10+ Year Old Account

Finally Killed Heroic KJ

So my guild and I finally killed Heroic KJ, and while I know that is not an accomplishment at all to several of the forum posters on this website, it was a pretty good feeling for me and my guild.

Why was it a good feeling?

1) it was an accomplishment. We set out to complete a goal, and we did it, in a relatively short amount of time considering the circumstances of our guild.

To put it in perspective, our guild raids 3 hours a week, 1 night a week, and one of the weeks since ToS was released, we did not raid due to roster issues (people being gone on vacation). There have been 7 weeks of ToS raiding availability so far. We have raided 6 of those weeks for 3 hours each week. So total we have raided 18 hours in ToS since release. That being said, in order for us to properly get attempts in on KJ, we have to had cleared the rest of the raid in a short amount of time. Yes, we could lock the raid id, but we just didn't want to do that as people were still needing stuff from other bosses. So in all, it took our guild about 2.5 hours in total of learning on KJ to down him, which is particularly impressive when several (the majority) of our players had not fought KJ before as we like to only raid in heroic when new raids come out.

2) The learning curve was extremely short compared to other heroic end bosses, especially compared to several other guilds on our realm.

We are realm 13 or 14 in heroic KJ kills. We jumped 10 positions with our kill last night (we were at 23). At a total of 18 raiding hours since ToS release, i'd say thats pretty good. We would like to do mythic, but we just don't have the roster for it right now, and are not willing to go through the recruitment process to make that happen, and we are fine with it for the time being. Several of us don't have the time to devote to raiding more than we do currently, and heroic suites us just fine.

The Point:

The point to all of this is KJ was a decent fight. Relatively dull in my opinion, lots of damage, decent mechanics, but overall just felt a little underwhelming for an end boss. Also from the looks of the mythic version, not much changed other than timing of mechanics and overall damage and health of the boss. Of course thats not to say it wouldn't be exhilarating to get a mythic kill of KJ after having figured out the timing and preciseness of the fight.

Recommendation for all who are currently on KJ:

Just keep getting attempts in. It took us 27 attempts last night to get it. Remember to make sure everyone is aware of soaking armageddons. If you soak properly on every pull, the only things you gotta worry about is killing mirror images, lining up properly to soak the lazer, and focusing on properly executing the dark phase. After that, you gotta get someone to kite the orbs in phase 3 to the nether tears. Then dead.

Incredible Lord Jaylock, you couldn't be more super.

Grats, only required 923 ilvl.

Deleted
    Felt a little underwhelming? You have 7 resets of gear and your raid team is ilvl 923+ at this point. Of course it's not as challenging as it was designed to be if you actually killed it when it was relevant.

Deleted
    In you spend allmost 2 month on a boss that is suppose to rollover within a few hours, your doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lekiki View Post
    Felt a little underwhelming? You have 7 resets of gear and your raid team is ilvl 923+ at this point. Of course it's not as challenging as it was designed to be if you actually killed it when it was relevant.
    It's designed to also be killed like how his guild did. You're just an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Also from the looks of the mythic version, not much changed other than timing of mechanics and overall damage and health of the boss. Of course thats not to say it wouldn't be exhilarating to get a mythic kill of KJ after having figured out the timing
    Lol. Care to say that to the 7 guilds that have actually cleared Mythic KJ? Its not really a pushover with different timings.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Incredible Lord Jaylock, you couldn't be more super.
    Not saying I'm super

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Grats, only required 923 ilvl.
    Well that's what farming heroic nighthold for months on end does. Our guild was at an average of 910 going into ToS, so yeah after 6 weeks of progression and staggered kills, naturally we are going to increase to 920+.

It's still the latest raid in the game, and hasn't been out that long. Not sure how that qualifies as "not relevant."

To the OP, congrats on the kill!

10+ Year Old Account
    What's your point? I never said I was a cutting edge mythic progression raider who raids for 18 hours a day. I clearly outlined my guilds raid schedule in the OP.

I'd say for ANY guild that isn't competing for world first or even server first, to spend only 18 hours total never before seeing the bosses, I'd say taking 18 hours to progress and kill every boss in a heroic raid is noteworthy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Lol. Care to say that to the 7 guilds that have actually cleared Mythic KJ? Its not really a pushover with different timings.
    I didn't dismiss the fight as hard. I said it looks like not much has changed in terms of the mechanics of the fight. A lot more damage and health on a mythic boss intrinsically makes it harder than it's heroic counterpart.

I mean, grats to you? It's pretty irrelevant and uninspiring. But good job.

Now go back in time, clear Heroic on the first week with relevant gear in 18 hours or less, and then shut up and go progress through Mythic.

Just my thoughts.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    It's still the latest raid in the game, and hasn't been out that long. Not sure how that qualifies as "not relevant."

To the OP, congrats on the kill!
    Thank you sir!

I've been at various levels of "hardcore" raiding throughout my WoW playing life, including mythic progression, but for now, with my work and family schedule, heroic raiding 1 night a week is good for me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    I mean, grats to you? It's pretty irrelevant and uninspiring. But good job.

Now go back in time, clear Heroic on the first week with relevant gear in 18 hours or less, and then shut up and go progress through Mythic.

Just my thoughts.
    I'm sure if every person in our guild had 18 hours or so on the first week, we would have gotten a kill or close to a kill. Problem is, we don't have that kind of time to dedicate as a guild as a whole.

Again, I said that I fully recognize that other people on these very forums might think it wasn't an accomplishment at all, and they certainly are entitled to their opinion on that, but the fact is that at 7 weeks in the majority of the raiding population does not have ahead of the curve, especially not the majority of guilds who only raid 3 or less hours per week.

If you only have 3 hours per week to kill bosses, and the majority of your raid team don't raid normal and have not experienced the bosses before, and we clear the entirety of heroic ToS in a total of 18 hours, I'd say we are doing pretty good.

Furthermore, I came to give my opinion on the fight and encourage others to keep at it and they will eventually get the kill. Why berate me for my opinion and offering help to others? Toxic much?
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2017-08-05 at 05:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So my guild and I finally killed Heroic KJ, and while I know that is not an accomplishment at all to several of the forum posters on this website, it was a pretty good feeling for me and my guild.

Why was it a good feeling?

1) it was an accomplishment. We set out to complete a goal, and we did it, in a relatively short amount of time considering the circumstances of our guild.

To put it in perspective, our guild raids 3 hours a week, 1 night a week, and one of the weeks since ToS was released, we did not raid due to roster issues (people being gone on vacation). There have been 7 weeks of ToS raiding availability so far. We have raided 6 of those weeks for 3 hours each week. So total we have raided 18 hours in ToS since release. That being said, in order for us to properly get attempts in on KJ, we have to had cleared the rest of the raid in a short amount of time. Yes, we could lock the raid id, but we just didn't want to do that as people were still needing stuff from other bosses. So in all, it took our guild about 2.5 hours in total of learning on KJ to down him, which is particularly impressive when several (the majority) of our players had not fought KJ before as we like to only raid in heroic when new raids come out.

2) The learning curve was extremely short compared to other heroic end bosses, especially compared to several other guilds on our realm.

We are realm 13 or 14 in heroic KJ kills. We jumped 10 positions with our kill last night (we were at 23). At a total of 18 raiding hours since ToS release, i'd say thats pretty good. We would like to do mythic, but we just don't have the roster for it right now, and are not willing to go through the recruitment process to make that happen, and we are fine with it for the time being. Several of us don't have the time to devote to raiding more than we do currently, and heroic suites us just fine.

The Point:

The point to all of this is KJ was a decent fight. Relatively dull in my opinion, lots of damage, decent mechanics, but overall just felt a little underwhelming for an end boss. Also from the looks of the mythic version, not much changed other than timing of mechanics and overall damage and health of the boss. Of course thats not to say it wouldn't be exhilarating to get a mythic kill of KJ after having figured out the timing and preciseness of the fight.

Recommendation for all who are currently on KJ:

Just keep getting attempts in. It took us 27 attempts last night to get it. Remember to make sure everyone is aware of soaking armageddons. If you soak properly on every pull, the only things you gotta worry about is killing mirror images, lining up properly to soak the lazer, and focusing on properly executing the dark phase. After that, you gotta get someone to kite the orbs in phase 3 to the nether tears. Then dead.
    Yeah, that's great.

Now please change your Reagan sig, he obviously plagiarized my boy Twain.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread, cause this forum is not meant as your personal blogging place.