Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Terrorist attack in Paris? Car rams French soldiers, wounding six

A car has struck a group of soldiers in a Paris suburb, injuring six, two seriously, police say.

Police sources say a man has been shot and arrested after they intercepted the car on a motorway north of the capital.

The soldiers were injured outside a barracks in the north-western suburb of Levallois-Perret on Wednesday morning.

The Paris prosecutor said the attack was "attempted killings... in relation to a terrorist undertaking"; anti-terror police are investigating.

France has been under a state of emergency since November 2015.

On 13 November, 130 people were killed in a night of carnage in Paris, and more than 100 have been killed in jihadist attacks since.

They include a string of assaults on the heavily armed security forces who now dot the streets of the capital - the last only four days ago.

Wednesday's attack at about 08:15 local time (06:15 GMT) took place outside a military barracks on the Place de Verdun in Levallois-Perret, the local mayor, Patrick Balkany, told BFMTV.

He said he had no doubt that the "disgusting" act was deliberate.
    Car 'lay in wait'

He said a vehicle had been waiting in the road for the soldiers to emerge as they came on duty.

"It was a BMW which accelerated very quickly the moment they came out."

A resident in a nearby block of flats, Jean-Claude Veillant, told reporters he saw part of the attack.

"I heard a loud noise, the sound of scraping metal. Shortly after, I saw one of the badly wounded lying in front of the Vigipirate [army patrol] vehicle and another one behind it receiving treatment," he said.

The injured soldiers are being treated at the Percy military hospital in Clamart, but their precise condition has not been made public.
    Recent attacks on Paris security services
    Image copyright EPA

• Last Saturday, a young man tried to force his way into the Eiffel Tower with a knife, shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is Greatest). A source said he told investigators he wanted to kill a soldier
    • In June, police shot a man who attacked an officer with a hammer outside the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris
    • In April, an attacker shot dead a policeman on the Champs-Elysees. The assailant, later named as convicted criminal Karim Cheurfi, was shot dead by security forces
    • In February, a man armed with a machete attacked a security patrol at Paris's Louvre Museum

This is sad, what is wrong with people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post

A car has struck a group of soldiers in a Paris suburb, injuring six, two seriously, police say.

Police sources say a man has been shot and arrested after they intercepted the car on a motorway north of the capital.

The soldiers were injured outside a barracks in the north-western suburb of Levallois-Perret on Wednesday morning.

The Paris prosecutor said the attack was "attempted killings... in relation to a terrorist undertaking"; anti-terror police are investigating.

France has been under a state of emergency since November 2015.

On 13 November, 130 people were killed in a night of carnage in Paris, and more than 100 have been killed in jihadist attacks since.

They include a string of assaults on the heavily armed security forces who now dot the streets of the capital - the last only four days ago.

Wednesday's attack at about 08:15 local time (06:15 GMT) took place outside a military barracks on the Place de Verdun in Levallois-Perret, the local mayor, Patrick Balkany, told BFMTV.

He said he had no doubt that the "disgusting" act was deliberate.
    Car 'lay in wait'

He said a vehicle had been waiting in the road for the soldiers to emerge as they came on duty.

"It was a BMW which accelerated very quickly the moment they came out."

A resident in a nearby block of flats, Jean-Claude Veillant, told reporters he saw part of the attack.

"I heard a loud noise, the sound of scraping metal. Shortly after, I saw one of the badly wounded lying in front of the Vigipirate [army patrol] vehicle and another one behind it receiving treatment," he said.

The injured soldiers are being treated at the Percy military hospital in Clamart, but their precise condition has not been made public.
    Recent attacks on Paris security services
    Image copyright EPA

• Last Saturday, a young man tried to force his way into the Eiffel Tower with a knife, shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is Greatest). A source said he told investigators he wanted to kill a soldier
    • In June, police shot a man who attacked an officer with a hammer outside the Notre-Dame cathedral in Paris
    • In April, an attacker shot dead a policeman on the Champs-Elysees. The assailant, later named as convicted criminal Karim Cheurfi, was shot dead by security forces
    • In February, a man armed with a machete attacked a security patrol at Paris's Louvre Museum

This is sad, what is wrong with people.
    I could tell you, but i dont want to get banned

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    With the world as it is, this will keep happening. Just listen to the Mayor of London, terrorist attacks are just part of urban living

Sigh. Sometimes I wish Star Trek was real.

Least then we'd transcend human differences and actually respect things as unique individual corner of the universe.

Deleted
    Luckily no one dead, so that's a relief at least.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    I could tell you, but i dont want to get banned
    Pretty much mmochamp has gotten to the point that calling out the blatantly obvious is a bannable offence.

Their favourite choice of attack since vehicles are so readily available compared to guns, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Pretty much mmochamp has gotten to the point that calling out the blatantly obvious is a bannable offence.
    They have to appease their PC God somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Their favourite choice of attack since vehicles are so readily available compared to guns, so...

- - - Updated - - -

They have to appease their PC God somehow.
    Glad this isn't america, they could be better equipped than most nations militaries without even trying that hard.

Deleted
    Nothing will come of this, people have lost their balls.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post

Least then we'd transcend human differences and actually respect things as unique individual corner of the universe.
    This please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite unfortunate. The problem is indeed obvious.

Lack of education, generations of inbreeding, extremism and violence inducing religious views coupled with stupid overly leftist locals letting thousands of potential jihadists enter their homes with impunity.

When they say we brought this upon ourselves, they are not wrong... Reversed "First they came for..." in action.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, it offends people who wish to plug their ears. We see whats happening in the Levant, North Korea, South America/Central America, yet we think nothing bad will happen because of it. Indifference has lead to so much conflict, its really sad to see it happening again.

10+ Year Old Account
    More crazy terrorists doing crazy shit... these sort of things don't even shock me anymore. If anything terrorists have become the real life forum trolls, all they want is a reaction. They want anarchy, they want us to be angry, they want us to make us hate them that way they can garner more supporters from those we hate against, the innocent through our fear.

Of course knowing the attitudes of most on these forums, are already giving into the terrorists.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-09 at 02:30 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Now for the important question - Has Trump condemned it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Given the clear absence of Muslims in Star trek, and the fact that the uniting of the earth comes to be after the Eugenic wars...
    I'm not sure you mean that.

Actually wish Babylon 5 was real, where humanity ultimately transcends violence and physicality and become energy based.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Now for the important question - Has Trump condemned it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Given the clear absence of Muslims in Star trek, and the fact that the uniting of the earth comes to be after the Eugenic wars...
    I'm not sure you mean that.
    Well, to be honest... Spock's actor Leonard Nimoy came from a Jewish family and the "Live Long and Prosper" with the hand gesture is actually a Jewish - it's still being used today . So the fact that there is a lack of any religious acceptance actor wise, is nil and to be honest Star Trek has humans and aliens of all colours, creeds and so on working together is the point. It showed the first interracial relationship of Humans on it. Getting past the differences.

Yes there's conflict. But the fact they can address that conflict as a unified group of individuals across the universe is the point. Not to mention, it is a tv show that spanned past the 60-80s version and grew more violent and interesting as out society deemed it to be worthy in watching. IThe original carnations that I am speaking of wasn't really that violent, it was meant to be acceptable for most ages, even children being toddlers and such.

I'm guessing you're talking about the later stuff? I was talking about the actual 1966 version, you know the original shit. Not the stuff escalated to fit into our malformed society, where being aggressive and stuff carries the show. Sorry, you missed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually wish Babylon 5 was real, where humanity ultimately transcends violence and physicality and become energy based.
    I have to say I haven't watched that so I wouldn't be able to comment on it but that's probably even better.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-08-09 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    I could tell you, but
    Indeed...........

Surprised there is no topic on the latest child sex abuse scandal that has just been reported in the UK....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockyreg View Post
    Surprised there is no topic on the latest child sex abuse scandal that has just been reported in the UK....
    This the one you are thinking about: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...f-sex-grooming

Deleted
    I'm guessing you're talking about the later stuff? I was talking about the actual 1966 version, you know the original shit. Not the stuff escalated to fit into our malformed society, where being aggressive and stuff carries the show. Sorry, you missed it.
    It was raised in the original series.