Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Oh, my god. Just... ugh.

MMO raiding teaches leadership and group skills, maybe they should make playing MMOs part of the employment process!

While it would be pretty strange for other countries to do this, here in the US fire arms are fairly common. There are over a thousand deaths each year by accidental shootings by people under the age of 25 in the US, many of which are from mishandling and curiosity.

Now you can either just continue bitching about the second amendment and how stupid it is or do something in the meantime and teach kids just how dangerous firearms are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had marksman certificates from my local rifle association by the time I was 12, using .22LR. I ran the rifle and shotgun range in Boy Scouts from ~16-18.

While I don't think 'everyone' should be certified, it's definitely an enriching and useful skill to pick up. It's a bonding thing, as well as teaches respect. Anyone who goes through proper training is improved from it, even if they never need it.

That said, I also believe every gun owner should have mandatory training (even if it's insufficient, like a drivers license training). With the way America is, I wouldn't be against mandatory gun safety courses, just like sex education (But lets not get into how awful our current sex ed is).
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Teaching a kid to drive would teach him to respect cars ?

Teaching a kid to fly a plane would teach him respect of planes ?

And more borader stupid way of thinking : do you need to experience something to respect it ?
    Yes, to properly respect something you must deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I had marksman certificates from my local rifle association by the time I was 12, using .22LR. I ran the rifle and shotgun range in Boy Scouts from ~16-18.

While I don't think 'everyone' should be certified, it's definitely an enriching and useful skill to pick up. It's a bonding thing, as well as teaches respect. Anyone who goes through proper training is improved from it, even if they never need it.

That said, I also believe every gun owner should have mandatory training (even if it's insufficient, like a drivers license training). With the way America is, I wouldn't be against mandatory gun safety courses, just like sex education (But lets not get into how awful our current sex ed is).
    Also it's useful should the world go Fallout, Mad Max, or Zombie Apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It normalizes the concept of a society where everyone possessing guns is a given, and falsely leads them to believe that they are necessary for society to function.

We already have enough from the cheeto-in-chief trying to tell us we need to be afraid of everything.
    Yet you seem to be afraid of an armed society....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Yet you seem to be afraid of an armed society....
    A society based on fear; the only reason to have an armed society, is not the way to run a modern civilization.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    A society based on fear; the only reason to have an armed society, is not the way to run a modern civilization.
    I am more afraid of the police than I am criminals. I am also armed to the teeth, but that is just because I enjoy collecting and shooting.

FYI, modern society IS based on fear.

I like how pig fuckers describe it as "healthy"

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    We shouldn't be doing either. We should be looking to get married and enrich our home lives.
    Getting married requires you to partake in religion which is an institution hell-bent on slowing down the advancement of humanity.

No thanks.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Getting married requires you to partake in religion which is an institution hell-bent on slowing down the advancement of humanity.

No thanks.
    First, marriage was around before institutionalized religion and second, mayhem008 is mocking Tennisace's other threads where he insists that marriage is the only way to be happy so get married as young and soon as possible!

I been around guns my whole life, nothing wrong with them if they are taught proper safety. Not sure at school would be a good pick though. But in gym there was bow shooting, wouldn't be that hard to book a range to show proper gun safety.

Indoctrinating children is probably the only way to keep up with this insane lifestyle.

See: Religion.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-08-06 at 09:11 AM.

can they lower drinking age too?

I used to shoot rabbits with my Grandfather at his farm when I was around seven or so. Hunting was fun and educational in a similar sense of training with any other tool. I haven't felt the need to fire a gun since then, just like I don't feel the need to carry around a saw and chisel after woodworking class in school. Gun fetishisation and culture has a tiny footprint here, however, and I would like it to remain that way. To that end, training small children in urban and suburban areas in the safety of something they may never have interest in, hold or even see due to local stigma and laws seems entirely irrelevant at best and possibly undermining at worst.

Deleted
    I cant even remotely imagine to wear or even use a gun in public. And i am absolutely not interested to ever do so.

If i see the big number of gun homicides and -accidents in america, i am more than happy that my country has very strict gun laws. Also i dont believe that i would be "respected" more if i had a gun, to be able to kill someone doesnt create respect, but anger. And anger creates violence.

From my POV, it is absolutely sick that citizen should be able to own guns privately and be allowed to wear them in public. The protection of the people is not the job of the people, but of the executive, be it police or the military. To be able to work as a hunter or to make gun sports noone needs the ability to own guns privately, but it could be limited to use them in the sport clubs and during a hunt only.

Also, private gun usage does not prevent tyrants. Infact, gun lobbyists help them to get to power, as long they allow the "freedom" to carry (and sell) guns to everyone.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-08-06 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yeah let's also show them how to drive, drink alcohol or pay taxes.

Some things are reserved to adults. Children don't need to learn them before needed.
    Why do you think it'd be wrong for a kid to learn to drive at 10 or 12 or whatnot? 16 isn't really a lot more "mature" by any means. Even with all that, the permit in question is a supervised permit. Are you opposed to children driving dirt bikes on trails?

I'm not sure how consumption of alcohol or tobaco laws have anything to do with it though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    While it would be pretty strange for other countries to do this, here in the US fire arms are fairly common. There are over a thousand deaths each year by accidental shootings by people under the age of 25 in the US, many of which are from mishandling and curiosity.

Now you can either just continue bitching about the second amendment and how stupid it is or do something in the meantime and teach kids just how dangerous firearms are.
    To be clear, the article is about Australia. They have very strict gun laws and very limited access, mostly limited to "hunting style" rifles so as not to offend anyone with their looks. I don't think they can have semi-auto rifles at all actually, but not positive.

So, sure, some folks sitting in a city in Australia are complaining because some kids are shooting with their parents on the edges. Look at Australia's tiny band of civilization on the edges of large open areas of "shit that wants to kill you". Guns might be handy.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Lol wut. I can tell this is a troll, but I'm just not sure where the hell it came from.
    Look at who he was responding to and what his (the OP) posting history is like, and it should become clear.