wise) than green drops it may be tad annoying to do all 6 quests by yourself. Those gold elites eliminating quests are the best - lots of people swarming helps much. Progress quests that involve killing are worse. Mobs have lots of HP and can deliver quite a punch while your HP drops quickly and you cannot provide enough DPS. Well, certain classes perform better than others but in general pick your targets carefully. But there are progress quests that are dumb easy: destroying crystals + final mob kil in Val'Sharah - doable while flying, stopping corruption effort (same zone) when it takes just 10 horsies to rescue. Similar in Azsuna (saving blue drakes), they respawn quicker than mobs so its easy to spot unguarded ones. Killing 6 demons + large infernal in Azsuna is easy. Other zones have similar easy quests. For the rest try to AOE tag while others do the job. I know, leeching at it's best but when I struggle to survive 1 on 1 on my lvl 102 I see 110s taking 8+ at a atime. For them it's no effort and one good AoE adds to your progress. I count level per invasion, taking under consideration I don't always do all 6 quests due to difficulty (no one around to help, other faction tagging, me being too weak/it takes too much time).

Later 2 invasions + scenario for nethershards and you can fully 850 yourself and you can "repay" leeching taking multiple invasion mobs so other low lvl alts can progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    100 to 110 in 7hr 42min played... 5 invasions.
    Or, if you don't wish to wait for invasions.

Full rested
    + Full heirlooms
    + 1 zone
    + 1-2 invasion
    = 110
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Or, if you don't wish to wait for invasions.

Full rested
    + Full heirlooms
    + 1 zone
    + 1-2 invasion
    = 110
    I have 11 other toons, so I wasn't really in a hurry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I have 11 other toons, so I wasn't really in a hurry.
    Nor am I, but I level so much anyways. Got 48 characters available out of 140, since my two other accounts are frozen. Hehe.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

get heirlooms and do teh quests

Hey, returning player here and I just dinged 99 last night and also got my Artifact weapon. Since I need to level to 110 and this is my first toon I'm kinda lost when you refer to an "Invasion", I only remember doing one round of quests at the start of Legion ending with Vol'jin dying and Sylvanas becoming the Warchief. (Is this one of the Invasions or just the intro quest line to Legion?)

After that I ended up in the Rogue Class hall which led me to the Artifact quest line and I ended up getting the Dreadblades (I'm outlaw).

So, how do I do one of these Invasions please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Leenaleena View Post
    Rested EXP and Invasions. You can level more than one at a time, just stick them into Dalaran to soak up rested EXP and quickly do Invasions when they pop up. A friend and I levelled most of our toons this way; one invasion usually equals about one level. Try to do Val'Sharah for gear/exp; it's really closely packed, neat and the only area that awards an ilvl 800 item without having to run a dungeon at the end.

Only downside to leveling via Invasions is the lack of appropriate gear. You might get lucky and get Dauntless Tokens though, so that's a plus again.
    This 100%.

The lack of gear is pretty minor while leveling too as these areas are almost always populated with other players so it's easy to just get a hit or two in and let the 110s burn the mobs down in a second or two.