Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    You know theres been a bunch of people here blaming Trump, but as a Canadian I'm not certain its his fault, Kim has specifically said he will attack the waters outside of Guam by mid august. I'm not really sure what the point of attacking the waters outside of a place are, but to me its the equivalent of standing on the road in front of someones house and taking a crap, they arn't on your property , but you know its aimed at you.

The biggest problem with this war is that the north has so many weapons aimed at the south that its not even funny. if a fight breaks out the losers will be both Koreas.
    It's Trumps fault because that is the hip thing to do, despite the last few presidents did nothing about NK and it has been continue to bubble and boil.

And yes, it would suck for south korea and maybe japan.

And of course China is an extremely big variable. And we do not want war with China, that would NOT be a good war at all for anybody.

I can't see any reason to be excited for another conflict between brainwashed fools and the foreign powers they have ticked off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Won't happen. Congress has control and they aren't going to let some man-child whine and cry to distract from what's really going on; Mueller's investigation.
    LOL Keep wishing. The whole Russiagate thing is a big nothingburger.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    would US accept NK is a country capable of nukes ?
    Never going to happen. Deterrence is not acceptance.

The US went through this with China in the 1960s. The US has never accepted China's arsenal and has simply deterred it. China, wisely, has not enlarged it's arsenal and really only possess a rather barebones one (200 warheads, most of them old on old/bad missiles, only about 80 modern warheads).

The US has entered into no nuclear agreements with China and likely never would because it would legitimize their arsenal.

Same thing with North Korea. We'll deter them through conventional and nuclear means, but we'll never legitimize their arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Guess I should stock up on water and spam......
    ... Spam? Why would you want to make time of war even more miserable?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    People like him are just trolls who have been allowed to exists on this site to the point where they dont know the difference between reality and the internet anymore.

THe real problem is the way this site is moderated. I'm actually not kidding. Its embarassing for Blizzard that this is listed as an official fanpage when fucked up things like this thread is allowed to exists and people say the things they do without getting banned.
    ... MMO-C is listed as an official fanpage...?

I agree with your post, but I always thought MMO-C is just a fanpage, nothing more...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Spam? Why would you want to make time of war even more miserable?

- - - Updated - - -

... MMO-C is listed as an official fanpage...?

I agree with your post, but I always thought MMO-C is just a fanpage, nothing more...
    Spam musubis are good (spam, rice, seaweed wrap). Used to have them all the time as a mealish snack when I lived in Hawaii.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

The US went through this with China in the 1960s. The US has never accepted China's arsenal and has simply deterred it. China, wisely, has not enlarged it's arsenal and really only possess a rather barebones one (200 warheads, most of them old on old/bad missiles, only about 80 modern warheads).

The US has entered into no nuclear agreements with China and likely never would because it would legitimize their arsenal.

Same thing with North Korea. We'll deter them through conventional and nuclear means, but we'll never legitimize their arsenal.

well, china's arsenal is still there; that sort of acceptance. NK is sitting on some warheads is a no-go or just a nuisance ?

Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    You know theres been a bunch of people here blaming Trump, but as a Canadian I'm not certain its his fault, Kim has specifically said he will attack the waters outside of Guam by mid august. I'm not really sure what the point of attacking the waters outside of a place are, but to me its the equivalent of standing on the road in front of someones house and taking a crap, they arn't on your property , but you know its aimed at you.

The biggest problem with this war is that the north has so many weapons aimed at the south that its not even funny. if a fight breaks out the losers will be both Koreas.
    No. This isn't Trump's fault.

The North Korea nuclear program as we know it is the 50% the fault of Barack Obama, 40% the fault of George W. Bush and 10% the fault of Bill Clinton.

George W Bush attacked the wrong country. North Korea detonated it's first device on his watch.

Barack Obama and his sycophantic true believers came up with "strategic patience" when they meant "run out the clock due to term limits" because they didn't want another foreign policy crisis to overwhelm their domestic agenda (that mattered far more to them).

North Korea is the fault of 25 years of American procrastination. This was always going to happen because the three Presidents found creative excuses to punt it to the next President.

And here we are.

Deleted
    People like him are just trolls who have been allowed to exists on this site to the point where they dont know the difference between reality and the internet anymore.

THe real problem is the way this site is moderated. I'm actually not kidding. Its embarassing for Blizzard that this is listed as an official fanpage when fucked up things like this thread is allowed to exists and people say the things they do without getting banned.
    They're the last ones to take the moral high ground when they themselves do shit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what? China's is as legitimate as it can be, otherwise yours isn't either. US and Russia have absolutely no right to prevent others from getting shit they themselves have.
    But what else should we expect from those 2 untrustworthy control-freak warmonger nations.
    Last edited by mmoce2d1b37428; 2017-08-11 at 09:27 PM.

You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    well, china's arsenal is still there; that sort of acceptance.
    Mostly in theory. It actually completely sucks. Most of China's Arsenal is on short and medium range missiles and wouldn't even cross the pacific. Only about ~30 missiles they have are capable of that for around ~80 warheads.

US missile defense defense in the Pacific, let's be clear, is also Anti-China. THAAD in South Korea? The Chinese are absolutely right with their complaint. Of course it would defend US troops in South Korea. If the US puts THAAD and Aegis Ashore in Japan, it would be the same.

Between all of those, plus Ground Based Midcourse Missile Defense on the West coast, that's more than enough layers to cut down China's deterrent.

We've essentially defanged China in this regard, which is why we don't enter nuclear treaties with them. It really doesn't do them any good.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    I think that US troops will conquer North Korea within 30 days and there will be no nukes involved.
    You need to take a better look at the terrain of North Korea. Unless we could somehow stage a beach landing, it would take us a year just to get over the mountains.

Did I mention their 5MM man army?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They're the last ones to take the moral high ground when they themselves do shit like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what? China's is as legitimate as it can be, otherwise yours isn't either. US and Russia have absolutely no right to prevent others from getting shit they themselves have.
    But what else should we expect from those 2 untrustworthy control-freak warmonger nations.
    I dont not agree tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    I think that US troops will conquer North Korea within 30 days and there will be no nukes involved.
    Destroy the military and military related industry yes.

Conquer...no.

The DPRK is going to be a tough nut to crack.

1. They have enough conventional artillery pointed at Seoul to turn it into rubble within 24 hours. There is no way we would be able to take out every artillery piece before they destroy the city, possibly killing millions and destabilizing the world economy.

2. Many of the DPRK's ballistic missle complexes are located in deep underground bunkers that would be almost impossible to penetrate without using nukes.

3. The entire populace has been indoctrinated since birth to worship the Kim family as a Demi-god style Deity. It will take generations to undo that brainwashing.

4. The humanitarian crisis would be catastrophic for both china and S Korea, waves of uneducated refugees would pour forth from NK in waves that would make the German reunification look tame in comparison.

Worst of all, it would result in thousands of U.S. military casualties.

Guess what? China's is as legitimate as it can be, otherwise yours isn't either.
    No. 'Fraid not.

They've been complaining about missile defense and deterrence for over 20 years. And here we are. 2017, and because of this episode, expect US missile defense to vastly increase in size and scope in future years. Against Russia? Modest effect. Against China? We've heard their complaints and ignored them for decades. Because as a matter of policy we don't consider their arsenal a legitimate deterrent.

Because numerically and capability wise it is not.

I'm not American, so ofc I'm not excited.

I also live relatively close to the place.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Mostly in theory. It actually completely sucks. Most of China's Arsenal is on short and medium range missiles and wouldn't even cross the pacific. Only about ~30 missiles they have are capable of that for around ~80 warheads.

US missile defense defense in the Pacific, let's be clear, is also Anti-China. THAAD in South Korea? The Chinese are absolutely right with their complaint. Of course it would defend US troops in South Korea. If the US puts THAAD and Aegis Ashore in Japan, it would be the same.

Between all of those, plus Ground Based Midcourse Missile Defense on the West coast, that's more than enough layers to cut down China's deterrent.

We've essentially defanged China in this regard, which is why we don't enter nuclear treaties with them. It really doesn't do them any good.
    then let Kim brag as much as he wants. pfft !

Deleted
    I dont not agree tbh
    Double negation means you agree.

- - - Updated - - -

No. 'Fraid not.

They've been complaining about missile defense and deterrence for over 20 years. And here we are. 2017, and because of this episode, expect US missile defense to vastly increase in size and scope in future years. Against Russia? Modest effect. Against China? We've heard their complaints and ignored them for decades. Because as a matter of policy we don't consider their arsenal a legitimate deterrent.

Because numerically and capability wise it is not.
    If they're smart, they'll build more of them, a lot more.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

That was my point

- - - Updated - - -

Won 't do them a ton of good.

While Quantity has a quality all it's own, through our reliance on Nuclear missile submarines, we maintain first strike capability. We can take out Chinese missile silos before they can fuel the missiles.