Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMO-champion the Anti-Rift site

just come from the very popular site MMo-champion and i was shocked to see how much Rift hate is going on there even the moderators are banning and closing threads that praise Rift and only keeping open the ones from fan boys bassicly saying how terrible rift is for no other reason besides some warped sense of loyalty on blizzards behalf.

what shocks me more is they advertise Rift on there site with a banner advert , yet totally boycott bad mouth the game and its soon to be player base.

Well, this wont last long.

Even slipmat wants to shitpost it seems.

7+ Year Old Account
    Who cares. MMO-C proberly knows, that people have problems with RIFT and that people just go around shitposting when they talk about the subject, so that is proberly why they shut them down.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajung View Post
    just come from the very popular site MMo-champion and i was shocked to see how much Rift hate is going on there even the moderators are banning and closing threads that praise Rift and only keeping open the ones from fan boys bassicly saying how terrible rift is for no other reason besides some warped sense of loyalty on blizzards behalf.

what shocks me more is they advertise Rift on there site with a banner advert , yet totally boycott bad mouth the game and its soon to be player base.
    Unsure if spambot/copybot or actual attempt of conversation.

So, you 'came from the very popular site, MMO-champion' and in to MMO-C's WoW section to bash MMO-C for not supporting Rift enough. Last I heard, Rift is in a different section AND it isn't really going great anyways. Last I saw, they have to close threads now and then, even if relevant, as they can run a bit out of control.

Oh, and banner advertisements are random, not selected by MMO-champion, hence the need to report some.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I genuinely wonder if this is a broken bot, if you google it does it come back to a reddit post or something?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rift-site.html

Well there you go.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not seen anyone close RIFT threads simply for praising the game.

I've seen ones get closed because of people devolving threads into shit flinging contests though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I genuinely wonder if this is a broken bot, if you google it does it come back to a reddit post or something?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...rift-site.html

Well there you go.
    Yup, I have to agree, hence reported already.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why you're posting this on the WoW forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    rift is still alive?!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Pretty sure MMO-C is anti-WoW more than anything.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Pretty sure MMO-C is anti-WoW more than anything.
    More like former disgruntled wow players who think they know best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Well if the game wasn't in the state it was we wouldn't be criticising it.

If WoW was in the same state I imagine it would be getting the same amount of critique.

Deleted
    Didn't Rift die like 5 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I've not seen anyone close RIFT threads simply for praising the game.

I've seen ones get closed because of people devolving threads into shit flinging contests though.
    Last thread closed was ages ago mate. But alas won't discuss moderation any further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Didn't Rift die like 5 years ago?
    Nah just took a turn for the worse 3 years ago.

nobody even remembered rift until you posted, so... xD
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Rift?

I thought TW abandoned that game to invest in the P2Wfest ArcheAge? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Rift?

I thought TW abandoned that game to invest in the P2Wfest ArcheAge? Am I missing something?
    Nah they only publish Archeage. Their focus is more on Trove these days.

Deleted
    Rift is also a P2Wfest :P ingame shop is awesome

TW manage an p2w two front war

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jessicajung View Post
    That is more the result of Trion's total misunderstanding of this forum's userbase, than anything else...
    They pay for the banner after all.