Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There can be no "," before "and". Lulz.
    Reading this thread a day late, but just wanted to correct you here: ',' absolutely may be used before 'and'. Look up 'Oxford comma'.

I have no other opinion on this 'leak' one way or another, I just wanted to inform you :P

If someone else already has, woops.

Reads like Cataclysm and WoD had a ugly baby.

Which means this trash is probably legit.

If Blizzard wants to hasten WoW's death, this is how you do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BedlamBros View Post

I kinda agree. I hate the concept so much that I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. The concept is so basic that it makes sense that Blizzard would take a 'path of least resistance' in not adding any new classes or races this expansion all while setting up the story to deal with the eventual Void Lords without actually doing a full blown South Seas or Naga expansion that everyone wants immediately. But like you said, it reeks of Cata and WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I actually think this is the most believe leak! I don't think the date is release date it's just the date they would announce or post the article or something like that.
    "Me not that kind of Orc!" -- ♥ ♥YouTube ♥ ♥

10+ Year Old Account
    The most obscure it is, the more legitimate it is:

Exibit A - This http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-chinese-forum was a legit leak thread, unlike all the fangasms ''wishlist'' expansions people keep making.

That one was a meme and a half.
    using GoldenYaks logo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good grief. That is one crappy and disappointing list of expansion details.

No details on how the codex of creation works. It's supposed to enhance your spells? Okaay...
    Silly race/class combos. Pandaren Death Knight? Get outta here.
    Reviving dead things that should stay dead. Leave Hakkar alone.
    Warships? Please. Can you imagine piloting a warship around the sea... doing what exactly? It's a glorified ground mount. Really dumb idea when you think about it.

I think Blizzard has something way more exciting than this heap of crap list.
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2017-08-09 at 08:01 PM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't sound fun at all tbh...my biggest worry is how they are going to top the threat level of the burning legion... azshara raiding coastlines with naga doesn't seem that interesting after an infinite army of intergalactic demonic beings with space ships...

10+ Year Old Account
    The writing is atrocious enough that nobody with English as their first language should ever believe this is real.

EDIT: Actually, while the writing is terrible, the feature list seems accurate. So maybe it's not fake and they just put Christie Golden on the job of writing their hype copy.
    Last edited by videotape; 2017-08-09 at 08:08 PM.

Is it possible to somehow find out if the picture that was leaked would result in a text written in the same manner as this guy leaked it? That would make it a LOT more believable.

New Character Customization Features expanded with new textures, models, animations, and voices.

subrace?

Deleted

With all the denial I totally want this to be legit now. Not to kill WoW, but seriously. The "this can't possibly be legit" crown is louder than with the Wrath 2.0 "leak" and the Naga Empire hogwash posted by Jaylock. It would be so funny if this ends up being true. Even funnier if it ends up being better than Legion. Which is pretty likely with the old world revamp and progression change.

Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    The writing is atrocious enough that nobody with English as their first language should ever believe this is real.

EDIT: Actually, while the writing is terrible, the feature list seems accurate. So maybe it's not fake and they just put Christie Golden on the job of writing their hype copy.
    The feature list could easily be cobbled up by anyone reading these threads. Dragon Isles, Nazjatar, anything Kul'tiras based on the datamines were all things mentioned recently like the 8.0 threads. Making up lore about current lore characters ain't that hard. Then they can parrot all the talk about new races, classes or class combos, and having ships in a sea-related expo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Although it reads as an amalgam of suspected story-lines in these speculation threads, everything lines up just believable enough. Blizz has kept their word with the new story-telling design and patching with Legion, and I think this is going to just be a continuation. In most ways, WoW is built on the D3 format now, I suggest people get used to the idea of patches as seasons - and for them to come out as regularly for a while (possibly expansions too).

Now, it also comes off a little sparse, content wise but that's because some of the features are worded vaguely. It does however edge that line of new/but old concepts/assets w/ new animations, ships, WQs, pillars of creation, key characters and similar art assets (more titan/void stuff), etc. that Legion has already set up. And the features that don't look lifted or put to new purpose, like the Codex of Creation/Titan Artifacts, sounds like a condensed but continued Legendary/artifact trait/relic system. The mention of talent/spell specialization also reminds me of D3 skill system.

I think when evaluating these leaks, or Blizzard in general now-a-days, people tend to analyze the likelihood of the story, or feasibility of the concepts, or timing, w/e. Not enough analyzing of Ion, the direction and the shift of the design. Obviously WoW isn't maintained by one person, but the ship has clearly steered straight once he became game director prior to Legion, or just before - something I think attributed to the sudden blunder of WoD. He's turned the patching cycle into a rigid system, and the idea of steady content a reality (so far) and continues to casually remind people to be ready for more, cause it's coming. I think having an expansion, or more realistically the pre-patch drop in January would silence in doubters about the sustainability of WoW and content (although the leak says 1/26, it's pretty damn close to the 1/24 77 day benchmark).

My only hesitation is the date, and the too-tailored nature of the entire concept. But both of which are increasingly less suspect as Blizzard (or Ion) proves they're going to let the content flow every 77 days.

P.S. I like everything listed in the leak, so have some bias.

Weird, this leak stays up but the one posted earlier today gets taken down...

Deleted
    I love stuff like this! Big fan of fan concept expasions. Usually have some novel ideas.

The fake leak bit is annoying. Just be honest say this is your idea for the next expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    With all the denial I totally want this to be legit now. Not to kill WoW, but seriously. The "this can't possibly be legit" crown is louder than with the Wrath 2.0 "leak" and the Naga Empire hogwash posted by Jaylock. It would be so funny if this ends up being true. Even funnier if it ends up being better than Legion. Which is pretty likely with the old world revamp and progression change.
    Legion was good because of end content and the new class. No one gives two shits about going through revamped world content. Cataclysm proved that. If you revamp the old world and give 110+ players just three zones, and some customization options, you can kiss a few more million subscribers goodbye.

Legion was good because of end content and the new class. No one gives two shits about going through revamped world content. Cataclysm proved that. If you revamp the old world and give 110+ players just three zones, and some customization options, you can kiss a few more million subscribers goodbye.
    Couldn't the end content be the success of this supposed expansion?
    Perhaps the intent is to focus everything on the new zones for 110+ until a patch or two in. Simply because there -could- be plenty enough among three zones like that to last until the revamped stuff becomes narrative for 120's and it's all scaled?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    The demon hunter did definitely carry the expansion along with the frequent content drops for sure.
    These two things made Legion successful.