Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A bit of a bummer that Blizzard's only interested in us fighting the big baddies. I thought for a few minutes of some more down-to-earth lore that I'd be interested in advancing. We could tie in Void Lord stuff as reasons. Note that I have only a passing knowledge of lore, I apologize for gross errors.

Premise: With the legion out of the way, the Void Lords have stepped out from behind the curtain and seek to destroy Azeroth. We are losing, and we need everything at our disposal to fight them back.

We need the aid of the Dragonflights: The dragons are dying off. Quote: "The whelps that resided within the regrown Sanctum were the very last red whelps there would ever be.". But we're friendly with the Dragon Aspects. We're tasked with searching the ruins of Blackwing Lair for forgotten research..is there any hope for the dragonflights? We need their help. We are on the precipice of destruction -- can we resume research into the chromatic dragonflight, no matter what the cost? How will Wrathion react?

Lady Jaina Proudmoore: Varian spared no expense repairing Stormwind from the attacks of Deathwing and the Legion. Yet theramore Isle remains a crater, and Anduin has no interest in making the horde pay for their crimes. Now Khadgar has the ear of the Council of Six and has them twisted around his finger. Who knows what games he is playing?

There's also more race-related lore I'd be interested in seeing.

Night elves: "Night elves are mortal, possibly forever." Think about this: You've been immortal for 13,000 years (Tyrande and the like), but you suddenly lost your immortality. That's pretty huge! Seems like this is something you'd like to recover at any cost! There's been recent whispers in the dark, that perhaps there's a way...

Orc or Trolls or Tauren: The Horde's gotten the raw end of the deal, with leaders dying left and right and the like. The trolls have been decimated and have had to fight their own kind for a long time (ZG, ZA, Zandalari, etc). With the Legion defeated, millions of worlds are now open to them. Maybe there could be a Horde-only part of an expansion dedicated to colonizing a new land in order to rebuild.

Just some thoughts.

A bit of a bummer that Blizzard's only interested in us fighting the big baddies. I thought for a few minutes of some more down-to-earth lore that I'd be interested in advancing. We could tie in Void Lord stuff as reasons. Note that I have only a passing knowledge of lore, I apologize for gross errors.

Premise: With the legion out of the way, the Void Lords have stepped out from behind the curtain and seek to destroy Azeroth. We are losing, and we need everything at our disposal to fight them back.

We need the aid of the Dragonflights: The dragons are dying off. Quote: "The whelps that resided within the regrown Sanctum were the very last red whelps there would ever be.". But we're friendly with the Dragon Aspects. We're tasked with searching the ruins of Blackwing Lair for forgotten research..is there any hope for the dragonflights? We need their help. We are on the precipice of destruction -- can we resume research into the chromatic dragonflight, no matter what the cost? How will Wrathion react?

Lady Jaina Proudmoore: Varian spared no expense repairing Stormwind from the attacks of Deathwing and the Legion. Yet theramore Isle remains a crater, and Anduin has no interest in making the horde pay for their crimes. Now Khadgar has the ear of the Council of Six and has them twisted around his finger. Who knows what games he is playing? (We know Jaina's going to have some part in the next expansion, this is going down the route of 'void lords got to her', although she had salient points even without that trope).

There's also more race-related lore I'd be interested in seeing.

Night elves: "Night elves are mortal, possibly forever." Think about this: You've been immortal for 13,000 years (Tyrande and the like), but you suddenly lost your immortality. That's pretty huge! Seems like this is something you'd like to recover at any cost! There's been recent whispers in the dark, that perhaps there's a way...

Orc or Trolls or Tauren: The Horde's gotten the raw end of the deal, with leaders dying left and right and the like. The trolls have been decimated and have had to fight their own kind for a long time (ZG, ZA, Zandalari, etc). With the Legion defeated, millions of worlds are now open to them. Maybe there could be a Horde-only part of an expansion dedicated to colonizing a new land in order to rebuild.

Just some thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because they're retarded
    Or perhaps you just have no clue about the topic

The Void Lore themselves could be considered a newly established threat pulled out from Blizzard. Although the Void or Shadow is no new threat. The Void Lords themselves are rather new and are to be the Be all End All. I believe Blizzard is very capable of making both new and old threats present in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    People who think WoWs days are numbered just because eventually it's going to run out of lore. Even once every possible thing from WC3 is exhausted what makes you think they can't just make up new lore?

Look at Pandaria. Almost all of its lore was pulled out of their asses. Yes WC3 had pandaren as a throwaway joke(that were stereotypically Japanese rather than Chinese no less), but everything else about the expansion and it's story was pulled from thin air. Yet I see so many people thinking that once all existing threats have been defeated that Blizzard is just gonna throw their hands up and say "well, shit. No more lore? Guess that means WoW is over." . It's almost as illogical as the people who thought for sure that once we hit level 100 that'd be it for WoW.
    Because, frankly, there is only so much more lore they can beat from Metzen's tattered corpse (Oh yeah, he's still there. They only made you THINK he left) until we get another Warlords of Draenor.

The problem, in reality, isn't them running out of lore. It's how much of their old lore they are going to be willing to retcon to make their new lore systems and universal origins work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peteralan View Post
    The Void Lore themselves could be considered a newly established threat pulled out from Blizzard. Although the Void or Shadow is no new threat. The Void Lords themselves are rather new and are to be the Be all End All. I believe Blizzard is very capable of making both new and old threats present in the World of Warcraft.
    Void lords, as a threat/entity/being have been established since as early as TBC in game, but possibly even earlier (Creation of the Ashbringer was taking a fallen naaru's "void crystal" and imbuing it with light). They are definitely not a new threat, not even in name.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

For me, power creep is a bigger threat to the lore than simply running out of ideas. We have a fairly good idea of what the Warcraft universe looks like in terms of power level pecking order by now, even if we haven't explored more than a few planets, and we're climbing up that ladder pretty fast. It's a fairly common problem in comic books and such, and eventually it leads to a restart of some kind. Either that or a serious amount of retconning or alternate realities or some bogus is required, and that's never a good idea.

The bottom line is that there's no reason to care about "random demon Blorgarfart" showing up, because we've already flattened KJ and Archimonde. We know for a fact that they were the top dawgs in the absence of Sargeras, so anyone else is going to be irrelevant. Blorgarfart would be little more than a speed bump to our current set of heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Also chronicle says nope
    Legion pretty much tells us that Chronicle is a guide book, not the beginning and the ending of all Warcraft lore. Not entering on all little details that the class quests lore brought, I'm talking about the Argus being a world soul and that Sargeras is reviving the Titans.

Lore can and still is be added all the time.

Blizzard can do whatever they want. WoW will never run out of lore as long as they want it. Also, there is the whole twisting nether out there. I think people are a little too eager to jump in the hate train towards Blizzard and ignore the fact that the lore has been expanded so much that they can do whatever they want.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by peteralan View Post
    Void lords are Nothing new. Just the leaders of void elementals. We will fight the prime void probably same expansion as nzoth its thes same allied faction

Void lords are Nothing new. Just the leaders of void elementals. We will fight the prime void probably same expansion as nzoth its thes same allied faction
    No we won't.
    N'zoth is nothing compared to the void lords. Even Sargeras feared the void lords and the Old Gods were merely a nuisance for him.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Legion pretty much tells us that Chronicle is a guide book, not the beginning and the ending of all Warcraft lore. Not entering on all little details that the class quests lore brought, I'm talking about the Argus being a world soul and that Sargeras is reviving the Titans.

Lore can and still is be added all the time.
    And the titans hook is closed. At 7.3 finale

All thats left is azhsara nzoth the the void lord they use as the prime one. Probably dimensius

Deleted
    The Great Darkness Beyond and the Twisting Nether are full of possibilities. Races powerful enough to create problems after the Legion's dominion is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazakov View Post
    No we won't.
    N'zoth is nothing compared to the void lords. Even Sargeras feared the void lords and the Old Gods were merely a nuisance for him.
    Nzoth is the last old god capable of turning azeroth. Sargeras feared the creation of a dark titan. Otherwise he didnt give a fuck about the void before. Go read

All thats left is azhsara nzoth the the void lord they use as the prime one. Probably dimensius
    Yeah, you have no clue about the lore do you ?
    Dimensius is not "the prime one", even Xal'atath dismisses him as a merely "fragment" of the true void lords. There is A LOT between N'zoth and the Void Lords that we have no clue about.

Deleted
    Uh, it was "closed" with their death in the Chronicle. And that didn't stopped Blizzard in finding a way of bringing them back.

Nzoth is the last old god capable of turning azeroth. Every other ppssible villan is a fuckin nobody next to nzoth and azshara post legion
    Nothing stops the Void Lords of throwing more Old Gods into Azeroth.

Seriously, many people on this thread can easily create lore for countless new expansions, and we are amateurs, but somehow Blizzard, with professional writers, can't?

Nzoth is the last old god capable of turning azeroth. Every other ppssible villan is a fuckin nobody next to nzoth and azshara post legion
    No it's not since Yogg and C'thun aren't dead. We merely sent them back to Ny'alotha. They are contained and not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    The Great Darkness Beyond and the Twisting Nether are full of possibilities. Races powerful enough to create problems after the Legion's dominion is gone.
    Except nothing has been establish and the very last cast set. Whos masters are the ultimate endgame are being pushed heavilyin legion

Deleted
    No it's not since Yogg and C'thun aren't dead. We merely sent them back to Ny'alotha. They are contained and not dead.
    They are dead. Blizzard confirmed it. But it doesn't mean they can't be resurrected (like Cho'gall tried in comics).

Theyre dead

Chogall failed rezzing cthun
    Yogg says his corpse will choke the world
    Xalatal in legion says many times Nzoth is the LAST

Deleted
    Except nothing has been establish and the very last cast set. Whos masters are the ultimate endgame are being pushed heavilyin legion
    The Eredar/Draenei story was built from one sentence in WC2 manual. The artifacts just dumped a crap of new tidbits that can easily expanded, including races that even the Legion had difficulty of destroying.