Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Trump Thanks Putin for Tossing Out U.S. Diplomats

Apparently he's pleased that he can cut the government payroll
    Instead of rebuking him, President Donald Trump on Thursday thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for expelling American diplomats from Russia on the grounds that “we’re going to save a lot of money.”

“I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down our payroll, and as far as I’m concerned I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll,” Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, according to a pool report.

“There’s no real reason for them to go back,” he added. “I greatly appreciate the fact that we’ve been able to cut our payroll of the United States. We’re going to save a lot of money.”

Russia recently announced that it would expel hundreds of American diplomats from Russia in retaliation for new sanctions the U.S. put on the Kremlin. Those sanctions are in response to Russia’s suspected attempts to meddle in last year’s U.S. presidential election through a disinformation campaign and cyberattacks on Democratic Party officials.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...plomats-241498

It's Pythonesque.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

It's Pythonesque.
    "Please go deeper, Putin-senpai!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ, he truly is Putin's cockholster.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the guy who appointed the Jets owner as an ambassador to England. How do you butt fumble as an ambassador?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It's like Trump doesn't understand return on investment, especially when the return isn't a tangible thing.

Which doesn't seem remotely surprising to me.

How the fuck does this man remember to breathe everyday. I get that he's probably just lying to save face and try to spin this into a positive, but this is comedically stupid.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

It's Pythonesque.
    And the Trumpers will just eat this up. Events like this are what keep me up at night - that no matter what he says, people will follow/swallow/believe him and continue to back him.

Because diplomats aren't important or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is the guy who appointed the Jets owner as an ambassador to England. How do you butt fumble as an ambassador?
    Since he owns Jets, clearly he won't have any trouble getting to England :P

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man, what a Cuck. Am I right?

Is it possible for Donald Trump to be a bigger bitch?

Like what does Russian cock taste like you orange son of a bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I mean, this would be a far more fitting use of the word than pretty much anything I've seen out of the alt-right and their spastic shouting of it at anything they don't like.

At the very least it's some serious dom/sub shit, with Trump very much being the bottom bitch in that relationship : P

5+ Year Old Account
    Why am I not surprised the disfigured walking bronze statue would say something like this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump Thanks Putin for Tossing Out U.S. Diplomats
    What's the alternative, given he was *forced* to sign those sanctions into law?

1. Say he supports sanctions when he clearly doesn't, and piss off his base
    2. Bitch and moan about it, sounding like a spoiled brat, and piss off his base
    3. Find a silver lining, troll the usual suspects, and cheer up his base
    4. Ignore it

I suppose he could have gone for #4, but why miss an opportunity like #3 in that case?
    Still not tired of winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Stole the words out of my mouth.

LOL! Oh my fuck of course he would do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teleros View Post
    He wasn't forced to sign them. He could have vetoed them and made the Senate override him if he wanted to make a point.

I don't know that that would have helped him all that much but it's another option and if his base believes in him that much at least he stood on a principle.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't forced to sign them. He could have vetoed them and made the Senate override him if he wanted to make a point.

I don't know that that would have helped him all that much but it's another option and if his base believes in him that much at least he stood on a principle.
    Well exactly - if it's not going to help him, what's the point? You have to pick your battles, and futile gestures are worse than letting things go through - especially when you have domestic politics you want to get to work on, and will need support from both House and Senate (who'll be pissed off if you fight them over sanctions) to do so.

Instead, we got the whiniest signing statement this country has probably ever seen.

Complete with a full paragraph giving Trump a proper ego stroking at the end, that has nothing to do with anything but Trump needing to make everything about him and how great he is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well exactly - if it's not going to help him, what's the point?
    If this statement can even be applied to the President: Standing up for what you believe in.

I'm not sure that he believes in much of anything beyond himself but Presidents in the past have drawn lines and made a stand on some principle knowing they were going to lose. In some circles putting your veto where your principles lie is viewed as leadership.

Now, after this, people can legitimately wonder if Putin has some suggestions as to the size of the military that Trump should maintain in Europe. After all, we can save money, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    If this statement can even be applied to the President: Standing up for what you believe in.
    Sure, but again - you have to pick your battles. More sensible to say "I disagree with Congress about this, but they've made their will clear" than fight and lose. Oh sure, sometimes you can lose a battle but win the war, but you'd expect Trump to do that over the wall, not more sanctions on Russia. For Trump, nothing good comes from losing to Congress over this.

Now, after this, people can legitimately wonder if Putin has some suggestions as to the size of the military that Trump should maintain in Europe. After all, we can save money, right?
    Trump's also been big on defence however, and after his speech in Poland it might look a little bad if he suddenly amscrayed from there :P . I think Trump's idea for saving money on European defence is to make the Europeans pay for it, rather than just turning Russia loose .

On the other hand, imagine if he'd fought and lost to protect Russia from US sanctions. Whether you believe Trump is in bed with Putin or not, that looks a heck of a lot worse, no?

1. Say he supports sanctions when he clearly doesn't, and piss off his base
    2. Bitch and moan about it, sounding like a spoiled brat, and piss off his base
    3. Find a silver lining, troll the usual suspects, and cheer up his base
    4. Ignore it

I suppose he could have gone for #4, but why miss an opportunity like #3 in that case?
    Alternatively, he could go with: 5. Act like a proper President of the U.S.

What used to happen in the past, was that a candidate would have to face the realities of his job after being elected, regardless of what he promised his base. Trump has gone over 200 days without getting the memo that he's supposed to be the President, not the mascot for his base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?