Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of feel like going in there just to fuck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I believe that gender pay gap is a misunderstood statement. it's true, men do make more money than women on a first glance. but when you dig around, you discover that women in general are less motivated than men to pursue higher education. Men are more likely to tackle science and engineering while women are more likely to take business administration and be happy with what they get.

I'm not saying women are stupid but women are less likely to choose such careers.

This guy can explain it better.

This video's speaker is correct. However, we need to understand a few things to appreciate that the pay gap is still a real problem.

First, most people enter into fields they are told they are appropriate for, and the fields we tell kids they are appropriate for are very different based on their gender. We tell little boys to enter into fields like medicine, engineering, and finance - all of which consequently pay better than the fields we tell little girls they're suited for. Yes, women can choose different fields with better pay and do, but the conditioning to enter specific disciplines is a huge factor in this discussion.

Secondly, certain professions have the pay scale they do because they were constructed around the notion women should be paid less and are still predominately still done by women today.

Its important to understand this is a complex topic that does not have a simple answer in any form. No, women do not simply make X% less than men, but they are not making as much as men either for a variety of reasons. And its not like men are doing something better than women - they are simply conditioned for the fields that pay better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I wonder if they also pay their female staff more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    I doubt it
    pay the men less of course

Good for them. I'm sure some cucks are happy to be paying extra over a feminist lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Couldn't care less about some small shitty cafe I'd never go to. Let me know if Starbucks starts doing this though.
    Eh, it's Melbourne, they wouldn't even notice Starbucks unless they started sticking their advertising near the entrance of their favourite independant cafe.

Same reason why a cafe like this will likely survive in Melbourne, there's enough of a hipster market for it.

Deleted
    She's free to do this (I think? It might be gender discrimination, dunno Aussie laws), and men are free not to go there and she'll lose money.

Let's see which one breaks first, her profit margins or her misguided principles.

What happens if your trans? Is there a clitty size that indicates your maleness so you have to pay more? Do they inspect your genitals?!

lel this is just a 18% donation. I'd be like, hell no I'm not donating I'm broke beatch. And if you put a donation on my check without my permission, your tip is definitely getting slashed; then you can complain about how you don't make as much money in a closed-loop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    lel this is just a 18% donation. I'd be like, hell no I'm not donating I'm broke beatch. And if you put a donation on my check without my permission, your tip is definitely getting slashed; then you can complain about how you don't make as much money in a closed-loop.
    Don't worry, you don't tip baristas (or most people in similar roles) in Straya anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Couldn't care less about some small shitty cafe I'd never go to. Let me know if Starbucks starts doing this though.
    SMH. Starbucks are considered quality now ? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    The gap isn't imaginary or a myth, it's just not nearly as big as some say it is once you get into the correct comparisons. Unfortunately, a particular group of people has trouble with things that aren't binary, so "It's not quite that much" gets rounded down to "LOL DOESN'T EXIST (drools heavily)."

Well women need to stop getting pregnant and taking time off work if they don't want a pay gap. Individual women actually make the same or more in the finance field but not when you average it down because of fucking pregnancies.

10+ Year Old Account
    its one week a month, its for a charity, and its optional

i swear, it says it right in the article

It's weird how women go into liberal arts bullshit only to bitch about not enough women in science and ebgineering, or other high paying jobs.

Oh and blue collar jobs? Fuck that, leave that to men eww

Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    its one week a month, its for a charity, and its optional

i swear, it says it right in the article
    Dude, the alt-right actually reading an article wouldn't make them alt-right.

I mean.. they essentially admit that their customers are retarded hipsters. Can you fault them for trying to turn a few bucks on the side by using that?

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Did they just assume my gender!?
    Haha, I came to this thread just to say that. Well done, sir or madame or other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    kudos to them, smart marketing. looks like they are smart enough to keep it at just that, with the only once a month and optional thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    It's weird how women go into liberal arts bullshit only to bitch about not enough women in science and ebgineering, or other high paying jobs.

Oh and blue collar jobs? Fuck that, leave that to men eww
    While they will bitch and moan about STEM fields all the time, I wouldn't actually call these the high paying fields.. finance, law and medicine earn better. It's really just that most of the liberal arts degrees aren't worth the paper they've been printed on, which is also why you can get one of these between the cracks of your couch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyuvarax View Post
    And its not like men are doing something better than women - they are simply conditioned for the fields that pay better.
    i know we are not talking about jobs that require you to use your muscles, but obviously in fields like that require physical labor, men are better and women should be paid less if trying to enter that field.

good thing we have affirmative action and women will get paid the same and will be hired over men who are better qualified. yay pay gap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's also only for men.
    i am 100% sure that if any woman wants to pay the optional 18% to a charity, they will let her.

the best part honestly is "women will be seated first". cuz in the video the place is dead with like 75% of the tables open lol.

im sure as soon as you walk in one of them says " jus take a seat anywhere, honey"
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2017-08-07 at 05:45 AM.

Handsome Her, a vegan cafe

Arghhh, I'm surprised they don't murder men on entrance .

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Come on guys, let's all get really mad at this!
    I predict 20 pages by tomorrow.