Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    A Trumpkin wants people to boycott McDonalds.

Ok, everyone, lets go to McDonalds.

In special considering the fact they dislike Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new drive through setup has already forced me to stop going there. I don't like the split and merge drive through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Drive thru getting priority is common sense, especially in areas where the drive thru lane can wind up impeding other lot traffic. I did use to work at Burger King in my youth, and while the cheese was supposed to stay covered, it simply never was when the place was busy. That's just how it is.

Mayo was usually kept in a 1 gallon vat in a tray of ice all day, uncovered. The ice would melt obviously, and the top layer of mayo would brown a bit from the heat. Stir it up, refresh the ice, continue
    True, but during bouts of slowness, cover that shit up so flies don't potentially land on it.

Ugh at that mayo shit though, McDs refrigerated caulk gun tubes are much better than that set up IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    The new drive through setup has already forced me to stop going there. I don't like the split and merge drive through.
    The workers hate it as well.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I boycott mcdonalds, already, for being shitty to employees.

They work for the US minimum wage. You get what you pay for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

McDonalds/Burger King will not survive. Only things keeping them afloat is cheap breakfast menus and limited one dollar menus.

I will happily boycott them, I've been doing so for ages - until I'm on a road trip and it's the only food I've seen for 100 miles then well, bets are off.

Don't be so nit picky.
    Boycott them because they claim to sell food but don't at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They work for the US minimum wage. You get what you pay for.
    That is not always true though.

I can think of several fast food chains that offer minimum wage to their workers, but the quality of the food is better and for a lesser price than McDonalds. Increased wages to workers tends to lead to better customer service, but quality of food always comes down to protocols and procedures of the company.

McDonalds has some pretty bad procedures which puts their workers and management in a bind. So, while it is easy to say it is the workers not being motivated enough due to low wages in truth even if they were paid more the quality of McDonalds food would still be inferior. The inferiority of McDonald's food is reinforced by price points that are way too high. McDonalds is definitely not Five Guy's Quality by any measure.

This is why Taco Bell had to change not only their ingredients (better quality) but also all their procedures. Their menu change also reflected a change to offer a wide variety of options (eg healthy) for people that wanted something more than the same old.

Checkers/Rallys is another example of a fast food joint that focuses on proper procedures when it comes to cooking their fries and changing the oil so the fries are clean and fresh and seasoned properly.

Chik Fil A is a good example where you would think the most screw ups would happen due to the sheer amounts of handling of chicken meat combined with young minimum wage workers. And yet the consistency of the food and fries of Chik Fil A persists, because they have proper procedures and protocols regardless of franchise.

Chipolte uses good, fresh ingredients but they are suffering major PR blunders because there are serious flaws with their handling and procedures of raw food.

Steak n Shake, Sonic, etc all focus more on quality and yet their price points are more competitive than McDonalds. Wendy's is an example of lower price points but still focusing on old school way of making burgers. Burger King used to be like Wendy's but they have fallen into the McDonalds trap of increasing price points, poor ingredients, and poor procedures. Dominos almost went down for the count because of this hubris and the two burger giants need to heed this warning.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2017-08-05 at 06:30 AM.

Nah, I love their McChickens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused, so OP only goes to McD because they're fast, and then complains about everything they do in order to be that fast.

"I demand they increase the quality of the staff!"

"Well, if you start paying them more, that'll drive more demand for the jobs which will allow them to be more selective in their hiring practices, thereby increasing the quality of the employees."

"No way! They don't deserve to be paid that much! They should just lower the prices of their food then!"

"Well, don't be surprised when they lower wages, thereby reducing demand for the job and leading to a further decrease in the quality of the average employee, further exacerbating the problems you're complaining about."

"Well, if they just increased the quality of the staff....."

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    McDonalds/Burger King will not survive. Only things keeping them afloat is cheap breakfast menus and limited one dollar menus.
    Dream on mate

McDoubles are good (if absolutely horrible for you) and McDonalds has pretty good fries, too. The $1 sundaes are a pretty good deal as well. That said, I eat there pretty rarely because it's about the furthest thing from healthy and all their "healthy" options taste like cardboard.

First, the food is terrible. So why eat there in the first place? Fast food chains won't change their ways because they know there are millions of lazy people who just live off fast food regardless of taste or price. Simple solution, don't eat shit food.

That is not always true though.

I can think of several fast food chains that offer minimum wage to their workers, but the quality of the food is better and for a lesser price than McDonalds. Increased wages to workers tends to lead to better customer service, but quality of food always comes down to protocols and procedures of the company.

McDonalds has some pretty bad procedures which puts their workers and management in a bind. So, while it is easy to say it is the workers not being motivated enough due to low wages in truth even if they were paid more the quality of McDonalds food would still be inferior. The inferiority of McDonald's food is reinforced by price points that are way too high. McDonalds is definitely not Five Guy's Quality by any measure.

This is why Taco Bell had to change not only their ingredients (better quality) but also all their procedures. Their menu change also reflected a change to offer a wide variety of options (eg healthy) for people that wanted something more than the same old.

Checkers/Rallys is another example of a fast food joint that focuses on proper procedures when it comes to cooking their fries and changing the oil so the fries are clean and fresh and seasoned properly.

Chik Fil A is a good example where you would think the most screw ups would happen due to the sheer amounts of handling of chicken meat combined with young minimum wage workers. And yet the consistency of the food and fries of Chik Fil A persists, because they have proper procedures and protocols regardless of franchise.

Chipolte uses good, fresh ingredients but they are suffering major PR blunders because there are serious flaws with their handling and procedures of raw food.

Steak n Shake, Sonic, etc all focus more on quality and yet their price points are more competitive than McDonalds. Wendy's is an example of lower price points but still focusing on old school way of making burgers. Burger King used to be like Wendy's but they have fallen into the McDonalds trap of increasing price points, poor ingredients, and poor procedures. Dominos almost went down for the count because of this hubris and the two burger giants need to heed this warning.
    Can't comment on any of those because we don't have most of them here, but yes McDonald's also sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    They will.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - someone's quote that is 100% true, often attributed to Einstein.

Deleted
    I haven't even visited a MacDonalds in years... the prices here in the EU are doubled compared to 2002. Thanks to the great switch to euro's. It's outrageous, but atleast here in Europe vegetables are cheaper then fastfood. Going to MacDonalds is a choice I rather not take, wether people ask for boycot or not. The food is shit, it tastes horrible and the food is not relieving me of my hunger and after 2 hours I take a 1 hour break in the bathroom to crap it all out.

The food is rubbish, no one should eat there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait. Orlong is complaining about capitalism? Oh this is precious.

Welcome to the 21st century. Where the cost of food is finally catching with you. Imagine how it would be without government subsidies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure that even in the US you can find better places that will allow you to order burgers and fries and at a reasonable price.

I did enjoy the complaint about the cheese shape.