Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Hot water challenge, aka the stupid's "purge"

http://time.com/4893131/hot-water-challenge/

Not sure if I should call out the sheer stupidity of this trend, or just let nature run its course...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post

Not sure if I should call out the sheer stupidity of this trend, or just let nature run its course...
    lol, you tryin to break a record today?

Or are you trying to take over Page 1 of OT? (Something i've always wanted to try and do.)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Well, it's mainly sad because it's primarily people doing it to other people; I could give two shits what a lot of these little retards do to themselves.

She was young, if this were an adult just let nature run its course and see how many die of sheer stupidity; however children are gullible, after watching someone on youtube drinking what looked like boiling water might seem like a great idea, funny, or harmless.

It is purely poor parenting and an even worse education system, since she could not connect the dots.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Deleted

A child died...

Trying to troll at the expense of kids dying? A real class act.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2017-08-11 at 05:17 PM.

Parents need to be more active with what their children view online... more so especially with the recent to light issue of the "Whale Challenge" and such.

It's just a fact that children are gullible, and become like sheep when they see others doing it.

Snapchat should be 100% banned from use, as it's hard to monitor that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Who are these kids that don't know that boiling water is hot?

I mean, seriously. I don't understand. Kids as old as 12, according to the articles? Have they just never encountered something that's hot?
    Sheep mentality; see others doing it so they do it regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds like the kind of thing my younger sister would do...... only she'd mix it up with the Ice bucket challenge and think she has to do it to herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

My kid is 7 and spends 10 mins blowing on food if she even thinks its hot. Boiling water is hot. Hot things burn. This is pre-school shit.

I have all the sympathy in the world for the parents but 0 fucking sympathy for the idiots that intentionally do these stupid challenges and get hurt.

I swear, if I hear one more grown ass motherfucking adult say, "But I can't use a computer!" I am gonna punch a baby.

(Yes, that is the most frustrating thing at my job.)
    Mine too.

Oh great, now we have people in the comments who somehow enjoy reading about kids getting harmed.
    Awesome, keep it up.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    She was young, if this were an adult just let nature run its course and see how many die of sheer stupidity; however children are gullible, after watching someone on youtube drinking what looked like boiling water might seem like a great idea, funny, or harmless.

It is purely poor parenting and an even worse education system, since she could not connect the dots.
    8 years old. I don't know, by the time I was 8 I'm pretty sure I knew hot water burns. I imagine this is something even 4 year olds should have knowledge of. You know, like, when they're in a bath and their parents accidentally pour uncomfortably hot water. Hell, my cat knew to get out of the room when I take a slipper off by the time it was 1 year old, and I'm pretty sure kids learn faster than cats.

Or have these kids never bathed in warm water, never held a cup of tea in their hands...?

I honestly can't imagine my kids, if I have some one day, being this stupid. Call me insensitive to human suffering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bet those kids will end up in hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Bet those kids will end up in hot water
    Needs more sunglasses, and definitely more "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!".

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, look at you, you're such a good person. You make sure you let everyone know that you're not like those other bad people. Make sure you show up on the scene of every tragic event and let everyone know that you're not one of those bad people that would say or think something bad about it. Good on you.
    Virtue-signaling by calling virtue-signaling out. Cute.

...oh wait. Damnit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in my day kids had the Slenderman challenge, they just slit the other person's throat none of this boiling water and pussy footing around the intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Gotcha! Now you're trapped in a never-ending loop of signaling.
    Not if I have anything to say about it!

...actually, I ain't got much else to say about it...

Honestly, I'm having a hard time believing that there's not some malice behind some of those stories. Like you said, that's pre-school shit. They have to know it's hot, they have to know that it burns. There's no fucking way they don't.

I mean, I did things as a kid that would be considered risky or even stupid, sure. This is well beyond that, though.

The one got it dumped on her during a sleepover is absolutely with malice. Charge the kids. They knew damn well boiling water is hot and can burn.

Everyone else is stupidity in action.

I did stupid things when i was a kid too, knowing that I had a chance to get hurt. Thats the key word though.. "Chance". Drinking boiling water isnt a chance, its a certainty.

Sweet Jesus thats hilarious. Fucking morons.

love it ^^ we need to spread it far far to weed out as many retards as we can

but more seriously - people's stupidity never cease to amaze me - whenever i think we hit rock bottom they drill even deeper.

And next step, acid?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    love it ^^ we need to spread it far far to weed out as many retards as we can

but more seriously - people's stupidity never cease to amaze me - whenever i think we hit rock bottom they drill even deeper.
    They do it to other people.