Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Still see ppl doing 250k in 870 gear
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    With the whole 'afk' thing, can you actually be AFK in the raid?

Being deadly serious, can you /afk and not be booted?

Don't you get insta booted for that in PvP?
    You can be AFK in LFR, and you don't get insta booted in PvP either, unless you go full retard and use /afk and/or get <AFK> flag.

When it comes to queueable content, to remove anyone from the party/raid people have to vote-kick a person in question. And even then the vote may not pass Some people feel sorry for afkers or don't care and click "No".
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-08-04 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You can be AFK in LFR, and you don't get insta booted in PvP either.

When it comes to queueable content, to remove anyone from the party/raid people have to vote-kick a person in question. And even then the vote may not pass Some people feel sorry for afkers or don't care and click "No".
    I always thought you did in PvP. Shows how much I do it!

Surely implementing a /afk notifier to kick people would be a helpful tool? Its not hard to move once every 5 minutes in a raid.

May not help people just moving their character a bit at the beginning of a boss fight then going on the internet, but it would also weed out the people who just tag along.

Its a group event after all.

They can't make mechanics where a fuck up will wipe the raid, but even enough personal failures that result in personal death will cause wipes.

Don't think this philosophy is gonna last. Determination 10 runs were never fun to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I always thought you did in PvP. Shows how much I do it!

Surely implementing a /afk notifier to kick people would be a helpful tool? Its not hard to move once every 5 minutes in a raid.

May not help people just moving their character a bit at the beginning of a boss fight then going on the internet, but it would also weed out the people who just tag along.

Its a group event after all.
    It's hard to implement good anti-afk tool because it'll affect only a minority of afkers, people will be casting any spell every 15s/30s/60s while doing something else.

The best solution, kinda, is too tie rewards to one's performance. If you do well, you get stuff, e.g., runes and/or gear, if you suck, you don't get stuff, not even runes

But there's one issue w/ this system, it punishes bads, not casuals, but bads, and the number of bads in any game is enormous. And many of them can't do shit about being bad. Some of them are actually doing their best, but their best performance sucks, compared to others.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Making Raid Finder less like tourist mode is a good step as long as it's accompanied by some systems that take care of trolls, slackers and AFK players.

If not it will largely be a futile step that they'll need to retreat from.
    I feel like it will be futile. It is too easy to troll in a random group. Its too easy to slack/afk when the mindset to do that was there before it got easier.
    If they make it harder they will prbly put something in it to attract higher item level players to go do it weekly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I really don't get the idea behind any level of difficulty in LFR. The items are crap, it's a menu click quickplay option, it's meant to be the easiest difficulty by far - why dwell on the fact that it's easy? Casual players can go for normal/HC runs anytime they want, LFR is perfect for this 20 min brainless content to relax.
    Some people dwell on it because, for some reason, they think that the difficulty of a video game actually means something, actually has some relevance in life. "Yeah well I killed Heroic Lich King! I am a more important and special person than u scrubs in LFR!"

One day its going to occur to some of these people just how much of their lives have been wasted on these 'causes' - and that's going to be a depressing moment for a lot of folks.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Yeah, this won't work.
    Being abale to AFK is a large part of what LFR is about after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Another thread people QQing about LFR.

There was a desire for legacy servers as well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Some people dwell on it because, for some reason, they think that the difficulty of a video game actually means something, actually has some relevance in life. "Yeah well I killed Heroic Lich King! I am a more important and special person than u scrubs in LFR!"

One day its going to occur to some of these people just how much of their lives have been wasted on these 'causes' - and that's going to be a depressing moment for a lot of folks.
    The irony in what you are saying is pretty funny.
    start9

Deleted
    Something has to change at least. LFR is incedible easy but bosses have too much HP for how much damage is done. Right now nobody really is having fun, it is just tedious.

Either go full tourist with NPC's doing most of the damage or make it a lot more like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Glad you agree with me, but thats not exactly what i meant.

The game needs difficult content, like hc or mythic raiding, rated bgs or high m+. It gives you a different form of entertainment than just messing around. Its just like when you play basketball with friends, it might be fun to just throw the bl around, but most people would rather form teams and play a match, with both sides actually trying. Thats what more difficult content is.

What im saying is that in my opinion LFR should really not be thr competitive basketball match here, like some people would like to see it. With so many raiding modes, one should be a simple and stressless experiance where you can mess around, try different things and eat your spaghetti without problem or making other peoples lifes hard. With group finder and well, guilds, you can get the more competitive, basketball match-like content if you want, but lets save one option as a chillout mode without wipes.

Oneshot mechanics that anyone with half a brain cell can avoid (these mechanics shall kill everyone who is afk). No mechanics that can be used by a single player to troll and wipe the raid repeatedly. HP pool of bosses low enough for 3min fights with people who are doing 250k dps in 870 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    You can be AFK in LFR, and you don't get insta booted in PvP either.
    If you type /afk in pvp, (random bgs atleast) you will get insta-kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    If you type /afk in pvp, (random bgs atleast) you will get insta-kicked.
    Who's retarded enough to do so?

Like seriously, I'm doing BGs quite regularly, people just do nothing while maintaining non-afk status.

Deleted
    Wouldn't it be possible to have an integrated tool that would auto-kick afkers (i.e. people tagged as DPS but doing less than X% of the global raid damages) ?

Good. It should have stayed that way after MoP anyway. MoP had the right balance of difficulty.

Deleted
    Other idea : LFR tourist mode is not a problem, as long as it stays a tourist mode.
    No legendaries, no tier sets. Pure story and tourism and would not feel mandatory to some high end raiders who want to go in every optimization path.

well, raiding and even dungeons are a very poor method of storytelling anyway.

they need to have a solo mode for all of these raids and dungeons that pairs you with npcs(your order hall champions) to complete the dungeons and raids, with much more cinematic storytelling within.