Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    I still don't understand why some LFR only players don't jump into normal. With the LFG tool its very easy to get into a group quick and experience the content, and if you're time restricted you just leave when you need to. Normal is very easy on the difficulty scale, and even an undergeared group should be able to do a majority of the bosses with ease.

You probably actually spend more time clearing LFR then you would normal because of the queue times and lack of DPS. The bosses in LFR take much longer to kill since extremely undergeared players are allowed in, and a good chunk are AFK/not trying.

Yes there's plenty of "fast, 910+ groups required" for normal, but I've also seen some groups starting at 880+ that don't mind using appropriate geared players.
    As someone clearing the Balance of Power quest chain on 12 characters, over half of the normal runs I've been in have either failed in Nighthold terribly, or contained extremely aggressive players belittling anyone who is underperforming in a way you don't usually get in LFR.

And when I say underperforming, I mean capable of helping to kill a boss, but not pulling leet DPS above what's required. If a group wipes once, chances are high the group falls apart, or the lower DPS get kicked.

Even normal is a stressful environment for non-serious raiders.

I was mostly just doing LFR and group finder LFD. Then, with the new amount of time I've been having, I considered stepping up to heroic raider level, like I once was.

However, I was quickly reminded of why I didn't like Heroic/Mythic raiding, and am now considering going back down to LFR/LFD, as they were much more fun and convenient. Only now, several of my raider friends will be joining me, so we'll have more time to have fun together, instead of being stressed over raiding and mythic+, they just aren't worth it, and I'm glad that a lot of my friends are realizing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Sadly you are the most catered to type of player.
    Waaaah, waaaah, muh casuals are destroying muh game, waaaah!

Dude, there is a game there for you too, trust me. I raid on the heroic level, I have no problems with the game being mostly tailored towards casual players, because I have my niche in the game. Normal raiders do too. Mythic raiders do too. PvPers do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Actualy game would have far more players than it have now.
    It's pretty obvious you don't have the slightest clue.

MMO championship once in a long while scrubs through armory stats. From MOP the conclusion was

-70% of the population does LFR
    -20% does normal raiding
    -10-5% does Heroic (only 1% of the population killed Heroic Garrosh)

And those #s may be high because they didn't count any player than was not in a guild.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even use LFR. I wait til the next expac, and then solo the 10M version just to see the content and farm the tmogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you're not in the minority and you're certainly not alone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    May I ask why? I played as you do when I first joined in late SoO because my guild had maybe 5 people in it and the realm was dead, but a realm merge gave me access to more interesting content I had no idea about.
    Do you really find satisfaction against bosses where you can't fail?
    Determination buff says otherwise.
    Arrogant assumptions that you "cant fail" as groups do.

What people find satisfaction in cant be judged by what you find sufficiently challenging or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Waaaah, waaaah, muh casuals are destroying muh game, waaaah!

Dude, there is a game there for you too, trust me. I raid on the heroic level, I have no problems with the game being mostly tailored towards casual players, because I have my niche in the game. Normal raiders do too. Mythic raiders do too. PvPers do too.
    Indeed, the game provides options for those who want more.
    Just some are upset that they aren't the sole audience, that the game supports people who aren't them.
    Wish they would get over it.
    Do the so-called "LFR heroes" repeated demand that higher difficulties are removed ?
    No, yet they are the ones being called "entitled" all the time.
    No, those who can't accept that LFR isn't for them, and want to further nerf or remove it are the entitled ones.
    There are difficulties not for every player, some higher, some lower.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-08-04 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I'm with you, add to that some pugging normal or some VERY casually normal raiding with my very casual guild of which I am not even part of the raiding group

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Well you finish game. It saves your time to do something els and play other games so why not? Like whats the point going beyond LFR? For better rewards what will be absolote anyway and i can farm them next expansion solo anyway? No thanks waste of my time. Best way to play WoW is wait till all wings open. Sub to game for month and finish all the content. And then you just wait unsubed for new fresh content again. There is literaly no poin bothering with higher difficulty levels. It is same content anyway.
    It's just a case of what I enjoy in the game I guess.
    I also don't buy the "it's the same content" thing.
    There's a few fights where that's the case, but definitely not all of them. I think the place I noticed it most was in Hellfire Assault oddly enough. The fight makes much more sense on Mythic because you can see the vehicles in the arena starting up and attacking you. Rather than the arena just being wiped after the fight ends, it organically empties because that's how the fight works.
    Conversely, fights in LFR have been gutted particularly hard this tier. The maiden of vigilance is an important part of the avatar fight, and she's gone.
    It also doesn't contain the Desolate Host in the Desolate Host encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Determination buff says otherwise.
    Arrogant assumptions that you "cant fail" as groups do.

What people find satisfaction in cant be judged by what you find sufficiently challenging or not.
    That's fair. I'll admit I haven't done much LFR in a while, but I honestly don't think I've seen a wipe since Legion dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    ..but I was wondering if there are others that play the game like I do?

LFR is my end game. I never do any mythic dungeons and just depend on LFD to get groups for dungeons I have to complete for quests like my class campaign.

I do have 3 legendaries on my main and my ilevel is 897. I am waiting for 7.3 to push that up over 900.

I would love to know if there other extreme casuals around..
    Why do you even play though? How is the game fun when there is no challenge?
    Not saying you're doing anything wrong or anything like that I simply don't get how doing practically nothing at all is fun.

You are the majority. The vocal peeps on the forums are the minority

You're in the majority, which is why the game is next to dead. Ty for the contributing for the downfall of what was arguably the best game ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    MMO championship once in a long while scrubs through armory stats. From MOP the conclusion was

-70% of the population does LFR
    -20% does normal raiding
    -10-5% does Heroic (only 1% of the population killed Heroic Garrosh)

And those #s may be high because they didn't count any player than was not in a guild.
    These stats are pointless however. The players that do normal and HC jump into LFR as well. Not becuase they like it however.

If you could only do one of thoes every week you'd get better stats but this does not mean that 70% of all players prefer LFR.
    The game would probably be better off without LFR, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    It's just a case of what I enjoy in the game I guess.
    I also don't buy the "it's the same content" thing.
    There's a few fights where that's the case, but definitely not all of them. I think the place I noticed it most was in Hellfire Assault oddly enough. The fight makes much more sense on Mythic because you can see the vehicles in the arena starting up and attacking you. Rather than the arena just being wiped after the fight ends, it organically empties because that's how the fight works.
    Conversely, fights in LFR have been gutted particularly hard this tier. The maiden of vigilance is an important part of the avatar fight, and she's gone.
    It also doesn't contain the Desolate Host in the Desolate Host encounter.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fair. I'll admit I haven't done much LFR in a while, but I honestly don't think I've seen a wipe since Legion dropped.
    Lack of failures does not mean unable to.
    Groups do fail even in content deemed "easy".
    For varying reasons.

The problem is that LFR is for reasons aimed at a lack of experience, and not just in raid content but in general.
    A big part of that is a community problem, rushing through content with random people simply because that is what YOU want, quick rewards.
    That doesn't get people experience in the gameplay sense, when they are doing very little of it.
    They aren't making mistakes, they aren't picking themselves up and looking at what they did wrong.
    Because someone is denying the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    These stats are pointless however. The players that do normal and HC jump into LFR as well. Not becuase they like it however.

If you could only do one of thoes every week you'd get better stats but this does not mean that 70% of all players prefer LFR.
    And people in Mythic would also run heroic or normal for exactly the same reason.
    That isnt a problem with LFR, simple as that.
    Its a player problem, taking every opportunity for progression and then complaining about it.
    Hence the AP "grind", because it is there - you do it, and then it is someone else's fault.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-08-04 at 05:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Like someone said already, you can stay casual and go up the difficulty, you dont have to but you could find yourself enjoying it. I play about 7 hours a week, 2 raid nights of 3 hours. One night is normal clear, other is heroic progress, later during the tier, its mythic progress + heroic clear. The extra hour is to do the missions etc for free AP.

These stats are pointless however.
    The stats were aggregating 'highest level of raiding completed'. The stats were properly aggregated.

10+ Year Old Account

Assume that everyone doing higher tier content also does the lesser tier content for easy rewards. They aren't the exception when that style of play is in the majority for "raiders", and we all know that anyone that clears normal and puts a toe in on heroic calls themselves a "raider" and parrots the top end in every regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    You're in the majority, which is why the game is next to dead. Ty for the contributing for the downfall of what was arguably the best game ever made.

You mean the game is going to shit thanks to your vocal minority making it so a single aspect of the game is given attention, right? You and your silly typos.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    You mean the game is going to shit thanks to your vocal minority making it so a single aspect of the game is given attention, right? You and your silly typos.
    The vocal minority cares about the game, that's why they're vocal...