Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's full viper now as the current meta though you can get away with anything in open world
    Maybe that will change with the balance changes because they decreased the benefit of condi food quite a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Maybe that will change with the balance changes because they decreased the benefit of condi food quite a lot.
    No it will just require more pieces of viper instead of mixing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No it will just require more pieces of viper instead of mixing
    Which will decrease the condi DPS. Zerk gear will remain the same. In other words, zerk will be more viable than before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I barely ever play gw2, but I really would like to see the zones in this expansion; I kinda have an affinity with desert zones.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Which will decrease the condi DPS. Zerk gear will remain the same. In other words, zerk will be more viable than before.
    Not really. There are more benefits to getting 100% condition duration than straight damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    The food change means everyone isn't going to be running condi builds on VG. Power builds aren't bad or underpowered, Condi builds just go out of hand so it made sense to take condi over power.

Its like going to store for a loaf of bread but bread is on sale buy one|get one free. You only need one but bet you take two because why not? Raids and fractals are tuned for a mix of power and condi (power is actually stronger in fractals but condi make runs easier because you can kite/kill stuff in downed due to condi duration) but condi has gotten so out of hand why bring power unless a boss is strong against condi"? So what they are doing is normalizing (nerfing if you don't know what normalizing is but whats actually going on is more nuanced) instead of buffing power, creating a bigger power creep than the one that already exist. In a game where equip tiers dont go up you really have to be careful when you buff a stat.

- - - Updated - - -

New mechanic for POF - Barrier. Something I think GW2 needed for the longest. Thing of it as a temporary shield that you might find in a FPS or something like a disc priest in WoW.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post

I think I did pretty well. Some of these hairstyles and faces are gorgeous.

finally some decent beards

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingPeanut View Post
    finally some decent beards
    Aye. I just wish they'd give Norn some love on facial hair. I'd also like some for Asura, even if it's just moustaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Aye. I just wish they'd give Norn some love on facial hair. I'd also like some for Asura, even if it's just moustaches.
    I'd love for some love in general for the other races. It's been like 2 years since the charr got new faces and those ones were awful. It bothers me that their store advertises 'new faces' but has nothing at all saying 'humans only' as it just comes off as trying to trick players into buying the kits just to see nothing is there for the other races.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2017-08-06 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    I'd love for some love in general for the other races. It's been like 2 years since the charr got new faces and those ones were awful. It bothers me that their store advertises 'new faces' but has nothing at all saying 'humans only' as it just comes off as trying to trick players into buying the kits just to see nothing is there for the other races.
    You don't need to buy kits to preview new faces/hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    as pacox said, you don't need to buy a kit to preview it. There is a cosmetic preview NPC in every major city.

Deleted
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X86pWOnjqHQ

Nice video about the designing goals of the elite specs.
    Sad to see it was Robert that was in charge of Mirage tho, pretty much a death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbas View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X86pWOnjqHQ

Nice video about the designing goals of the elite specs.
    Sad to see it was Robert that was in charge of Mirage tho, pretty much a death sentence.
    Yup. Mirage is a hot mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Mirage was one of the new elite specs that just sounded like the regular class to me. Stealth? Illusions? Blur? Those are the new design ideas you had? Really? Probably just gonna be "Regular Mesmer but with a trait line full of OP stuff that you'll be obligated to take."

Firebrand sounds the same way. It's like...literally the current Burn Guard spec. Focuses on burning damage? Gives up group support for personal damage? Really? That's literally the spec that people already play. What is happening? ><
    Guardians are going from being dragon hunters to...well, simply being dragons and burning all the things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Guardians are going from being dragon hunters to...well, simply being dragons and burning all the things.
    "A consistent, underpinning theme for the class leading to interesting and thematically appropriate specializations? Why would we ever do that?!"

Never going to not be salty about that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Core guardian has had its support buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "A consistent, underpinning theme for the class leading to interesting and thematically appropriate specializations? Why would we ever do that?!"

Never going to not be salty about that shit.
    I liked DH for it giving guardian a legit ranged weapon option; like you, I wasn't fond of the emphasis on traps with it (I believe we had that discussion at one point?).

I will only say this much concerning Firebrand: Try it first. No, I don't think it sounds remotely interesting, either, but previews and such can be misleading.

Case example: Before FF14's Stormblood xpac, when they previewed the new changes and stuff for the jobs there, people were shitting bricks over how awful White Mage was gonna be because they didn't do this and that and whatever. While it has received a number of significant changes after xpac launch, it was far from being a pile of dogshit as the Reddit hivemind (among other online communities) had predicted it to be.

I mean, Weaver sounds neato to me, but for all I know it could turn out to be a turd in implementation. I doubt it will, but hey, never know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Mirage was one of the new elite specs that just sounded like the regular class to me. Stealth? Illusions? Blur? Those are the new design ideas you had? Really? Probably just gonna be "Regular Mesmer but with a trait line full of OP stuff that you'll be obligated to take."
    Not even mad about no new mechanics, but we all know what happened to chrono. Everything chrono brought to the table was nerfed, shortly after the release, into oblivion, the only slight advantage is the f5, apart from that you're better off playing core mesmer.

Man...logged into to work on completing the last of the living story and...I'm finding it hard to get interested/excited/care. Made some progress but didn't last too long before getting bored.

I'm legit worried that HoT has largely killed my interest in the game, I know the amount of time I've spent in it compared to classic is orders of magnitude lower, and I haven't regularly logged in since the expansion launched and I stopped playing shortly thereafter.

Damnit, I'm the type of player Anet needs to bring back into the game and get regularly playing/spending money again. Their financials are not great (game is still making money, but this last quarter is still on the decline and they're nearly at half of their revenue in the quarters leading up to HoT...and that was during the yearlong content drought, while HoT is still receiving quarterly updates). They need to grow the game again, at the very least bringing back their lapsed players who left at/after HoT.

I know a lot of current players are pretty hype for the expansion, but they need to broaden far beyond that if they're going to have a chance of coming close to the levels of success they saw during classic, again.

And what exactly could they do to get you excited without pissing off their existing fanbase? Not to say you are at odds with any of it but there are certain things that would be detrimental to the current fans even if they brought in a few returning players (such as a level cap raise, there would be a mass exodus)