Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Q4 2016

The financial reports will have gone up from all the folk purchasing Legion.

Subscriptions will have plummeted since then, even if the game is still making bank thanks to all the micro transactions.
    Wishful thinking at its best right here! Entirely void of logical reasoning!

14 months of no new content in MoP, one of the most polarizing expansions to date, held 5 million subs. Thinking that Legion would hold any less then that, is mental gymnastics on epic scale.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    To sum it up - People hate success.
    Haha, all too true!

People really stuck to the "only slightly better than WOD"-line like some sort of comfort blanky. That "slightly better" is in terms of revenue, and as we all know, WoD pulled 10 million subs and made absolute bank in its first quarter. At its last sub count release, it had 5 million subs, and it still made 800k USD on a bad year.

Legion has everything WoD didn't, it's not an "average" expansion by any metric in terms of content delivery, also there's the option of subbing for gold, but still people manage to fool themselves into thinking that WoW currently has 2 million or less subs... Like, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Wishful thinking at its best right here! Entirely void of logical reasoning!

14 months of no new content in MoP, one of the most polarizing expansions to date, held 5 million subs. Thinking that Legion would hold any less then that, is mental gymnastics on epic scale.
    Quality of the expansion is irrelevant (Although Legion is particularly poor quality), look at the MMO market right now: WoW, for the first time in over a decade has real, tangible competition, despite major updates to systems and graphics WoW still looks like an aging beast.

The old world still uses assets from 2004, the quests in the old world are the pinnacle of stereotypical MMO quests, the combat is the pinnacle of old MMO combat. These are core issues that blizzard can't change (except the quests, we know they can do better).

You think this will attract new players? Most of those who have left have done so due to real life constraints, WoW is the most expensive western MMO available and it has a mandatory subscription which is also higher in cost than any other subscription on the market.

WoW can't retain subs above the 5.6 million we saw in WoD. Sure they'll boost for the first month or so of an expansion, but that'll quickly fall back down, hence why the ingame store has been expanded so much in recent years.

Why play an expensive, outdated game when you can play something cheaper and more modern?

WoW may not be dying but these are its twilight years. Blizzard needs to decide if they want to keep milking it as it's subs dwindle (Which they can do with increasing profits) or rebuild it.

Why play an expensive, outdated game when you can play something cheaper and more modern?

Same bullshit song that's been sung since TBC. /yawn! Simple answer; Those "cheaper" and "more modern" games, are not World of Warcraft.

Legion has 6-7 million subs, the game is very VERY healthy for its age and Legion is hopefully the model going forward in terms of quality and quantity! ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Same bullshit song that's been sung since TBC. /yawn! Simple answer; Those "cheaper" and "more modern" games, are not World of Warcraft.

Legion has 6-7 million subs, the game is very VERY healthy for its age and Legion is hopefully the model going forward in terms of quality and quantity! ^^
    Stop fangirling and take those blinders off for a minute and provide a source for those 6-7 million subs.

Stop fangirling and take those blinders off for a minute and provide a source for those 6-7 million subs.
    Quarterly reports are very much public, go educate yourself, compare them to other quarters where WoW still released sub numbers.
    And when you have, provide your source for WoW having around 2 million subs! I'll wait.

There's no fangirling, 6-7 million subs is the logical conclusion. Even MoP when people such as yourself were saying "nobody will be playing this Panda expansion!!!" had a retention of 5 million subs during 14 months of content drought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quarterly reports are very much public, go educate yourself, compare them to other quarters where WoW still released sub numbers.
    And when you have, provide your source for WoW having around 2 million subs! I'll wait.

There's no fangirling, 6-7 million subs is the logical conclusion.
    I've looked at them, I've also looked at their store a lot. WoW's success is due to whales, not subs.

I never said 2 million subs but 6-7 sure as hell sounds like wishful thinking. Like I said. Find a source or stop sprouting this bullshit as fact.

I've looked at them, I've also looked at their store a lot. WoW's success is due to whales, not subs.

I never said 2 million subs but 6-7 sure as hell sounds like wishful thinking. Like I said. Find a source or stop sprouting this bullshit as fact.
    Haha, it's not though. Can't find a source on exact sub count seeing as how they don't release those anymore, but revenue, compared to previous quarters + a heap of logical reasoning taking into account content releases and the wow token supports my version far more than it supports yours. Revenue hasn't been exclusively from subs ever since WOTLK at the very least.

Legion isn't even over yet people want to believe that it's worse off than WoD after 6.1. HAH!

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, it's not though. Can't find a source on exact sub count seeing as how they don't release those anymore, but revenue, compared to previous quarters + a heap of logical reasoning supports my version far more than it supports yours.

Legion isn't even over yet people want to believe that it's worse off than WoD after 6.1. HAH!
    God you really are blind. Your "logical reasoning" is little more than you being a fangirl.

WoW has competitors that have established themselves in more markets (such as consoles) now, they aren't disappearing into irrelevance like previous attempts to get into the market. They will suck some of WoW's subscribers away, it's inevitable.

Especially when blizzard pisses their customers off by suddenly increasing prices.

Deleted
    The article refers to a 20% rise in monthly active users after the launch of Legion. It doesn't give raw numbers. Active players were extremely few towards the end of WoD so I would have expected far more than this, more than 50% actually. It doesn't even deal with numbers in 2017 which is when the artifact grind really took its toll.

It's just strange how these sycophants will dig up any useless news like this in order to brown nose Activision. Why is reality such a problem for them? And why are they so emotionally invested in Activision?

God you really are blind. Your "logical reasoning" is little more than you being a fangirl.

WoW has competitors that have established themselves in more markets (such as consoles) now, they aren't disappearing into irrelevance like previous attempts to get into the market. They will suck some of WoW's subscribers away, it's inevitable.

Especially when blizzard pisses their customers off by suddenly increasing prices.
    Um, no. You're just mad that the reasoning has lead to more positive conclusions than you wanted.

WoW always had competitors, and it still didn't stop the game from retaining 5+ million subs during polarizing and even horrible expansions. But if your well-being hinges upon thinking that Legion performs worse than the generally agreed upon worst expansion to date, be my guest! I'll keep reaping the benefits of Legion being so highly populated all the same. It's even possible to get groups together at 4 AM these days!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    The article refers to a 20% rise in monthly active users after the launch of Legion. It doesn't give raw numbers. Active players were extremely few towards the end of WoD so I would have expected far more than this, more than 50% actually. It doesn't even deal with numbers in 2017 which is when the artifact grind really took its toll.

It's just strange how these sycophants will dig up any useless news like this in order to brown nose Activision. Why is reality such a problem for them? And why are they so emotionally invested in Activision?
    "Reality" is that WoW performs amazingly well.

I understand that reality is horrid if one is part of the "WoW is dead lul!"-crowd dating back to TBC though. I'm sure that same crowd will be active 10 years down the line still when WoW celebrates its 25th birthday.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-05 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um, no. You're just mad that the reasoning has lead to more positive conclusions than you wanted.

WoW always had competitors, and it still didn't stop the game from retaining 5+ million subs during polarizing and even horrible expansions. But if your well-being hinges upon thinking that Legion performs worse than the generally agreed upon worst expansion to date, be my guest! I'll keep reaping the benefits of Legion being so highly populated all the same.
    What reasoning? You're assuming WoW has more subs because they're making more money.

They're making more money today then ever before, despite loosing half their peak subscribers. Why? Because of micro transactions.

Why did they make increasing profit quarter after quarter during WoD? Micro transactions.

If you can't accept that then you have no logic or reasoning. You're just a fangirl.

What reasoning? You're assuming WoW has more subs because they're making more money.

They're making more money today then ever before, despite loosing half their peak subscribers. Why? Because of micro transactions.

Why did they make increasing profit quarter after quarter during WoD? Micro transactions.

If you can't accept that then you have no logic or reasoning. You're just a fangirl.
    Again, you being unwilling to accept it =/= it not being sound. You need a rather sizeable customer base in order to make the bank they're making from micro transactions, for starters. Now there are also wow tokens.

And it can also be repeated; Quarterly reports from years and years back are all public. Knock yourself out! Of course, it's easier to just throw around the oh-so-logical argument of "you're fangirling!".

No skin off my nose though, I'm more than comfortable with WoW doing so well.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-05 at 02:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course WoW is still going strong, but why are you linking old articles??

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, you being unwilling to accept it =/= it not being sound. You need a rather sizeable customer base in order to make the bank they're making from micro transactions, for starters. Now there are also wow tokens.

And it can also be repeated; Quarterly reports from years and years back are all public. Knock yourself out! Of course, it's easier to just throw around the oh-so-logical argument of "you're fangirling!".
    You are now dismissed as a troll, you've ignored all my arguments and continued to sprout unfounded bullshit.

Take a look at the quarterly reports yourself if you're serious which I honestly don't think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Of course WoW is still going strong, but why are you linking old articles??
    From earlier in the post, for those interested;

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Legion released in the 3rd Quarter which consists of July, August and September.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ith_Tables.pdf

There is the 2nd Quarter for this year.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_Release.pdf

There is the first. Mostly positive about what they have to mention about WoW. Revenue grew and more time was spent playing in both quarters.

Old numbers from when the expantion was released? Yeah, not really relevant numbers there.
    Servers are more empty than ever and Legion is doing only slightly better than the worst expantion so far thanks to services and tokens.

I'm sure Blizzard is happy if they copuld get more than 2 million subs about now.

You are now dismissed as a troll, you've ignored all my arguments and continued to sprout unfounded bullshit.

Take a look at the quarterly reports yourself if you're serious which I honestly don't think you are.
    I have, and I am.

And I'm not surprised either, this is a very distinguished pattern among people. ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Old numbers from when the expantion was released? Yeah, not really relevant numbers there.
    Servers are more empty than ever and Legion is doing only slightly better than the worst expantion so far thanks to services and tokens.

I'm sure Blizzard is happy if they copuld get more than 2 million subs about now.
    You were debunked in a different thread. Guess you needed to start over fresh in a new one.

Thing is .. this is not something to be happy about.

Wow is indeed old and it still runs of the same formula.

Find 10 bear butts
    Deliver a letter
    Kill a boss that respawn in 1 week latests and do it again .. the same way, same pattern, same loot pool.
    PvP in small instances ... where everything resets over and over.

The player changes nothing in the world, biggest difference a player can ever do in WoW is to alter the going price of a item in the AH there is NOTHING else to chance.

And the core problem .... everyone else is doing the same .. so why not play the game you did the last 10 years .... when the others just offers a slight variation of this ?

It is very sad when the only MMO that really did something about this, sis it 10 years ago ( Dark age of camelot ) that game was far from perfect. But it did one thing right, the PvP .... 4 massive PvP area not instanced with 3 factions fighting over the the lands and the relics that actually changed things in PvE ... control strength relic and your realm gained power while you had it but the 2 other factions could steal it back at any point if they had the manpower, you see the relics was kept in the PvP zones in a keep that others could attack.

Imagine pvp over a castle involving 200+ players over a thing that actually made a difference with 3 unique factions. sure it could be laggy .. but that game came out like 15 years ago .... why the hell do we not have better MMO's now ?

Today's MMO's is 1 thing only ... find loot with better numbers nothing more this include WoW ... make the world fun make it about something else then numbers.

Oh, that's right, now I remember!

You guys think that the more subs a game has, the better the game is...

Guess that makes "singers" like Justin Bieber and Kanye West the best "artists" ever!

Nice circle jerk you guys are having.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    https://mmos.com/news/superdatas-lat...e-free-to-play

This info is a year out of date but I doubt WoW has gained too many subscribers in that time, WoW is still very popular but as I said it is no longer top dog and it is mad to think it would have been on top forever.
    Do you not recognize the flaw with that list? Half of those games aren't even the same genre of WoW! When people talk about WoW as the biggest MMO, they are using MMO short for MMORPG.

And seriously, when was the last time people called LoL an MMO? They don't. They call it a MOBA.

For MMORPGs OF ITS KIND, key phrase right there, WoW is still the largest, with likely none to ever reach the highest point WoW got to. Even right now, tons of people have come back to the game, so the second most successful MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV, will still not catch up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    https://ffxivcensus.com/ claims ff14, which i guess is wows most direct competition in US/EU, has about 460k active players, so probably 575k subs orso. I dare say wow is still in the millions at least. polls on mmo champ are around 2m sample size these days.
    If I recall right, Final Fantasy hit 1 million individual accounts last year or the year before, so there's that.

And lol yeah, the polls on mmo-champ aren't even touched by every WoW player, and I am pretty sure hardly take into account EU/AS... so... The OP is a little silly here.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water