Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    "NO U" has never really been a decent counterargument just FYI.
    What else have they got?

Your source is from someone that doesn't understand how data transfers work? It's obvious he has no idea what the fuck he is talking about.

Also, this was already posted and shut the fuck down in another thread posted by Genn.
    @Skroe, Have fun tearing Ransath apart again.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Don't we already have a thread on this?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Russia-Story
    Yeah, but Ransath thought he was important and didn't want to post in that one.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Guess you gotta in more of your BS before your next vacation. You need to read your sources (as usual) before you post your drivel. The Bloomberg article doesn't say what you think it does - and the other two are basically propaganda machines.

Which is no surprise, considering your post history.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Now now, they have barely any hope to cling onto, let them cling to the Russia hysteria a few more months.
    Does that "hysteria" include the FBI raiding Manafort's home? Or the Grand Jury subpoenas? You hand-waving Trumpers are adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Lawnewz?

Sounds like a reputable source to me. I mean, their name endz with a z. How could they not be.
    Founded by Dan Abrams, they're pretty reputable despite the name (iirc lawnews was taken at the time hence the Z). Not that they're infallible or anything and the linked piece seemed to posit a lot of assertions without backing them up that border on conspiracy so definitely not their best work but usually pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    And the central claim of this article, that the transfer speed was too fast to be real, and the time stamp is wrong, is inane. It’s as if the author has no concept of remote server logins and staging. Which it’s clear he doesn’t, because the author is in way over his head.
    This was exactly the part I took issue with over in the Bloomberg thread. It's like in Youtube conspiracy videos where someone with a layman's understanding of something tries to come to an expert's conclusion. Or when ghost hunters suggest their extensive expertise with a microphone that makes weird noises sometimes is scientific proof that you have ghosts. Or that guy who started playing your WoW class last week, but has totally read all the guides, is now an expert and can give you some hot tips on your DPS rotation.

But since they've put themselves in a position where they can be called "experts," despite the very words that come out of their mouths showing otherwise, now we're going to have to listen to this bullshit from the Desperate Right for the next month until something shinier comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    But since they've put themselves in a position where they can be called "experts," despite the very words that come out of their mouths showing otherwise, now we're going to have to listen to this bullshit from the Desperate Right for the next month until something shinier comes along.
    What exactly "shows otherwise"?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Guess you gotta in more of your BS before your next vacation. You need to read your sources (as usual) before you post your drivel. The Bloomberg article doesn't say what you think it does - and the other two are basically propaganda machines.

Which is no surprise, considering your post history.

- - - Updated - - -

Does that "hysteria" include the FBI raiding Manafort's home? Or the Grand Jury subpoenas? You hand-waving Trumpers are adorable.
    I mean his whole story falls apart when it says that the file was just short of 2 gigs, and that it took 87 seconds to transfer. Which is what they said to claim to be about 22.7 mb/s. But even the SLOWEST USB drive at the time of the hack which is a USB 2.0 does 60 mb/s. And USB 3.0 sticks can do 640 mb/s.

The hack took place last year correct? I had a download rate on average of 25 mb/s, did I get that when downloading games? Not really, but someone with better internet, like say from Europe where it is a utility and not a commodity, they got well over 100 meg down in some areas. It is VERY possible to download at that speed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    All of the current experts? Even ones in Trump's own administration that say it happened? These people are obviously computer illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    The author claims that “experts” said the hack must be an inside job because the data transfer rate was too fast to be an external transfer.
    But most hacks don’t even work like that. Files are secured internally to a staging area and then trickled out to reduce detection.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    The author claims that “experts” said the hack must be an inside job because the data transfer rate was too fast to be an external transfer.
    But most hacks don’t even work like that. Files are secured internally to a staging area and then trickled out to reduce detection.
    Also the hacks aren't necessarily part of the investigation. We may find later that the hacks are in fact part of the investigation through Roger Stone, but the investigation includes Russia using fake news and media manipulation and whether Trump met with them and promised work on sanctions and such.

Also the OP is bullshit. The bloomburg guy writes constant pro-russia screed, and he doesn't vet his sources. His "source" is a pro trump PAC likely funded by trump's reelection campaign. This is propaganda. And the same fools who are fooled by conman trump are going to fall for this hook, line and sinker.

Fortunately we don't need them to believe reality for investigations to go forward.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    For such a nothingburger, some people sure seem eager to try to deflect or downplay it. Why is it so hard to just let the investigation run its course?

You're late to the party dude, we already talked about this yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    We will know when Mr. Mueller did his job.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    For such a nothingburger, some people sure seem eager to try to deflect or downplay it. Why is it so hard to just let the investigation run its course?
    It's such a nothingburger that we need to shut it all down now!

But that Benghazi thing? OPEN THAT PUPPY RIGHT THE FUCK BACK UP BECAUSE THAT IS CLEARLY ONE OF THE MOST PRESSING ISSUES AT THE MOMENT AND 8 PARTISAN INVESTIGATIONS WEREN'T ENOUGH.

Republican priorities sure are wild, nowadays.

So I ignored the two propaganda sources. Then comes Bloomberg. So the article is about an organization formed in protest to the government manipulating intelligence organizations and lying to justify the Iraq war. All they have done I could easily find is this On August 3, 2010, VIPS publicly released another "MEMORANDUM FOR: The President" stating that the government of Israel has a long history of deceiving the United States Government and warning the administration that Israel was likely to unilaterally attack Iran "as early as this month." and apparently this bit.

So we have an organization of questionable authority who is making statements about this case where I don't even know what access to the evidence they've had. They are attempting to claim that the DNC fabricated the evidence and our intelligence agencies were incapable of uncovering this. So I'm supposed to believe that our intelligence agencies that were able to directly investigate it couldn't uncover this but an outside organization without access could?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, one of the biggest and most ardent Trump supporters, and someone Trump relied on heavily to carry his message during the campaign.

But he's largely speaking on behalf of both Trump and the GOP in this instance. Sorry if that's a tough pill to swallow, broskito.
    I could care less that he is a Trump guy, I don't trust him. He does not speak for me.

It's such a nothingburger that we need to shut it all down now!

But that Benghazi thing? OPEN THAT PUPPY RIGHT THE FUCK BACK UP BECAUSE THAT IS CLEARLY ONE OF THE MOST PRESSING ISSUES AT THE MOMENT AND 8 PARTISAN INVESTIGATIONS WEREN'T ENOUGH.

Republican priorities sure are wild, nowadays.
    Just an FYI, the partisan hack group Judicial Watch issued a lawsuit that the GOP investigations into Benghazi didn't go deep enough and apparently they also want to look her emails with it. http://www.newsweek.com/hillary-clin...igation-649438 So yeah, the whole bullshit about "But her emails" and Benghazi isn't over because these partisan hacks won't let it go. So here comes the 9th investigation and what the 4th or so into her emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I could care less that he is a Trump guy, I don't trust him. He does not speak for me.
    And what about Trump and his "feelings" about properties/investments he owns being worth more than they actually are? He seems to base things off of "feelings" vs. facts as well. We have this through multiple recorded depositions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/election...-lawsuit-2006/

"You said that the net worth goes up and down based upon your own feelings?" he was asked in the deposition.

"Yes, even my own feelings, as to where the world is going, and that can change rapidly from day to day," Trump responded.

And what about Trump and his "feelings" about properties/investments he owns being worth more than they actually are? He seems to base things off of "feelings" vs. facts as well. We have this through multiple recorded depositions.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/election...-lawsuit-2006/
    I am not arguing against that point, Trump absolutely wears his heart on his sleeve. I'm talking about policy based on emotions, like Immigration, wage gap, LGBT ect.