Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's more likely that some classes will loose their 3rd spec then DH getting it.
    I hope Blizzard won't dilute the class by adding something completely unnecessary.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

Making another spec is akin to making another class. I think future new classes won't have two DPS specs either. It was for the better in Legion since it meant one less weapon to keep up with.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just split havoc in two and beef up each separately. One DPS focuses on martial prowess and the other on magic.

Deleted
    All of the "hero" classes are poorly designed, lack depth, and cater to new players. DKs and DHs in particular ruined pvp for a good period of time respectively. I would rather blizzard improved existing specs rather than constantly adding in new classes and specs every expansion only to spend 12 months with horrendous class balance.

I can not only see them getting a third, but a fourth if other classes ended up going up to four.
    I'd prefer to see DH get ranged-dps and/or healer if they got more specs. More DH mdps or tank specs would be a bit redundant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan has shown abilities as a demon hunter which (I may be wrong) were not available to the current playable version. I could see a caster spec.

Also, whilst I don't see the need for any of the classes needing a fourth spec, I could see shaman mirroring druids and getting a fourth, a proper tank spec maybe?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Only if it's ranged or healing.
    lol actually thought of this some time ago. A kind of dps/dmg to heal type spec. A bit of the way Guldans ability to control the fel as a death magic in order to give and take life. Possibly your fel heals come with a price like the guldan tanking trink. Absorb a sick amount for x time but take increased dmg for a period after. those type of trade offs

Its a bit far fetched ofc but it was fun to think and chat about. (and yes this was just a "lets talk silly wow thing while drinking beer" thing before ppl will feel the need to quote me and say how dumb the idea is:P).

I doubt they'll get a third spec, the tank one is already stretching it and i think trying to force a third would just take it too far and ruin the whole concept of the class

Quote Originally Posted by ItsSpiRo View Post
    lol wat? ...
    If it can work for warriors...

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

I doubt there will be a 3rd spec since 2 appear to be working.

But their initial commentary was: "What would a 3rd spec do anyway? What role would it serve?"

Honestly, while I'm fine with the current DPS Demon Hunter, I definitely think there's room for a different play-style for DPS.
    (I can't speak for tanking, I have no desire to try it but maybe tanking too?)

The current DPS spec doesn't feel as fast and deadly as I'd expect D.H. to feel.
    So they could add another DPS spec that gives you another way to play.

'Bout it, IMO.

A more dot/magic oriented and less melee spec, pretty much like sith assassin's madness spec
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one class is using bows — I'd love to see another.

Although lorewise I don't know if it makes sense.

They might do it in the future but i preffer they would make a true remork on our 2 specs to be consistent. Not cool when you got Havoc spec the devs do know what to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs to be a 2h spec. They follow the path of Illidan, and Illidan could combine the glaives of Azzinoth into two-handed blade.

Hey hey Melee healer, using the Orbs generated from melee attacks to heal people !

New gameplay, balancing nightmare, re-use of Havoc spells => perfect idea

It is called Demon HUNTER, ofc the 3rd spec will be a ranged spec like hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Hmm, in the book, did any Demon hunter try to use a Voidwalker for their ceremony?
    Voidwalkers aren't demons canonically. In game they are for gameplay purposes.

I doubt it. If blizz had an idea for a third spec they'd have given it to DH in Legion. And while some specs have been reworked like Combat > Outlaw and survival going to melee, they haven't outright added a spec to the game with the one exception of splitting feral (cat) and feral (bear) into separate specs in MOP because the new talent and spec system needed single role specs across the board.

Maybe, MAYBE, if they started adding new specs to other classes too as an expansion feature but I don't see this happening either.

10+ Year Old Account
    They already have a 3rd spec... It's called 'Warlock' bwahahaha ha he hmm

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    They already have the only playstyles that make sense lore wise to a DH, a 3rd one would undoubtedly be retcon, not to mention adding yet another melee dps is gonna inevitably take from others even more

- - - Updated - - -

However, I thought Allari the Souleater was unique, maybe a 2h DH spec based around soul magic? I could see that
    Illidan was the teacher/mentor of the illidari and he was an arcane mage that recognized the power of fel and became a demon hunter. That being said though Illidan was a mage at one point so I could see a ranged spec fitting the lore. I think a melee or ranged dps spec based on twisted arcane magic into soul magic would fit current lore of the class. Would be pretty sweet to see that!