Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    It is a he said, she said situation. And given rape being far more common it is prudent to believe her instead of him and act accordingly. Why should I believe him?
    We have video evidence to back his claims. It's not simply a he said, she said issue. His claims have been substantiated far more than hers.

We do not know what happened in her room, so to make assumptions is showing how big of a fucking hypocrite you are.

Why should you believe him? You shouldn't.

Why should you believe her? You shouldn't.

Stick to the actual evidence, which you are not doing. Instead, you want to be a hypocrite.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Legally he is not guilty. Does not mean there shouldn't be social consequences.
    if courts cant prove something what the hell would ordinary people know
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    There absolutely shouldn't be consequences. Any consequences imposed on this man go against the rule of law. They're likely based on faulty assumptions and bad logic.
    What rule of law is being violated?

Legally he is not guilty. Does not mean there shouldn't be social consequences.

OJ Simpson is legally not guilty of murder. Still wouldn't want to be alone with him.
    Then you have justified social consequences for any woman who ever accuses a man of rape, and he is not convicted. So, if we all decided to call her a lying whore, we would be doing the exact same thing you are doing. Didn't you complain when others did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    if courts cant prove something what the hell would ordinary people know
    Courts are very rigid in application of the law though. You can have someone commit a crime on CCTV but have them walk free because the quality of the image wasn't good enough, whereas normal people would think it's enough.

What rule of law is being violated?
    So, you think it's fine for everyone to call her a lying whore, socially ostracize her, and accuse her of lying about rape? After all, what rule of law would be violated?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    I usually expect better from Connal. State of mind is a legal concept. Not sure why the big mystery here.

Dentist performs root canal on me, forgot his paperwork. Under the effects of the nitrous, gets me to sign the consent forms. According to you lot, that's now a legally binding document.

Or is it?
    Well that is a little different lets be honest here. I would not sign paperwork if I was on anything from a health care provider without reading it. (Don't need to be financially destroyed). Also there is no consent paperwork, give it a few years there will be I will put at least a $1 on that. You will have to sign before , during and sign after stating there was consent from both parties the whole way through. While I like your attempt to get a response from me, you are attempting to compare apples and oranges.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Gentlemen, and I use the term loosely, this isn't a tough nut to crack.

If a woman is under the influence, she cannot consent.

If she is unknown to you, you would be esp. foolish to move forward to sex.

Judge in this case seems to think he's god. His opinions about video footage seems to fly in the face of the uncontroverted assertion that the woman was drunk and could not therefore consent. Behaving inappropriately while drunk is fairly common and doesn't somehow give her the ability to grant consent if a drunk woman cannot consent.

Yet again, I don't understand social norms better post on MMO-Champ...
    Regret is not rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    A woman can do a lot of things to a man besides being penetrated. And in either case that is irrelevant. Both parties agreed to sexual intercourse, in both cases. If one party cannot consent because they are drunk, the second party should be extended the same treatment. Otherwise one party is being treated more favorably. (or seen as less than because they are a female, so are not as willed enough to control themselves)

If we are talking about equality, that would be equal treatment. Anything else is wrong.
    Equal treatment would be to take into account the biological differences, which you want to ignore.

Also, there would be no sex happening if both were too drunk to consent as they'd be too shitfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then you have justified social consequences for any woman who ever accuses a man of rape, and he is not convicted. So, if we all decided to call her a lying whore, we would be doing the exact same thing you are doing. Didn't you complain when others did that.
    Not really. Again, rape more likely. So believing women is prudent.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    And in my mind, that is due to people seeing women as somehow mentally "weaker" than men.
    The inability to consent while intoxicated is not a sex related issue, that is to say the "gender" of the person thusly impaired is irrelevant.

Which is why I stated my hypo as I did. Gender is irrelevant. Documents signed while under nitrous aren't legally binding.

Now let's say he forced me to fellate him or copped feels off me. Does the nitrous somehow exonerate him? Sure, I seemed to consent. I didn't object to anything done to me or asked of me while under the effects of the nitrous.

That's what some of you are arguing. It's appalling.
    Last edited by Louisa Bannon; 2017-08-04 at 06:10 PM.

Not really. Again, rape more likely. So believing women is prudent.
    You complained when others did the exact same thing you support. That makes you a proven hypocrite. Keep going.

You complained when others did the exact same thing you support. That makes you a proven hypocrite. Keep going.
    I mean, you can go call rape victims lying whores all you want. Would make you a horrible person, though.

I mean, you can go call rape victims lying whores all you want. Would make you a horrible person, though.
    So? You still don't know what happened in the room. That poor guy.

You just admitted to being a horrible person, I love it.

this isn't about rape
    its about about drunken sex
    TIL: Rape is not rape because if you just call it drunken sex then that makes it not rape.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Also, there would be no sex happening if both were too drunk to consent as they'd be too shitfaced.
    college proves otherwise
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I'm not the justice system. I have no legal obligation to think him innocent.
    Then this is as good as an admission of not making any sense whatsoever.

college proves otherwise
    College doesn't prove otherwise at all. If you're both so shitfaced that you can't consent then sex isn't happening as you both are too drunk for even engaging in it.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    TIL: Rape is not rape because if you just call it drunken sex then that makes it not rape.
    yeah but thats the argument going around here

Any form of alcohol, specifically involving a female, automatically makes it rape

So? You still don't know what happened in the room. That poor guy.

You just admitted to being a horrible person, I love it.
    I am concerned with a potential predator who could target other women in the future. That makes me horrible?