Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Skeptic Community vs. Alt-right (debate interiew): Sargon of Akkad vs Baked Alaska

Came across this interesting debate interview between Sargon of Akkad (well known figurehead of the Skeptic Community) and Baked Alaska (possibly alt-right? not sure) where they clash over view points.

It's lengthy (goes for 55 minutes,) and Sargon covers and debates alot of the Alt-Right talking points (media, history points of view, immigration, refugee crisis)

For those who are interested and watch it, who's politics / arguments do you agree with and why?

Sargon is quite well known on Youtube and has ~700,000 subscribers on his main channel.

10+ Year Old Account
    You may find it interesting, but i bet 99% of the posters here would dismiss it on the grounds that one of the speakers is, as you said, an alt righter and the other is.....Sargon.

I'd rather watch Two Girls, One Cup for 55 minutes. There's probably less shit spewing from their mouths, too.

So the youtube equivalent of monkey's throwing shit at each other then?

people debating ideas is a hostile concept to some. They would rather just label you evil

Bwahahahahahaha!

Shitlord vs. Alt Right you mean.

Note: Shitlord = Alt Right + plausible deniability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by archimonde9999 View Post
    Sargon is quite well known on Youtube and has ~700,000 subscribers on his main channel.
    He's a well known piece of shit, yeah.

"Sceptic" ahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skeptic community = alt-right

So they're debating themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post

Keep calling everyone that's not alt-right alt-right.

After all, it worked out perfectly for the democrats in the us elections right? lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destump View Post
    Keep calling everyone that's not alt-right alt-right.

After all, it worked out perfectly for the democrats in the us elections right? lol.
    So why does the alt-right flock around the "skeptic community" and why do, by and large, none of them denounce them if they soooo don't want to be affiliated with them? Sargon is a poster boy for them just like the rest. So miss me with your victim complex.

Also yeah dude democrats are never going to win again ever. Never ever ever. Political pendulum just stopped swinging this election. Get over yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who are these people?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who are these people?
    I'm with you, I've never heard of either of them.

But, judging by the preview picture alone on the Youtube preview... call me a Stereotyper, but that mug is of somebody I do NOT want to listen to for 55 minutes! >_<

So why does the alt-right flock around the "skeptic community" and why do, by and large, none of them denounce them if they soooo don't want to be affiliated with them? Sargon is a poster boy for them just like the rest. So miss me with your victim complex.

Also yeah dude democrats are never going to win again ever. Never ever ever. Political pendulum just stopped swinging this election. Get over yourself.
    The f*ck are you talking about, victim complex? I'm just telling you you are wrong. Alt-right are neo nazis. I don't particularly like sargon, he is often wrong and short-sighted, but he is not a neo nazi.

And calling everyone who does not agree with you racist,alt-right,nazi etc is one of the reasons that Trump beat Clinton. It is a cowardly cop-out so you don't have to debate them on actual issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I'm with you, I've never heard of either of them.

But, judging by the preview picture alone on the Youtube preview... call me a Stereotyper, but that mug is of somebody I do NOT want to listen to for 55 minutes! >_<
    Abe Simpson was right....

"I used to be with IT but then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird. It'll happen to YOU!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The f*ck are you talking about, victim complex? I'm just telling you you are wrong. Alt-right are neo nazis. I don't particularly like sargon, he is often wrong and short-sighted, but he is not a neo nazi.

And calling everyone who does not agree with you racist,alt-right,nazi etc is one of the reasons that Trump beat Clinton. It is a cowardly cop-out so you don't have to debate them on actual issues.
    Ehm, you know that this whole classification is rather... unscientific? As someone who has seen Neo-Nazis up close (oh these rallies...) i would never call the alt-right nazis or neo-nazis. Not that both aren't stupid and living in their own reality, but they are quite different. And that's more or less the whole point. I don't like alt-right, i dont like neo-nazis, they overlap a lot, but are still not the same. And of course they like to debate each other; that's actually normal. If you're close it's easier to work out the differences. I've never seen as much vitriol in my life as in the student debate group of the liberal-left-action and the communist-left-action. (It was a bit like Life of Brian)

There are no member cards to alt-right or neo-nazi and everyone can classify anything as they want. So your whole "proof" that he cannot be alt-right because he is no neo-nazi is invalid, as this is your personal opinion on this classification.

What Trump got elected was lies, lies and some more lies. Three scoops.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-08-10 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Alt-right shills frequently claim they're not affiliated with neo-nazis even though they are almost always co-opting each others messages/ideologies. These same people love to fanboy over the "skeptic community" because again a lot of time they peddle the same bullcrap the alt-right wanna be nazis do. So please excuse me if its hard to differentiate between the three.

Also its not a cop out. They can debate at me or anyone else all they want but you know their arguments, I know their arguments. They are irrational and fueled by hate. What is there to debate? It's like debating flat earthers or something.

"Hmm yes I see your point, ethnic cleansing of the mudskins would be a valid solution but let me play devils advocate for a minute here and counter..."

lol, please.
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-08-10 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who are these people?
    Well, Sargon was a famous Mesopotamian king who conquered most of his known civilized world and became one of the first emperors in the world. He looks pretty good for being 4500 years old though, I do declare.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Well, Sargon was a famous Mesopotamian king who conquered most of his known civilized world and became one of the first emperors in the world. He looks pretty good for being 4500 years old though, I do declare.
    His mind has clearly deteriorated though...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    You may find it interesting, but i bet 99% of the posters here would dismiss it on the grounds that one of the speakers is, as you said, an alt righter and the other is.....Sargon.
    Yes, actually.

I can't stand to watch Sargon. Not because of what he says, but because he takes a ridiculously long amount of time to say it. Getting straight to the point is a foreign concept for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Well Sargon doesn't claim he's alt-right, he says he's in the middle.

Proof here where he calls out all the alt-righters:

So why does the alt-right flock around the "skeptic community" and why do, by and large, none of them denounce them if they soooo don't want to be affiliated with them?
    I have to assume it's probably the same reason that reasonable left-leaning people, by and large, don't outright denounce the extremist left.