Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Unhappy Why are we not discussing Mythic KJ reward?

In the end, the reward for killing Mythic Kil'Jaeden, the final boss of a tier, is nothing.
    How come no one is complaining about this ?
    Are you guys ok with this? Like ... for real ? It could have been some neat transmog, not necessarily a mount, but there should have been at least a mount ... as a sign of minimal respect, as tradition dictates.
    If you're gonna tell me they did it for the class mounts, that's really stupid. I hate my class mount, btw. It looks just like a recolor of an older model of drake. I wouldn't be happy if that's the explanation...
    Regardless of that, I understand many people do not raid mythic and do not share this concern, but still ... the ones who, do, how do you feel about this? I'm surprised I don't see anything related.

The reward is the title, experience, loot, and completion of a tier. Its not a final tier, its no big deal, not everything needs to have additional special rewards. They stop being additional and special, ex: legendaries.

The only thing I could discuss is lack fo the Mythic only phase... They really dissapointed me. Kil'jaeden deserved one.

Hmm... I guess I see your point, though... it's Kil'freakin'Jaeden ... the boss of Gul'dan (which gave a mount, ground mount but at least something).

Give it a couple months when there's more than 100 people who have killed him and you'll start hearing the bitching.

It is pretty lame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Erm, there have problably been a dozen+ thread's over the last month of people complaining, they are very much discussing it lol.

For me, a huge motivation to play during Warlords was solely the thought of getting my hands on those insanely cool mounts from Blackhand and Archimonde. These two figures PALE in comparison to the one named Kil'Jaeden and this is the treatment that he gets...
    No mythic only phase and no other reward than title, which is like automatic anyway... you can get it after the expansion from the first kill. It's not like it's gonna drop to 1% or be rare in any way...

Because people capable of killing Mythic KJ aren't entitled crybabies like LFR heroes.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The reward is spending money changing some of your raiders to goblins.

I'd imagine because very few people have (and ever will) kill him while he's still relevant content. It's kind of a bummer that he didn't get the usual reward associated with final bosses, but in the grand scheme of things it's a really tiny concern compared to the things that bother most people about the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    The only thing I could discuss is lack fo the Mythic only phase... They really dissapointed me. Kil'jaeden deserved one.
    Definitely. Thinking back on how epic the KJ fight in Sunwell was. This version seems a bit lack luster.

Tradition dictates? You must be new to WoW and only played in nighthold. Not every end boss has a mount drop. Lei'Shen/Ra'den for example placed the exact same tier wise and KJ and had not mount.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-08-09 at 12:45 AM.

The feeling of killing a boss probably 90% of the player base won't kill? That and the achievement is all I really want as a reward. Mounts/Xmog ultimately mean nothing to Mythic Raiders in my experience.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

For how difficult a fight it is, and the amount of effort it takes even just to get there, there certainly should be at least a mount.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Tradition dictates? You must be new to WoW and only played in nighthold. Not every end boss has a mount drop. Lei'Shen/Ra'den for example placed the exact same tier wise and KJ and had not mount.
    That's kind of a poor argument, seeing how killing one unlocked an otherwise inaccessible boss.

Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    For me, a huge motivation to play during Warlords was solely the thought of getting my hands on those insanely cool mounts from Blackhand and Archimonde. These two figures PALE in comparison to the one named Kil'Jaeden and this is the treatment that he gets...
    No mythic only phase and no other reward than title, which is like automatic anyway... you can get it after the expansion from the first kill. It's not like it's gonna drop to 1% or be rare in any way...
    And did you get those insanely cool mounts?
    Beta Club Brosquad

I find it odd that KJ doesnt drop Tier... Having one of the Tier pieces drop from GD was one of the reasons it felt good to clear him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Every end of tier boss since Garrosh has dropped a mount on mythic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time i've checked it gave you FoS, a title and loot. You entitlement is kinda discouraging, especially for someone who didn't kill kil'jaeden mythic. And don't tell me that you didn't kill him just because there is no reward to do so... You didn't kill him because you can not, barely a 500 of players killed him and this itself is a reward
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by emilpor View Post
    In the end, the reward for killing Mythic Kil'Jaeden, the final boss of a tier, is nothing.
    How come no one is complaining about this ?
    Are you guys ok with this? Like ... for real ? It could have been some neat transmog, not necessarily a mount, but there should have been at least a mount ... as a sign of minimal respect, as tradition dictates.
    If you're gonna tell me they did it for the class mounts, that's really stupid. I hate my class mount, btw. It looks just like a recolor of an older model of drake. I wouldn't be happy if that's the explanation...
    Regardless of that, I understand many people do not raid mythic and do not share this concern, but still ... the ones who, do, how do you feel about this? I'm surprised I don't see anything related.
    I actually think it is okay. It seems like Blizzard is doing Wrath cycle of rewards, having every 2nd raid be rewarding a mount and also having an extra phase. Also we havent heard too many people complain about (You are actually the first to make a thread), so it does not seem like it is a problem for the mythic raiders

In the end, it is just a mount and i can happily say, that Legion is full of those, both good and greats.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.