Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Also, I find the notion of anybody's life being ruined over a "false accusation" hilarious.

We have actual, proven rapists winning Oscars.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I find it indeed concerning how cavalier so many of you guys are about rape.

This forum pushes the false rape accusation myth a lot. This puts a lot of women in danger.

Also makes me question the motives here. Not accusing anybody of anything here, but...

What video showed her giving consent while sex was in motion?
    The video of her pulling him along shows she consented up to that point. We do not know what happened int he room, so to say "Poor girl" is a comment that is based on ignorance. Now, if you know something that everyone else does not, feel free to share it. Until then, you are doing the exact same thing you complained that the other poster did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Judge overstepped quite clearly in my opinion, but then judges often do.
    I guess you understand the law better than the judge, and everyone else... got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaikar View Post
    Could not agree with this post more.
    I usually expect better from Connal. State of mind is a legal concept. Not sure why the big mystery here.

Dentist performs root canal on me, forgot his paperwork. Under the effects of the nitrous, gets me to sign the consent forms. According to you lot, that's now a legally binding document.

Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    (Unless you identify as a feline.)
    How'd ya know?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I find the notion of anybody's life being ruined over a "false accusation" hilarious.
    and have others being fired from their job before a trail could even take place

Rape is a felony. Same with murder. Even when proven innocent people still gonna look at you funny
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    The court in People v. Giardino (2000) 82 Cal.App.4th 454 set forth the law concerning rape of an intoxicated woman. In analyzing Penal Code Section 261(a)(3), the court laid out two central foundations:

1) When interpreting the phrase “prevented from resisting,” the jury must determine whether, as a result of intoxication, the victim lacked the legal capacity to give valid consent based on a reasonable and informed use of judgment.

2) “In deciding whether the level of the victim’s intoxication deprived the victim of legal capacity to give consent, the jury must consider all of the circumstances, including the victim’s age and maturity.”

In short, a case involving the alleged rape of an intoxicated woman requires a determination of whether her intoxication prevented her from exercising reasonable judgment and a consideration of all the circumstances to determine whether the victim’s mental impairment was so great that it deprived the victim of the ability to exercise reasonable judgment – merely being “tipsy” is not enough.
    So, it's completely subjective based purely on drunkenness, thanks for agreeing with me. Simply being drunk does not prevent consent. I'll go ahead and side with the judge on this one. Let me know if she wins on appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I guess you understand the law better than the judge, and everyone else... got it.
    Yeah, just like President Trump can do no wrong just because he's president.

The office confers no authority. Authority derives from the law itself.

Yeah, you tried to claim that being able to walk showed she could consent. You were embarrassingly wrong. Thanks for bowing out from the shame of it.

let me know how this case turns out on appeal.

let me know how this case turns out on appeal.
    How the case turns out has no bearing on your claim that walking exhibits ability to consent. Hurry up and hide before your face gets any redder.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    As for consent, if being drunk precludes responsibility, than by extension drunk driving should not exist... the person that was drunk was not "responsible", so should not be charged with drunk driving.
    hell can even apply that to drunk rape

"Yeah I raped her, but I was wasted so lolz'
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

How the case turns out has no bearing on your claim that walking exhibits ability to consent. Hurry up and hide before your face gets any redder.
    It has plenty of bearing. I have a real life example of me being proven correct.

Not really. If there was no physical evidence he should of course walk. That is how the justice system works.

(Although, there are important questions: Was there a rape kit? Were there bruisings inside her? Blood tests?)

Hoooowever, given how far more likely it is that he did indeed rape her means that it si prudent for other students to socially shun him and warn all women of the danger that he poses.

What video showed her giving consent while sex was in motion?
    The video gives plenty of reasonable doubt that she knew damn well what she was doing regardless of what happened in the room. This was the right decision, he's not guilty.

Hoooowever, given how far more likely it is that he killed 30 students in that school, even though we have no idea on who the suspect is, or if there even WAS a school shooting to begin with, means that it si prudent for other students to kill him on sight because of the danger that he poses.
    Makes perfect sense, alright.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-04 at 09:07 PM. Reason: don't make up fake infractions

If you extend the logic, fine, sure. But you are painting one sex as (mentally) weaker than another, which bugs me...

If men are "raped" if they have sex when drunk, I could accept the logic in context. But only applying it to women reeks, to me, of misogyny. It is the bigotry of low expectations. It is wrong.

As for consent, if being drunk precludes responsibility, than by extension drunk driving should not exist... the person that was drunk was not "responsible", so should not be charged with drunk driving.
    You're charged due to reckless and negligent behavior, i.e. becoming drunk to the point that you can't make reasonable decisions, and all crimes you commit because of that recklessness are then also your responsibility.

I'm not sure where you're getting your understand of a DUI charge, but its wrong.

If you extend the logic, fine, sure. But you are painting one sex as (mentally) weaker than another, which bugs me...

If men are "raped" if they have sex when drunk, I could accept the logic in context. But only applying it to women reeks, to me, of misogyny. It is the bigotry of low expectations. It is wrong.

Men can be raped but that's most often by other men and not by women. Men are the ones responsible for the majority of rapes. Men are the ones preying on people in most cases. A woman raping men is exceedingly rare.

It has plenty of bearing. I have a real life example of me being proven correct.
    Her ability to walk is not why the man in this case wasn't charged. Get a grip on how foolish you're making yourself in order to cover up your other foolish claims.

Gentlemen,
    IMAGINE if every time you had lawful consented sex with a stranger, the next day you go to the hospital (for intoxication report) and the police and say "oh I woke up next to an unknown woman, i was too drunk I don't remember her, or what happened, but I think I was raped" Then proceed to give vague information about that person and the location.
    Imagine if outside the hotel, you give her the money to book the room claiming you have to make a stop to toilet or make a quick phone call. The hotel guy would testify she booked the room. That way if that women falsely accused you, you would also claim you were raped. (and you would have the hotel guys testimony and the hospital report, and the police statement, to back your claim)

Anyway, DON'T DO THIS, it is imaginary scenario to be saved from false accusation situations. I am not advising anyone to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're charged due to reckless and negligent behavior, i.e. becoming drunk to the point that you can't make reasonable decisions, and all crimes you commit because of that recklessness are then also your responsibility.

I'm not sure where you're getting your understand of a DUI charge, but its wrong.
    You might want to stop, every time you type, the only thing we can hear is "woooosssshhhhhhh" over your head. You're wrong, have been wrong since your first post, and no attempt to sound smart is going to make you smart.

You must be new here @ MMOC. /facepalm