Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is such a non issue, I don't understand why this is frowned upon.
    I'm 100% sure that you are able to completely ignore that shit, just like the FOB stuff in MGS:TPP.

It's free money for the devs, because people are stupid enough to buy it anyway. Just like a 500$ knife in CS:GO

Does this game even have a MP? Why do people care?
    Just because that stuff exist doesn't make the game any less good/bad. If you don't want to buy these chest, you have to judge the game by how it's designed without them. As long as the game doesn't force you to farm that shit, it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I'm 100% sure that you are able to completely ignore that shit, just like the FOB stuff in MGS:TPP.

It's free money for the devs, because people are stupid enough to buy it anyway. Just like a 500$ knife in CS:GO

Just because that stuff exist doesn't make the game any less good/bad. If you don't want to buy these chest, you have to judge the game by how it's designed without them. As long as the game doesn't force you to farm that shit, it doesn't matter.
    I couldn't agree more.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted

Microtransactions and gambling boxes in retail games are cancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    Microtransactions and gambling boxes in retail games are cancer.
    Well, good to know that cancer doesn't affect me then.
    As long as the game and certain design decisions don't suffer from it, I couldn't care less.

MGS:TPP had microtransactions too, it didn't affect anyone not buying that stuff in the slightest. I'm pretty certain that some people will probably not even remember that you could buy ressources, additional FOB and other shit.
    BF4 had microtransactions, didn't have any impact at all - on no one.
    I could name quite a few more that do have absolutely no impact on how you enjoy (or not enjoy) the game.

Paid Story DLC or side missions are several times more annoying.

I don't understand it, when you see that "buy fantasy coins here"-window, the game is already 5/10 instead of 10/10? Why act all triggered.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 05:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

I couldn't disagree more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I couldn't disagree more.
    The question is: why?
    You already said that you dislike it (for no reason as of yet)

Mr. " I don't pre order games other than the games I pre order anyway"

Deleted
    Was wondering wtf "community challenges" were, especially as it's a single player game.

Welp....?

https://twitter.com/DuskHoundYT/stat...52994851581952

"Avenge your fellow rangers in Online Vendettas to complete this weekend's Community Challenge."
    So, it's not just the stupid loot crates that you have to be online for, it's this too?

It got reported as always online yesterday on a fair few sites. Gotta make sure the wise consumer is logged into his single player experience so he can't cheat in his micropay freebuys :^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mr. " I don't pre order games other than the games I pre order anyway"
    I never said I don't pre order games, I said I had a no pre order rule. Rules are made to be broken. Occasionally. No need for you to lie.

Deleted
    I never said I don't pre order games, I said I had a no pre order rule. Rules are made to be broken. Occasionally. No need for you to lie.
    That's basically what I said you are. You don't pre order games, other than the games you pre order anyway.
    And you didn't even adress the important part and are just spamming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Was wondering wtf "community challenges" were, especially as it's a single player game.

Welp....?

https://twitter.com/DuskHoundYT/stat...52994851581952

"Avenge your fellow rangers in Online Vendettas to complete this weekend's Community Challenge."
    So, it's not just the stupid loot crates that you have to be online for, it's this too?

This was in Part 1 as well, just without the Challenge part of it.

Often you could avenge a person on your friends list if they were killed by a particular Uruk.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's basically what I said you are. You don't pre order games, other than the games you pre order anyway.
    And you didn't even adress the important part and are just spamming.
    The important part to me was you misrepresenting me. The other part about why I dislike Microtransactions has been covered by numerous outlets, heres a video by Jim fucking Sterling son. Microtransactions in a full price game are a disgrace, a greedy shitty practice perpetuated by the scummiest of publishers. Either watch the video or don't, you haven't supplied one reason why extra costs on top of a ful priced game are a good thing. Do not spin the bullshit about it supporting developers, if they want microtransactons don't charge 60 fucking dollars.

Gating ANYTHING behind microtransactions in a $60 game will always be bad, I don't give a fuck if its a pink unicorn ht.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2017-08-07 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    'Story Trailer' was released

Pretty hyped seeing all the things we could be up against
    Hype is for the weak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    WTF!?

"Through the Market, players can purchase Loot Chests, War Chests, XP Boosts and Bundles (accessed only with an internet connection)."
    Oh for Christ's sake, how is this still acceptable in AAA full-priced releases?

Deleted
    The important part to me was you misrepresenting me. The other part about why I dislike Microtransactions has been covered by numerous outlets, heres a video by Jim fucking Sterling son. Microtransactions in a full price game are a disgrace, a greedy shitty practice perpetuated by the scummiest of publishers. Either watch the video or don't, you haven't supplied one reason why extra costs on top of a ful priced game are a good thing. Do not spin the bullshit about it supporting developers, if they want microtransactons don't charge 60 fucking dollars.

Gating ANYTHING behind microtransactions in a $60 game will always be bad, I don't give a fuck if its a pink unicorn ht.

Nothing is gated behind it though. And why is it bullshit? If whales decide to spend money, it will support the devs... it will also lead to more content in the future, because the game isn't dead from an investor's perspective after 1 month after it's release.

DLC exist for the same reason and DLC is even worse, because lets face it, most of it is content that should've been in the main game already.
    Take Total War: Warhammer's Chaos faction for example.

Is the Level booster in WoW such a problem for you too?
    Overwatch skins and it's loot boxes?

btw:
    lol @ that fatso who is obviously weak willed (because he's fat as fuck) and blames people who are more resilient to temptations.
    It's not my fault that he's fat. Just because he dislikes it doesn't make it more impactful to me. I'll still be able to completely ignore that shit.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-08-07 at 10:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

You know it's all about greed when recent successful games like Horizon and Witcher 3 didn't have microtransactions, yet WB is all pointing at them and laughing thinking that they missed out on a money grubbing opportunity. ugh... This shit needs to be illegal. What the fucking god has loot boxes got anything to do with this game, what? Whats is the purpose?

Its a money, cash grab, video games are becoming the new mobiles games its all throwing money at your screen to unlock shit, when the stuff should already be in the game.

In a few years time video game publishers will all be about "Pay $15 to unlock the next level/zone" Games will be in pieces you will be charging full price for a game and getting supplements fed to you for money.

I am actually boycotting this game until it is at least 60% off in the next steam sale now, no one should charge full price when the company expects you to charge more on top.

If this was an MMO where you need funding to keep a game going thats fine, but this is a single player game. You are getting money from us purchasing it in the first place.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-07 at 09:54 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Considering that this is a single player game and everything is also unlocked by playing the game, I don't give a flying fart about microtransactions and loot boxes.

Seriously, vote with your wallet, don't buy what you don't want to buy. For me, the game looks amazing, still a buy (without wasting money on loot boxes).

it will also lead to more content in the future

You mean content that we'll have to pay for?

No. Stop that. Developers should be getting money for extra content from their publishers, not from us, ESPECIALLY when 'helping' to fund that content doesn't guarantee you a copy once it's released. Stop trying to justify this shady shit.

Nothing is gated behind it though. And why is it bullshit? If whales decide to spend money, it will support the devs... it will also lead to more content in the future, because the game isn't dead from an investor's perspective after 1 month after it's release.

DLC exist for the same reason and DLC is even worse, because lets face it, most of it is content that should've been in the main game already.
    Take Total War: Warhammer's Chaos faction for example.

Is the Level booster in WoW such a problem for you too?
    WB does not need support, they're the ones cashing in on this crap. I don't know of anyone who dislikes this crap that also support day 1 DLC, so you can put that strawman back in it's closet.

DLC created after a game is launched is justified to sell due to additional development time. No one should expect content outside of the original box to be free (with the exception of patches to fix the game itself). However, for a full priced game players should absolutely have full access to 100% of the assets in that game. Charging for cheat codes is a flatly anti-consumer practice, and shame on you for promoting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    In a few years time video game publishers will all be about "Pay $15 to unlock the next level/zone" Games will be in pieces you will be charging full price for a game and getting supplements fed to you for money.
    Nice slippery slope there. You pay to get skins, abilities and loot sooner, not to unlock premium stuff.

It's got an online ranked mode apparently though.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ed-online-mode