Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Just wear shades all day
    QFT, just wear shades it is that simple lol.

That said, while it might be sexual harassment I don't think that "staring" should ever be punishable. If someone is following you then you can go with stalking but if they are just sitting and staring then ignore them or if it really bothers you leave the area. The world isn't a "safe place" so deal with the minor issues like this by growing some thick skin and ignoring the minor stuff >_>

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    holy shit i've never seen a more pathetic attempt of a guy who has no luck with women to try to get laid on an online forum, here's my award, with your 15000 posts i'm sure you spend your day drenched in pussy left and right.
    The fact that you can only view being respectful to women as an avenue to have sex with them says a LOT about you and your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't get this. Those three "most prevalent forms of harassment" I find hard to understand how people get offended by them. Hell I kind of just admire their honesty in some aspects. People making jokes are either just making jokes or there is obviously some truth to what they say and in my own experience the worst thing you can do is twist it into an ordeal. I'm an open book so people can ask me whatever the flip they want and I'll be glad to answer. It's irritating how I have to stop myself so much in life because I know how sensitive people get about this stuff. In my experience it's always men. I don't go around being blatant and overt myself, but I just don't get why people are so offended and uncomfortable about it. I mean I get why people are offended and obviously things can be taken to a real extreme, but seriously just stop letting it get to you or confront the problem head on. Communication and honesty.

Credit to Eronote.
    Credit to Shiri for Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    The fact that you can only view being respectful to women as an avenue to have sex with them says a LOT about you and your character.
    You left a tiiiiiiiiiny detail out of that equation. This isn't about being respectful to women in general; this is about being respectful to women on the internet. And the reality is that most guys will do that in a desperate attempt to get the girl's attention. Sure, it's low, but it happens. A lot. Thanks to the shield of anonymity.

This is such a wonderful and terrible time to be alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post

Yes, you're allowed. Looking and staring is fine. It's when you start to stare/leer suggestively and inappropriately that it can be sexual harassment.

This could apply to any interpersonal communication. You are really giving the reflexive anti-feminist troglodytes ammunition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    To be honest being respectful toward women is a terrible way to have sex with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    People are becoming more and more sensetive. This man is staring at me! I should sue him for sexual harrasement
    Imagine if they decide they want to start driving!

This video says it all!!

I win this agreement. Muhahahaha!!!

Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That does not apply to American sexual harassment laws for workplaces and schools.
    Sure it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    What was the guy thinking when he saw your gf? Did he do it multiple times? Was it more likely some random guys notices an exhibitionist woman and it gives him a moments pause?

Bolded for hilarity. You sound like the weird one.
    Well you sir get the F- lol weird or not, he's actually pretty correct from a psychological POV, its not a concious thought process but still does happen lol
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Sure it does.
    There have been many rulings where simply attempting to make people uncomfortable is considered sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There have been many rulings where simply attempting to make people uncomfortable is considered sexual harassment.
    You're going to have to prove this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I did a hidden cam experiment the other day and caught women staring at my cock and body with a tight t-shirt on, repeatedly.

This is called HUMAN FUCKING NATURE. Don't expect me to go "well good afternoon madam, would you like to discuss the economical state of affairs in Asia over coffee with me?" when you're dressed like this (too bad you can't see the front part too):

Hmm if those were any shorter, she'd be wearing nothing.....

This is the thing that makes the topic look Hypocritical, Women like this for the very reason it attracts attention ... and then complain about the attention, if you don't want people gawking at your attractive attributes .... do something about it, and the only person who can is you ... pure and simple. Wear more modest clothes and your problems solved. But if you think you have the figure for it, wearing er incredibly short shorts and a top that almost has your boobs hanging out or looks like your wearing spandex, IS going to have people staring at you ain't going to beat human nature.
    Last edited by Shakari; 2017-08-04 at 07:06 PM.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    This video says it all!!

Your welcome.
    I mean, I'm gay and even I was staring at their tits half the time.

OT there tend to be a significant amount of elderly women at my gym and they aren't shy about their eyes wandering when I get out of the pool ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I've clearly been raped, someone please hold me .

The whole concept of rape is just so baffling as far as 3rd-wave feminists are concerned. As a whole on an everyday basis as adults I don't think it has pervaded quite as much as it is publicized but there is a definite increase in previously prestigious institutes. They really trivialize how horrific actual rape is and I could tell them horror stories of what it feels like.

Hopefully the voice of reason drowns out this sort of nonsense.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

The thing is, when it comes about these matters...

If the woman was your wife/daughter/mother/sister would you be pissed of?

If yes, then probably it is sexual harassment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    This video says it all!!

Your welcome.
    "There's times i wanna be taken seriously

Those times im not wearing this shirt"

Incoming rage about slutshaming

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    Staring can be sexual harassment, for an example, one night my girlfriend was walking out of our bedroom nearly naked to go bathroom, and she saw this one weirdo standing staring from window. The weirdo didn't even move, he just kept staring. He most likely were there to see our cats, but anyway, fucking weirdo. And think what it would feel like if you knew someone would be watching you in public like he or she was imagining you naked.
    So this weirdo was outside your home, looking in through a window, staring at your gf?

Dude, that is an actual crime. Peeping (while likely just a misdemeanor) can get that weirdo arrested. I think that goes a bit beyond just "sexual harassment". From what I can understand of the OP's post/quote about the study or whatever is that they felt that random staring is public is considered sexual harassment.

Aside from the obvious argument that someone staring at your breasts/whatever from a nearby distance is likely a creep, and the argument that how can one determine if it is sexual (I've "stared" at a woman's chest a few times because I was trying to read what was on her shirt, which is not always easy if it is a semi-loose fitting shirt, which certainly wasn't sexual), there is also the question, how far away do you have to be before it is no longer "staring" and just "gazing in a general direction"? Can someone call "sexual harassment" because I am looking out a wall of windows and she happens to be sitting in a chair near those windows, even if she cannot prove I was actually looking at her? I mean, staring would need to be very close, very specific and very intentional, imo, to be included in sexual harassment. Then again, that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I mean, I'm gay and even I was staring at their tits half the time.
    "That means you're not gay, but rather a shitlord. Thought you could get a pass using the gay card? Check your privilege, hetero cis-scum!"

:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    "That means you're not gay, but rather a shitlord. Thought you could get a pass using the gay card? Check your privilege, hetero cis-scum!"

:P
    It's kind of telling that I have to deliberately adopt a bit of a "gay voice" when I want to give a girl a compliment. The times I didn't didn't work out so well sometimes .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)