Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The nice thing is that if the gender gap was real, men could afford to go eat at a better cafe than she's running.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    And on what metric does it exist? We generally use awards here for a lot of jobs. Also if you want a payrise you genrally have to negotiate, so do you include that in the stats? Minimum wage is also set here by the government. All government jobs in Australia are set in grades that doesn't discriminate (and women and minorities get special treatment to get these jobs).

So where does this pay gap exist?
    I've rarely heard people say a there's not a disparity in lifetime/annual wages. The contentious part is why. People claim that discrimination is the reason when actual causation doesn't show it. It shows the difference is due to career choices, life choices, values and priorities, amount of time worked, etc. It doesn't prove discrimination. Discrimination is assumed and the disparity due to personal choice is often ignored because, well SJW's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    -SNIP-
    Peterson is a crazy person who yells at news papers and magazines to literally die.

Why this Christian fundamentalist who thinks Frozen is cultural Marxist propaganda is the darling of Skeptics™ is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You used the word "cuck" anything you say is invalid.
    Why are they so insecure in their manhood?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I'm understanding this wrong.

Lets imagine the pay gap exists. That's fine.

But the 18% goes to EMHAWS, which is completely unrelated to anything job or pay gap related. It's like saying "Help deal with women's pay gap, donate to red cross".

Furthermore, the idea of the pay gap is that women get paid less than men for the same job. Does anyone know who determines what someone gets paid? That would be the employer. So mentioning anything about "Tax to compensate pay gap" is like saying "We pay our women less. Please support them."

It's fine if they just want to have an 18% tax to go to charity. That's fantastic. But... literally everything about what's here is backwards, as far as I can see.

EDIT: I GUESS it might be assuming that because men MIGHT get paid more, they ought to pay more? But obviously not all men do, even if the pay gap existed.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It exists "in the statistics that show that it does."
    Maybe if they are read by morons ignoring key factors like type of job, hours of work put in, pay negotiation skills, previous job experience, life priorities of the employee and life plans, job dedication for example.

Factoring those in makes the wage gap disappear, its illegal to have any actual wage gap for the reasons of sex discrimination. If a company actualy does discriminate like that they would be sued for way more than they'd save on an employee by artificially lowering their wage. The same laws protect men from being discriminated against, the venue in the title does that openly and they should be facing legal consequences and business destroying fines. I think they should be made an example of so that no other sexist aka feminist - which ever you prefer to call them - will not dare to flaunt their misandry and base their business policies on it.

Not sure what's more stupid, the optional sexist fee or the guys wanting to pay it.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Illegal, and stupid. Alienating half the available customers isn't the greatest thing a cafe can do.

Good thing I don't eat at Vegan cafe's.

/dodged a bullet

These kinds of things are mostly awareness raising campaigns. Nobody is seriously proposing that prices be raised for men everywhere.

But you know, continue to enjoy your daily dose of being triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    So a cafe in Melbourne is trying to corect the imaginary pay gap of 18%.
    The gender pay gap is the difference between women’s and men’s average weekly full-time equivalent earnings, expressed as a percentage of men’s earnings. The Agency calculates the national gender pay gap using Australian Bureau of Statistics' Average Weekly Full-Time Earnings data (cat. No. 6302.0). The national gender pay gap is currently 16.0% and has hovered between 15% and 19% for the past two decades.
    https://www.wgea.gov.au/addressing-p...gender-pay-gap

Nothing imaginary about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

i mean those offended by it are probably the same people that would never set their foot in there in the first place so does it really matter?

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Haha, I came to this thread just to say that. Well done, sir or madame or other.
    I self-identify as an attack helicopter-kin, thank you very much.

10+ Year Old Account
    This bullshit has to be illegal. This is plain-sight discrimination against males.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I self-identify as an attack helicopter-kin, thank you very much.
    Love your rocket launchers honey. Soi soi soi soi soi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    You used the word "cuck" anything you say is invalid.
    Cuck is actually a pretty good word for this. You could use emasculated instead if you want, but cuck is so catchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    These kinds of things are mostly awareness raising campaigns. Nobody is seriously proposing that prices be raised for men everywhere.

But you know, continue to enjoy your daily dose of being triggered.

https://www.wgea.gov.au/addressing-p...gender-pay-gap

Nothing imaginary about it.
    These numbers prove nothing, have a look at hoe it is worded and sourced. There a discussions about why women aren't represented in certain industries (construction amd trade pays decently in Australia) and why they genrally don't work there way up (because they work less and more flexible hours).

Well, as long as it's the customer's choice. Just hope men still get service with a smile even if they decide not to pay the additional fee.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Peterson is a crazy person who yells at news papers and magazines to literally die.

Why this Christian fundamentalist who thinks Frozen is cultural Marxist propaganda is the darling of Skeptics™ is beyond me.
    The guy that wishes that all cops should die calling crazy to others :lol:

If anything they should charge women more because men have to deal with alimony and child support

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Handsome Her, a vegan cafe

Arghhh, I'm surprised they don't murder men on entrance .
    It's best not to give them ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Very Tired living up to his username and condensing maxium derp into only 2 lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.