Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Time To Boycott McDonalds

Today was the last straw and I have officially added McDonalds to my boycott list. I demand they either increase the quality of staff to make the food properly, or lower their prices. At almost $9.00 for a large Big Mac meal their prices are very close to what you would pay for a cooked to order higher quality (and more substantial meat patty) burger and fries at a diner or pub. The only reason anyone eats at McDonalds is speed. Here are a list of things that happen no matter which McDonalds Ive gone to, that continue even after repeated complaints to management.

Drive Thru is the priority. They couldnt care less about the people inside, as long as they meet that drive thru time goal, often cheating the clock by parking people after they order as well

Undercooking/not cooking food properly in order to rush people through the drive thru or to get them out of the lobby

Putting full to the top baskets of fries and chicken nuggets in the deep fryer which causes them to not cook properly because they are all crammed in. Regulations require baskets to be no more than 30% full. The workers are lazy and dont want to be constantly manning the fryers.

Pulling fries up 20 to 30 seconds early which makes them floppy and not golden brown. (same goes for hash browns in the morning)

Being skimpy on sauces and condiments (when you squeeze a burger the sauces should drip out the sides. You shouldnt have to take off the top bun and wonder where the ketchup is, nor would any normal person be able to use 2 packets of ketchup for an entire large order of fries, or 1 sauce cup for 6 nuggets and be satisfied.

Giving you 1 napkin if you use the drive through. Who in the hell can eat an entire meal using just one napkin???

And their biggest offense - Leaving the damn cheese exposed to air all day!!!!! This cause the edges/corners to dry out and become nasty. The lazy asses cant even take the time to cover the cheese each time they pull a slice out of the bin

And lastly, I have written an email to corporate twice a week for the last 2 years requesting McDonalds switch to round cheese as square cheese causes my OCD to flare. The bun is round, the burger is round, why in the hell cant the cheese be round too!!

Am I the only one that is outraged by these things? People need to stop eating at MCDonalds to force them to change!

Unemployment is almost at 4%, what kind of people do you think they can get to work at McDonalds?

We need to import more immigrants.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I wasn't planning on going to donalds, as I haven't for ages, but if Orlong says it's to be boycotted, it must be a great place. I'll be sure to go next Wednesday and Friday.

Also, all of the complaining seems to be America only issues. But that's what you get for not paying employees nearly anything.
    Last edited by Azadina; 2017-08-04 at 05:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not an issue in Denmark. Then again only White people to hire here.

Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-08-05 at 06:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I boycotted them a long time ago. Remember the Olympics in London? They didnt alow other vendors on campus grounds to serve french fries among other things. I found that to be disgusting behavior and I haven't been back.

But then again I eat fast food once or twice per year.

7+ Year Old Account
    ~30 years ahead of you.

...and, $9 for a big mac? WTF is the matter with people.

Making many of those points, and then by your own admission "going ocd" over the shape of the cheese slices makes you seem rather petty when you might have had some good points otherwise.
    There might have been better, more constructive discussion there, at least if you weren't hellbent on a boycott rather than a discussion of food preparation and storage practices.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I stand with you lord orlong.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why they want to replace all their employees with robots. Robots don't get lazy. Robots don't make mistakes. Robots don't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Not an issue in Denmark. Then again only White people to hire here.
    Chill on the racism bro.

I applaud your constitution for being able to handle the swill McDs serves these days and passes them off as food. I used to get the rolling shits everytime ive been there to the point I stopped going totally. All the chain fast good places have gotten super chintzy so its not just a McDs thing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Am I the only one that is outraged by these things?
    Outraged? Not at all. Entertained that you got bad service on repeated visits to an establishment, and continued to go back? Absolutely.

I'm waiting for Orlong to call for McDonald's to be banned outright...

I'll bet anything he goes back, and he won't boycott. If someone whines for two straight years about something, yet continues to patronize a place, he's not changing his routine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I have noticed that every McDonalds I've frequented in the past year has continually increased their service time. But that could be due to them trying to cater to every want and expanding the menu. Idiots asking for "fries with no salt" slow down the entire process. When people suggest these yahoos deserve a $15 minimum wage, I just chuckle. The sooner we automate these tasks, the sooner I won't have to worry about the high school drop out fucking up my order and forgetting to give me the dressing to go with my salad.
    They order no salt because the odds are good they will be hot, and that they will get extra fries, then some add their own salt after in the amount they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This is why they want to replace all their employees with robots. Robots don't get lazy. Robots don't make mistakes. Robots don't complain.
    Robots show no mercy.

So you got bad service from one Mickie D's location, and now you're asking MMO-C to be your personal army?

Nope. Ain't gonna do it! Man up!
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-04 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Don't fake infractions

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Chill on the racism bro.
    You're right. I'm sure the Chinese, Korean and Japanese McDonald's are good as well.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    you went to a McD's expecting quality? That's like going to applebee's and expecting your food to be edible.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I wasn't planning on going to donalds, as I haven't for ages, but if Orlong says it's to be boycotted, it must be a great place. I'll be sure to go next Wednesday and Friday.

Also, all of the complaining seems to be America only issues. But that's what you get for not paying employees nearly anything.
    You have a good point there! I haven't eaten there in years myself either, but I think I'll go and have a meal there JUST because Orlong wants a boycott of it. Thanks for the idea ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    I have noticed that every McDonalds I've frequented in the past year has continually increased their service time. But that could be due to them trying to cater to every want and expanding the menu. Idiots asking for "fries with no salt" slow down the entire process. When people suggest these yahoos deserve a $15 minimum wage, I just chuckle. The sooner we automate these tasks, the sooner I won't have to worry about the high school drop out fucking up my order and forgetting to give me the dressing to go with my salad.
    Yeah, if things were to go the right way the highschooler would have never had to drop out, due to an education system that actually gives a fuck and will be on universal income because the robot that took his job is paying taxes.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.