Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Ummm, no. Even cavemen humans had empathy. They wouldn't just kill another simply because the were unusual, especially since they traveled with family and a mother/father still had a familial bond with the autist. The biggest proof I have for this theory is that Autism still exists... If we killed every autist back in the day, their genes would have been wiped out by today.
    Cavemen bashed the heads of their children open to eat their brains and raped each other regularly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I was born in Russia; was nonverbal till 3, and then my mother said, one day, out of the blue, (in Russian) I asked her “why is the moon and stars so far away.” My first full sentence. She freaked out... apparently...
    I'd like to think it was the dead of night and out of the blue she sees an outline in the doorway with you saying that in Russian in a creepy child's voice lol.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by sykol View Post
    of course people would think autism is an advancement, judging by half the population.
    reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This whole post is crazy shit! Who would ever consider an autistic person advanced aside from Jim Carrey and his partner in crime Jenny McCarthy? Autistic people are known to be inferior to the rest of us. Its not even a debate. Its fact. The only time that autistic people ever get nod as to being possibly better then the average human being is when they are savants... They can do weird things really really well, better then most humans but cant wipe their asses, or feed themselves, etc. etc.

Whats the next title of your next post OP? Are pesticides/herbicides actually REALLY REALLY good for nature?

Deleted
    Depends on whether or not autism becomes a dominant trait or not.

Evolution is selection, what sticks is "evolved". That does not mean that it necessarily needs to be better or worse.

people often say everyone has a problem
    well I'm autistic and schizophrenic but I got no problem ffs!
    hit & run posting lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    This is complete and utter nonsense and is a made up idea there is only one way to devolve humans, and that is through incest, or trying to keep genes pure which they weren't made to do.
    My comment was tongue-in-cheek, more of a reaction to the idea that autistic individuals are somehow more evolved or enlightened than any kind of real notion that they're subhuman.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Absomal View Post
    What about Higher Functioning Autism? Asperger's Syndrome?
    While I've had considerable experience during past work with autistic teens/adults, it was entirely limited to the developmentally disabled community due to the nature of the work. I'm not really qualified to judge; none of these individuals were going to win any Nobel prizes due to their intellectual abilities.

As far as aspies, I've known a number of them at the college I attended. None were particularly bright (unless they had some rain man shit going on that I was not aware of, but they were in my major and were complete shit at it), and most seemed more interested in awkwardly arguing due to a pronounced lack of social skills than contributing to society or the academy. A couple in particular seemed to be pretty paranoid too, and were constantly filing complaints about nonexistent offenses by the students and faculty who really tried to work with them.

Just my anecdotal experiences, but from my perspective if "some of the greatest scientists of our time" happened to be on the spectrum, it's probably due more to coincidence than any kind of real correlation.

i'd say so.

world would be better with more autistic people and less brodudes, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd say so.

world would be better with more autistic people and less brodudes, that's for sure.
    Would be far worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Would be far worse.
    i detest the club scene, so the loss of that type of person would please me greatly.

so, it would be far better for me.

Hah. What a load of bullshit.
    You've been reading too many comics, OP.

Of course not that makes no sense. Merging with technology what the fuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's a weird mix of transhumanism and belief in intelligent design.
    Ironically, the post very much feels like it was written by someone with autistic traits, which would explain the ridiculous "autists-are-super-humans" theory.

You can't be serious.
    95% of autists are useless.
    Just like 95% of the ones without it.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-08-09 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope not. It's a pretty dismal 'evolution'.

Every autist I've met has been a distraction to everyone else around them whilst simultaneously being incapable of doing anything without help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I hope not. It's a pretty dismal 'evolution'.
    Every autist I've met has been a distraction to everyone else around them whilst simultaneously being incapable of doing anything without help.
    You probably met more, it's just easy to see who has what when they can't do shit and keeps on using "I'm autistic" as a excuse (at times) over and over again. Guessing that around 20-25% of the entire human race has a form of PDDNOS.
    With more accurate screening and advances in both technology and psychiatry the numbers have been growing rapidly.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-08-09 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absomal View Post
    There is no longer a need for social interaction in today's age, our technology allows us to keep in constant contact with no interruptions or impediments anymore...
    I'd love to bring you to a lone island with unlimited food/water/medical supplies but no people around. You'll have all existing technology available but no phone, email, no chats, no forums and no other way to contact and get contacted by others.

Let's see how that goes for you =). Ah yeah your argument will be it won't work for you because your not autistic and not evolved. Ok than lets do that with a single autistic and see how he fares.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    I'd love to bring you to a lone island with unlimited food/water/medical supplies but no people around. You'll have all existing technology available but no phone, email, no chats, no forums and no other way to contact and get contacted by others.

Let's see how that goes for you =). Ah yeah your argument will be it won't work for you because your not autistic and not evolved. Ok than lets do that with a single autistic and see how he fares.
    Sounds like a realistic scenario
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    i might have my terminology wrong if so my bad. what i meant is people with aspergers are on the autism spectrum at the high end who some of the best doctors and sentient ect are.
    That isn't what Asperger's is. Like I said before, they are where they are in spite of their disability, not because of it. They are also incredibly rare. Intelligence isn't a side effect of Asperger's, and the extreme focus portion of Asperger's isn't some sort of super power. They can't choose what they get focused on. Not to mention reduced motor function and speaking ability aren't going to help you reach the top of your field.

In absolutely no way.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh