Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    From what I heard dunkin donuts said the cops were at the wrong register. Which is something that can easily be fixed by even the most incompetent worker.
    lul.. yeh.. I'm SURE dunkin donuts would try saying that BS excuse to save face.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    why do these *insert minority leader* always have to bitch about how others perceive *minority* instead of... oh wait if they actually cleaned up their image that would mean they would have to toss a few of the boys under the bus and they can't do that, nope. fuck trying to actually fix their image let's just moan about the people who don't like them.

See how easy it is to make you sound like a bigot? That is all these threads turn into, cop bashing threads that nothing constructive comes out of this, from either side of the debate.
    Oh I forgot cops are forced to be cops and aren't expected to be subject to oversight from their superiors and the communities they serve. Muh bad. Suffice it to say but your comparison sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    lul.. yeh.. I'm SURE dunkin donuts would try saying that BS excuse to save face.
    Well, they did being the manager of that place said it in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    From what I heard dunkin donuts said the cops were at the wrong register. Which is something that can easily be fixed by even the most incompetent worker.
    According to the article posted, they waited in line and were summary ignored. That may have been when they moved to the "wrong register", after they were ignored. That is the part we don't know about since the video has not been shown.
    Hopefully when it does get shown it will show then actually coming into the store and getting into line or not getting into line(whatever the case may be). This will remove all doubt. Hopefully it won't be a video of them just standing at the counter.
    I want to see them entering the business before I can make my mind up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Wow, so much for police officers not wanting people to judge an entire group by the actions of a single individual. I guess they all want to be punished if any of their officers makes a mistake.
    Oh if I could post a picture of a smug anime girl face in response to this without a ban I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Damn, really? Employee was out of line but that police department needs thicker skin. Triggered much?
    I thought the same thing about the gay couple who wanted a certain cake baked.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Oh I forgot cops are forced to be cops and aren't expected to be subject to oversight from their superiors and the communities they serve. Muh bad. Suffice it to say but your comparison sucks.
    First off, someone has to do it. Second, read what I posted, yes there are some bad cops, just like any community has bad people in it. It isn't a bad comparison, because you don't like it. Also, I find it funny that they refuse to sell to the cops, but who the fuck is the first people they are going to call when someone comes in and robs them, shoots up the place, or any number of bad things? Get the fuck out of here with the cop hate.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I thought the same thing about the gay couple who wanted a certain cake baked.
    Not the same thing. For one, the president of the police department union is calling for a boycott of the entire Dunkin Donuts franchise. Basically an entire police department versus an entire large multinational corporation.

A comparable scenario would be all gays calling for boycotts of a multinational baked goods company, like Little Debbie's.

Also I do not think it is acceptable to discriminate against cops, gays, minorities, or anyone else as a business owner. The line between customer rights and business owner rights is oftentimes a hazy one, but to allow companies to discriminate against one group of people sets a terrible legal precedent. It allows for legally justifiable discrimination against all sorts of people, opening a Pandora's Box we can't close.

Sorry you have issues with gay people though.

Quote Originally Posted by Findlyn View Post
    First off, someone has to do it. Second, read what I posted, yes there are some bad cops, just like any community has bad people in it. It isn't a bad comparison, because you don't like it. Also, I find it funny that they refuse to sell to the cops, but who the fuck is the first people they are going to call when someone comes in and robs them, shoots up the place, or any number of bad things? Get the fuck out of here with the cop hate.
    No ones saying otherwise, yeah we need cops, and they need to be held to a standard that is deserving of having that responsibility. Blue isn't a skin tone, it's a job people take up and you can stop being a cop as soon as you take the badge off, so again this comparison to actual minorities is stupid, no matter how you feel about it.

Yeah it's funny and yeah the cops better still show up or get new fucking jobs. It's not hate it's having too high an expectation for people. So how about you make me.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Both sides appear to have this problem. One cop shoots someone when they shouldn't have shot, all cops bad. One person from a certain group shoots a cop, that whole group is bad. There is no middle ground ever.
    I agree, people need to focus on the actual issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Not the same thing. For one, the president of the police department union is calling for a boycott of the entire Dunkin Donuts franchise. Basically an entire police department versus an entire large multinational corporation.

A comparable scenario would be all gays calling for boycotts of a multinational baked goods company, like Little Debbie's.

Also I do not think it is acceptable to discriminate against cops, gays, minorities, or anyone else as a business owner. The line between customer rights and business owner rights is oftentimes a hazy one, but to allow companies to discriminate against one group of people sets a terrible legal precedent. It allows for legally justifiable discrimination against all sorts of people, opening a Pandora's Box we can't close.

Sorry you have issues with gay people though.
    If anyone is triggered its you lol. Was just showing that the same type of people who would say cops are triggered for taking a stand against discrimination, have been triggered themselves in a very similar way before but are being hypocrites now.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If anyone is triggered its you lol. Was just showing that the same type of people who would say cops are triggered for taking a stand against discrimination, have been triggered themselves in a very similar way before but are being hypocrites now.
    I mean, I was pretty clear in my post that it isn't ok for companies to discriminate against ANYONE, including cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Unlike a cop who murders someone, the donuts worker will probably lose their job
    90% of the ones people rioted about were self defense not murder. Michael Brown was not murder and yet that cop's life was still ruined.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Wow, so much for police officers not wanting people to judge an entire group by the actions of a single individual. I guess they all want to be punished if any of their officers makes a mistake.
    More like a business as a whole actually can formally apologize for something that they damn well know they did wrong. Meanwhile let's riot over Michael Brown charging at a cop and trying to steal his weapon after robbing a store.... yupp.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Police are crybabies.

Crying because they can't get donuts.

Go do some training instead, you fat dolts.
    Black people are crybabies. Stop fighting police you racist thugs.

Weird how it doesn't sound that much different.

Seems like an excessive response.. However if the employee doesn't want to do his/her job properly then the person shouldn't have the job in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Where are all the religious freedom folk who always claim that any business can refuse to sell to anyone for any reason with no consequences?
    To be fair, Dunkin' Donuts CAN refuse to sell to anyone it wants. Pretty much any company will tell you that they reserve the right to refuse service. However consequences are impossible to avoid. I honestly really hate when people try to say "They can do X with no consequences" because everything has a consequence. A consequence -by definition- is merely a result of an action.

Nice generalizations there. Let me know when the entire department or union of black people decides to cry together, like the cops do.
    Umm...doesn't that kind of describe BLM?

Nice generalizations there. Let me know when the entire department or union of black people decides to cry together, like the cops do.
    Nice generalizations there. Let me know when the entire department or union of cops people decides to stop doing their job, like the blacks do.

See how bad and bigoted you sound when you just reverse things a little. Paint with a bigger fucking brush, about things you have no idea about outside of what you see in the news, which is reported in ways to not give the full truth/story, but to get views.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    More like a business as a whole actually can formally apologize for something that they damn well know they did wrong. Meanwhile let's riot over Michael Brown charging at a cop and trying to steal his weapon after robbing a store.... yupp.

- - - Updated - - -

Black people are crybabies. Stop fighting police you racist thugs.

Weird how it doesn't sound that much different.
    Do we know "damn well" that the company did wrong? You sound just like the people who swore officer Wilson murdered Michael Brown.

I do enjoy the irony, thanks for the laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    No ones saying otherwise, yeah we need cops, and they need to be held to a standard that is deserving of having that responsibility. Blue isn't a skin tone, it's a job people take up and you can stop being a cop as soon as you take the badge off, so again this comparison to actual minorities is stupid, no matter how you feel about it.

Yeah it's funny and yeah the cops better still show up or get new fucking jobs. It's not hate it's having too high an expectation for people. So how about you make me.
    Skin tone or not, judging a group, based of the actions of a few that get blown out of proportion so that news corporations can make good $$, is bigoted. I said nothing about race. Saying they can take off the badge, is about equivalent of a valid argument as to say that criminals just need to stop doing crimes and they wont have any issues with cops. Good on paper, not practical in reality of it actually happening for various reasons.

and by your logic, its ok to say that the people at dunkin donuts better serve cops, no matter how they feel about them, or get another fucking job.