Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've alway been wondering: how do the Titans first came to be?

if One titan needs to be nurtured to came alive with the help of the other Titans, then how do the first of them were born?

One can say the first titan was born naturally which could be weird since all the pantheon seems bent on finding other world souls to awaken them.

Many questions arise then :

1- How the void lord did not manage to successfully corrupt a world soul before any titan was born? they had no resistance, no burning legion or Titans yet.
    2 - If the void lords can corrupt a world souls and turn it into a void titan then... Can the light ( the naaru ? ) do the same thing?
    3- If the light ( the naaru? ), like the void lords, can infect a planet with their creation and make a world soul awake, did the light awoke the first titan?
    4- If the Light is Elune, then the pantheon can be serving ( willingly or unwillingly ) her too, and spread the light across the universe like the void lords want to spread the void?

The plot thickens....

Titans don't have to be nurtured. The Pantheon just wanted to speed up the process so they could be less ronery.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Eonar is on a planet called Elunaria. What's the deal with that.
    That does throw a cat amongst the pigeons with that one.
    It would be kind of funny if in fact Eonar was hiding on the Moon. Would be interesting and probably make 20 more questions pop up but as of yet we still don't know what Elune is so right now we are waiting for answers and probably have the same impact as us finding out Azeroth is a nascent Titan.

At least that made people shut up about Azeroth being an Old God.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At least that made people shut up about Azeroth being an Old God.
    Well, it was a pretty good tinfoil theory. Basing it on his name alone was possibly silly but there wasn't exactly much to be known. It's funny how in the last year or two, virtually everything fits together and makes sense.

Still, despite it all, they were on a pretty accurate at it being a higher level of being, just on the wrong side of the war.

We are just experiencing that same dumb problem now with Elune. What's worse is what is happening with Eonar and... the name of the place she is in.

i just wonder what the other inhabitants of elunaria look like? did they name the planet or is it a feral planet and eonar named it in reverence of her goddess?

there's clearly birds on his planet, you can hear them tweeting in the video of it. so it's not barren of life. there might be natives.

what if they look similar to night elves? god i wish blizz would take the time to include shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    I'm still waiting to use the line
    That ain't a moon, that's a giant narru
    "That's no moon. That's a giant Naaru dimensional ship!"

And Eonar soul looks suspiciously like a wisp.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well in the video it is full of titanforged so I am guessing she has several keepers attending to her soul.

How much better and more interesting would the lore be if instead of Magni and his grating accent the one who found Eonar for us had been Freya?
    eh, his accent isn't the issue. it's just that his voice actor really isn't very good... he always says his lines in a way that makes magni sound like he's a young dwarf amazed by everything going on, when he's like what, over 120? maybe more.

i would love if the titanforged tending to her were changed to be natives of elunaria, and they looked incredibly similar to night elves. i like the idea that maybe elune herself saved eonar and brought her soul to elunaria to hide her.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would love if the titanforged tending to her were changed to be natives of elunaria, and they looked incredibly similar to night elves. i like the idea that maybe elune herself saved eonar and brought her soul to elunaria to hide her.
    I feel the Titanforged work better. Having Night Elves there would cause so much confusion for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I feel the Titanforged work better. Having Night Elves there would cause so much confusion for the players.
    no, not night elves, but similar looking to them.

long ears, purple to blue skin, white hair, tall. have maybe the body structure be different, the faces be slightly different. have the transformation give some basic features that elune likes, but have it be unique based on the race it came from too.

no, not night elves, but similar looking to them.

long ears, purple to blue skin, white hair, tall. have maybe the body structure be different, the faces be slightly different. have the transformation give some basic features that elune likes, but have it be unique based on the race it came from too.
    This is Blizzard and one cut scene. They would use existing models, which means Night Elves.

This is Blizzard and one cut scene. They would use existing models, which means Night Elves.
    being resigned and not demanding more world building is what lets them be so lazy.

if we demanded more, they would answer that demand.

being resigned and not demanding more world building is what lets them be so lazy.

if we demanded more, they would answer that demand.
    Blizzard would never, ever use resources to create unique NPC models for one ingame cut scene. That just a cost they could never justify.

Only way to have those unique models made, would be having Elunaria as a playable world in next expansion, so that those models would get some actual use. But since we know next expansion is stuck on Azeroth and Kul'tiras....

Blizzard would never, ever use resources to create unique NPC models for one ingame cut scene. That just a cost they could never justify.

Only way to have those unique models made, would be having Elunaria as a playable world in next expansion, so that those models would get some actual use. But since we know next expansion is stuck on Azeroth and Kul'tiras....
    i figure the npcs there aid us in our defense of eonar, and they could bring some back as army of the light or have them be intrigued by the night elves they meet defending eonar and come back to azeroth with us to meet with tyrande.

it doesn't have to be only one thing.

i would love if we explored elunaria a little more in the future. maybe once shit really ramps up with the void we can go there to defend it again.

Thing is, we are actually assuming Elune is the correct name for the entity in question here. Mu'sha is an alternative name for the same entity really.

We still don't know who Elune really is and actually if she is Elune by actual name ya know? I know it's a little crazy but Elunaria seems really a strange choice especially with Eonar in the mix - We still haven't gone to either of Azeroth's Moon's to know whats on it and so on. Her soul could have been led there purposely to hide because no-one has ventured there, not even the Legion or us really.

Fuck, I did entertain the possibility that Elunaria is one of Azeroth's Moons, I mean a Lunarium is a device for illustrating the motion and phases of the moon.
    Elunaria - Lunarium

But that's probably just as unlikely as Eonar being led to Elunaria purposely.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-04 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Saying "Aquamonkey pointed out" is hilarious by itself given how he quoted that to point out an argument diametrically contrary to yours.

Secondly, I really wanna know which kind of mental gymnastics someone needs to pick "shades" and pretend that those are black holes and freaking celestial objects. I mean, if there's any actual "shades" of such forces in the physical universe these are creatures like Naaru and Voidwalkers. Even Old Gods could be kind of considered such.

None of them know that. They believe that. That's how religions in general work. They're not built on knowledge or hard facts but faith. Faith and conviction is what grants access to the Light. The Tauren believe in the Sun and apply a symbolic meaning to its light in which their world is bathed. Same about Night Elves and the Moon.

Heck, whatever. Aucald's right, this is effectively off-topic and it's not worth discussing anyway.

There's people making such a criminous abuse of fanfiction and headcanon that should be banned permanently from this section. Holy crap.
    First off: The fact that Aquamonkey pointed out something and neither of you realizing why it is correct is funny but can happen sometimes, yet has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
    don't derail the thread again or you will get banned.

Secondly: Belief in WoW is not the same as belief in real life. Don't mix the two together.
    Some believers like those of Elune herself KNOW that she is real - they have faith in her and at the same time they know for a fact she exists.

And lastly: If someone points out something to you you should kindly thank them and not do what you are doing now. you are welcome to be enlightened but I expect better results from you in the future.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by toiletgecko View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/r0nduUI.jpg

So, big glowing moon symbol above her head. Seems like another point leaning toward the new "Elune is Eonar" direction they seem to be going in?
    That would nicely tie up so many loose ends. Storywise, Elune should never have gained the power to create Naaru in the first place - would be better to have her be Eonar - wonder if the devs could solve a problem like this.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2017-08-05 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Secondly: Belief in WoW is not the same as belief in real life. Don't mix the two together.
    Some believers like those of Elune herself KNOW that she is real - they have faith in her and at the same time they know for a fact she exists.
    You're not actually contradicting him there. Try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

That would nicely tie up so many loose ends. Storywise, Elune should never have gained the power to create Naaru in the first place - would be better to have her be Eonar - wonder if the devs could solve a problem like this.
    Except we already know it's from a completely unrelated model and just happened to appear as if it was above her head.

You're not actually contradicting him there. Try harder.
    Re-read what I said and adjust your opinion accordingly.
    - - - Updated - - -

Except we already know it's from a completely unrelated model and just happened to appear as if it was above her head.
    you don't know anything yet, it can still be just as much related even if it's not "right above hear head" but somewhere on the same map.

Re-read what I said and adjust your opinion accordingly.
    Nope, still not contradicting.

you don't know anything yet, it can still be just as much related even if it's not "right above hear head" but somewhere on the same map.
    Yes, we do. The moon is part of an old Titan azeroth globe model that has been around since WotLK. Anybody doing TW this week has a chance of stumbling across one right in front of Loken.