Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Sco has all of his tanks geared. so he isn't putting all of his effort into just that character

Well this is what you get. We wanted titanforging and more RNG and Blizzard delivered, can't really complain now when we got what we wanted now can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    Since when was doing +15 Mythic dungeons and H Raids casual play? What would you call people who only quest and do LFR?
    a) Since it's not a problem to do it at all? We boost people who literally stand aside and do no damage just trying to survive and we still do them in time for +2 upgrade. Unless people are hell lot of undergeared as a whole party and have no idea how to play their spec, it's not a problem to finish a +15. And you still get loot even if you failed to do it in time. Heroic raids are being completed by random pug groups on the first day after release, that's how hard hc is. You can literally get your ass carried in half the pug groups being neraly afk and gather the loot. There was a reddit post a couple of days ago with a guy leading a pug ToS group, whose 100% of logs were grey parses. So yeah, casuals players still do normal/heroic raids as long as they either create the groups or stay under the radar.

b) Those who only do LFRs as far as raiding goes barely scratch the game. They usually do the AH stuff, pet battle whole days, level dozens of alts and mostly fail horribly in any interactive environment. Idk if it even counts as "casualy playing an MMO", if it does it's the lowest part of the "casual" spectrum of players. It's more like ghost players or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I guess since you're perma-banned, you wouldn't know, but Mythic+ higher keys aren't just "cleave and aoe and derp" to clear. You need smart players to handle the affixes properly and function as a unit, while pulling optimal DPS/HPS/TPS. Legion does prioritize good players and rewards them accordingly. If you think ilevel is the reward for being a hardcore player, you're sadly mistaken. How about "The Darkener" for his KJ:Mythic kill. I think that's a reward for the hardcore. Antorus will likely drop a mount for its final Mythic boss, as tradition, and no doubt Sco will be a front-runner to receive it.

The OP just put on his highest ilevel gear and wanted some cheap luls. I can do the same on my main, and gain 10 ilevels, but my stats will be shit and DPS will reflect it.

Loot has always been distributed outside of raids. Dungeons, quests, crafting, world drops = all examples of places that drop loot.
    Good loot. Not dog shit. Frankly the game was at its best when tier was rewarded out of the raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I can imagine, but that's what friends/guilds are for
    So you are a parasite that needs to be carried on. Well, good to known ...

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    a) Since it's not a problem to do it at all? We boost people who literally stand aside and do no damage just trying to survive and we still do them in time for +2 upgrade. Unless people are hell lot of undergeared as a whole party and have no idea how to play their spec, it's not a problem to finish a +15. And you still get loot even if you failed to do it in time. Heroic raids are being completed by random pug groups on the first day after release, that's how hard hc is. You can literally get your ass carried in half the pug groups being neraly afk and gather the loot. There was a reddit post a couple of days ago with a guy leading a pug ToS group, whose 100% of logs were grey parses. So yeah, casuals players still do normal/heroic raids as long as they either create the groups or stay under the radar.

b) Those who only do LFRs as far as raiding goes barely scratch the game. They usually do the AH stuff, pet battle whole days, level dozens of alts and mostly fail horribly in any interactive environment. Idk if it even counts as "casualy playing an MMO", if it does it's the lowest part of the "casual" spectrum of players. It's more like ghost players or something.
    A) Nice personal anecdote? Most people don't clear +15's in this game. Also, "Random" Pug Groups that just fully clear a heroic raid on day 1? Yeah those aren't super rare or anything..

B) You mean the majority of the players of the game that do LFR and other things? You DO realize that Heroic/Mythic raiding is the minority..right?

I am sorry but I don't thing hc tos and mythic +15 can be deemed as casual would be lfr, lucky with puging some normal bosses and a BOOST on 10+, your key ofc.
    For the rest , overall content, world bosses and whatnot
    You look more like a raider than a casual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Tier can still be rewarded out of the game with the Caches that are frequently available, but I understand your point to be when tier gear could be purchased and grinded.

I don't judge the game by the availability of tier gear, however. Not sure how it makes the game better or worse to walk up to a vendor and purchase tier. Just trying to understand your point as how that was the pinnacle of WoW.
    Its better because it gives me better choice in progression instead of funelling me into raiding.

This is a nonsensical comparison. The average mythic raider who is say 5-7/9 mythic at this point is over 935 unless shit optimization keeps them from getting there. You can't really compare to WF raiders who put in insane hours, funnel mythic loot to DPS specs(he's a tank if you didn't notice) to beat checks.

Call me at the end of the tier when you haven't raided mythic at all when Sco is probably 945+ with 4 piece and you're still in the 930s with random mythic+ loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    So, they usually do more content than just the Raid minus some mechanics/difficulty and yet that means they barely scratch the game? This game isn't named World of Raidcraft for a reason, there is far more stuff to do than just raiding higher than LFR. Hell, for some people it's all about the PvP experience, and they'd consider anyone who hasn't done Rated Battlegrounds or Arenas to be barely scratching the surface. Hell, if you want to be downright honest, people who run every zone and questline to completion (minus raid ones, of course) while only running normal dungeons and LFR are experiencing far more of this MMO than people who run the bare minimum needed to get them to hardcore raiding.

I've cleared 9/9 H and do a 15 every week (sometimes a bit higher) and I consider myself a casual because I only raid 1-2 nights a week and as a PUG with friends not as part of a regular raid team. I have no scheduled commitments in game and can play as much or as little as I feel like. I guess that doesn't fit some people's definition of a casual, but I was in US top 100 guilds for several expacs and changed to a more casual playstyle after having a child so to me, this feels casual. I'm 934 equipped because I keep getting crazy titanforges. I get why top guilds hate the system, but I got the items by the rules in place, and if they change it later on, oh well. For now, I'll enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celeclop View Post
    Since when was doing +15 Mythic dungeons and H Raids casual play? What would you call people who only quest and do LFR?
    Aha I used to think that way until I had more real life commitments. To me, whether a player is hardcore or casual is not about the skill the player has or the content they are doing but about whether they play on a schedule, always devote a certain amount of time to raiding or ranked PvPing, etc. You can be a skilled casual who can't commit to certain in game activities due to real life schedule, you can also be a bad hardcore player like those guilds that raid several nights a week and never get that far. I do +15 and heroic raids and consider myself casual because the game just isn't a big priority to me. I play as I can, but I'm reasonably skilled so I can get things done in the time I do have. And if one week I don't feel like raiding at all, because I'm tired from RL stuff, I don't have a group that I am letting down. I can play when I want, and not play when I don't feel like it, without ruining someone else's gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    You know someone solo'd a +17 right? Mione. I think she may have even done +19. Not in time, obviously, but it's still there. I think the highest she cleared in time was 8-9.
    And you know what dungeons it was, which class has done it, what made it possible, and how long it took?

DH tank soloing a dungeon full of demons thanks to the endless fear and the fact that it's not broken by damage from immolation aura means literary nothing at all...especially if it took like 12 hours... also it would be impossible on almost any other week and certainly on any week with tyranical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    And you know what dungeons it was, which class has done it, what made it possible, and how long it took?

DH tank soloing a dungeon full of demons thanks to the endless fear and the fact that it's not broken by damage from immolation aura means literary nothing at all...especially if it took like 12 hours... also it would be impossible on almost any other week and certainly on any week with tyranical.
    He's a DK, not a DH.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    He's a DK, not a DH.
    If you talk about Mione/Mionee solo +19 Court of Stars , She's a DH right now in the most recent videos , DK in Older videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/Mionelol/videos

if you are doing Mythic +15 and clearing heroic you are NOT a casual

Quote Originally Posted by Knot View Post
    Why do people assume casual should mean no skill? You can play 10 hours a day and suck. You can play on a more casual schedule and still defeat semi difficult content. Probably not mythic raids or very very high keys, but you can be casual and clear heroic. I've done LFR TOS on alt when bored (never again) and that felt slower than clearing heroic on my main did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post

CoS isn't full of demons. It does have a lot in the second portion, but the first is all humanoid. And that's just the trash, that tactic doesn't work on bosses, which are still a massive threat (especially solo) at that level without tyrannical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    Why do people assume casual should mean no skill? You can play 10 hours a day and suck. You can play on a more casual schedule and still defeat semi difficult content. Probably not mythic raids or very very high keys, but you can be casual and clear heroic. I've done LFR TOS on alt when bored (never again) and that felt slower than clearing heroic on my main did.
    Casuality isn't defined by time, but by activity. Someone who spends 14 hours a day doing pet battles is the very definition of casual. Someone who plays 1 hour per week clearing a M+20 is a hardcore player by definition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knot View Post
    So because I'm good at the game I can never be casual? I didn't realize casual innately meant bad. I always thought i was casual because i spend less than 6 hours a week raiding (8/9H atm) and much less than that on m+, but i guess because i put in slight effort i'm hardcore?

I mean 928 isn't anything hate to burst that bubble.