Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    7.3 is content complete now. Once you're done with the questline (Which might well be amazing, who knows?) what's left except a pretty version of 7.2?
    They set up the npc in PTR that can allow us to do the endgame world content in 7.3 zones, and imo it's feel like broken isle world quests + invasion rift scenarios and nothing more than that. This is all I have try so far.

Edited: but the cinematics here are good though.
    Last edited by CheezeWasabi; 2017-08-12 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    I personally liked Cata a lot more than Mop. The one thing I think they f-ed up is allowing flying all over Azeroth.
    Cata was insane if you loved playing tons of alts. Practically every spec in the game was a ton of fun to play.

Cata failed for people that played only 1-2 characters. You could easily gear a character with full heroic dragon soul gear in a week or two. After that your only source of progression was in PvP, which was dominated by triple dps teams, caster cleaves and dot comps (rbgs) which made it almost impossible to climb in any other comp.

Entering Cata I had 3 characters (Warrior, Hunter, Shaman) all at level 80 with only the warrior pve geared in ICC Hc gear. By the end of 4.3 (DS Patch) I had 8 characters at lvl 85, fully geared with heroic DS gear and full sets of pvp gear with the optimal pve trinkets for pvp. (Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, DK, Priest, Warlock, Rogue)

I would've quit after about 4 weeks into DS patch if I didn't decide to start making alts

I don't think that's a good reason to believe an expansion will be bad.

If they take what made Legion fun but then cut a bit of the dreaded RNG god out it might not be so bad. But in typical Blizzard fasion the knee jerk will likely be so hard that it will have zero RNG which means after the first week you will be done with the expansion and then complaining why there is nothing to do for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Wvvtayy View Post
    Simply because of the pattern.

Wrath was good.
    Cata sucked.
    MoP was good
    WoD REALLY sucked
    Legion is good.

If the pattern continues next expansion will be as bad as, or possibly even worse than WoD.
    Your characterization of Cata is false. That expansion was fantastic. I really appreciated their attempt to make dungeons harder, and tanking harder. It's a shame the cry-babies had to ruin it for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Think of it in positive terms. If it is bad you can more easily not waste your time with it and do something more worthwhile instead. There is no need to dread anything unless someone is forcing you to play.
    his addiction is forcing him to play a bad game. Blizz counts on that.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Your characterization of Cata is false. That expansion was fantastic. I really appreciated their attempt to make dungeons harder, and tanking harder. It's a shame the cry-babies had to ruin it for all of us.
    Cata was terrible. Dungeons were overtuned (but not unbeatable), but required you to find the dungeon to que for them (which wouldn't have been bad, if dungeon placement in zones made fucking sense). Wiping six times on a non-dungeon end boss is not fun. I will agree, facerolling is also not fun.

Cata wasted a patch on releasing two former raids turned to dungeons which weren't fun and more just loot grabs. The end boss fight was just lame compared to the expansion before.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Cata was insane if you loved playing tons of alts. Practically every spec in the game was a ton of fun to play.
    I loved it for that. Random raids were great and uncomplicated - LFR just was no compensation. But then, people were alting in WotLK also (Call of the Crusade for example was brilliant for that - despite it being a rather poor raid).

Cataclysm raids were worse than WotLK, and if you didn't like the old world revamp, you would hate it.

BUT: Questing and most non-raid things in WotLK were absolutely terrible. No challenge, everything died instantly, even quest bosses were just stupid. Heroic 5 man dungeons were easy and boring, compared to BC. And the Naxxramas relaunch really was unnecessary and repetitive for everyone who had already been there (for the record: I wasn't - but still...).

I still don't understand why everyone is getting so hyped over WotLK - yes, Ulduar and the last content patch with ICC were really good. But that was about it. It had very strong points, but so did Cata. The difference is, most of the good things from Cata were permanent, so you don't miss them (like transmogging and achievements). But that does not make WotLK any better. It brought us 'VehicleUI' - greeeat...?

If you liked the Cata rework and its (in my opinion absolutely magnificent) starting zones, you hat every reason to love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Cata was terrible. Dungeons were overtuned (but not unbeatable),
    WAT. Have you ever played CoT heroic in BC? We did most of the Cata heroics as 3 or 4 with crap equipment. "Overtuned", wtf...
    Cata heroic dungeons were not hard, it's more like the ones in WotLK were pointless. As the quest bosses were.

If you want to faceroll things, don't play "heroic" content.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-08-12 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post

WAT. Have you ever played CoT heroic in BC? We did most of the Cata heroics as 3 or 4 with crap equipment. "Overtuned", wtf...
    Cata heroic dungeons were not hard, it's more like the ones in WotLK were pointless. As the quest bosses were.

If you want to faceroll things, don't play "heroic" content.
    That was really the problem people came from wotlk dungeons where the tank, the dps, or the healer could chain pull the entire dungeon tank it regardless of class or spec with next to no difficulties and we went into cata.

Cata required people to pay attention, and actually use cc abilities. Most wotlk babies couldn't even find the cc abilities on their bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    agree that the revamp is the thing that damaged the more the game, some will say causation is not correlation but I think there's a reason why the subs dropped right after cata launch, wow was about to conquer the world, it could have been bigger than what it was, but they screwed up on a planetary scale, and the subs never increased again, that's how bad cata was
    hoping they learned that removing and changing the game kills their business, as opposed to improving the game
    Subs didn't go bad until the last half, where they decided to scrap and reuse everything. And even then, it was only a loss of 1-2 million subscribers; their numbers were still strong.

If we're going to use sub numbers as a base, then WoD saw the biggest drop by 4-5 million, followed by MoP with 2-3 million. Numbers are not a good way to interpret the health and success of an expansion. Players exaggerate an unfavorable aspect and correlate it with graphs to make their reasons for unsubbing more meaningful.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-08-12 at 01:20 PM.

Looks pretty but seems like 7.3 has little in the way of new features. The story could be interesting but it'll be doable over the course of a single day, then it's back to world quests.

Also I heard the third zone is awful. Which is where Antorus is located, no?

7.3 is content complete now. Once you're done with the questline (Which might well be amazing, who knows?) what's left except a pretty version of 7.2?
    Alt gearing, finish ToS, get Prestige done, complete the new Dungeon in Mythic+ keys, and so forth. Luckily though, you can only wait a few weeks, until you can get enough AK to easily pass through the first few concord things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    WoD was my favorite expansion.

Who knew people on the internet could have opinions that disagree with the common circlejerk.
    No, I understand your "opinion". I just want to know this, though. Why? Give me examples, for as to why you thought that WoD was even remotely good.

Wrath wasn't really of the same standard in terms of world content as MoP and Legion imo.

I'mma hope that they'll let Legion last for a while, taking their time making the next expansion. They've abandoned (finally) the shitty idea of getting new expansions out ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Alt gearing
    Doable in 7.2

finish ToS
    Doable in 7.2

complete the new Dungeon in Mythic+
    Doable in 7.2

get Prestige done
    Doable in 7.2

Again, literally nothing new, just more of the same with a really nice looking backdrop.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I understand your "opinion". I just want to know this, though. Why? Give me examples, for as to why you thought that WoD was even remotely good.
    To be fair, he did say afterward that he enjoyed raiding . Which is probably the only best thing.

The lore still sucked ass though ...

Doable in 7.2

Doable in 7.2

Doable in 7.2

Doable in 7.2

Again, literally nothing new, just more of the same with a really nice looking backdrop.
    It's always been like this. New features come at the start of new expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    I thought Mist of Pandara was very good, the zones/area/lore was fun and well new. New creatures new buildings..etc It just lasted 6 months too long.
    I personaly don't like feeling forced to rush though raid content.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    To be fair, he did say afterward that he enjoyed raiding . Which is probably the only best thing.

The lore still sucked ass though ...

It's always been like this. New features come at the start of new expansions.
    4.3 brought transmog

5.2 brought solo scenarios

5.3 brought heroic scenarios

5.4 brought flexible raiding

6.2 brought timewalking and mythic dungeons

To name a few, so no. It hasn't always been like this and there was always more to do than just world quests in those patches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    That was really the problem people came from wotlk dungeons where the tank, the dps, or the healer could chain pull the entire dungeon tank it regardless of class or spec with next to no difficulties and we went into cata.

Cata required people to pay attention, and actually use cc abilities. Most wotlk babies couldn't even find the cc abilities on their bar.
    I remember the blackrock one - ok, that was challenging, if you only had greens and blues equipped. But it was nice, and absolutely doable.
    In the end we have only Blizzard to blame for being so inconsistent what "heroic" means.

Doable in 7.2

Doable in 7.2

Doable in 7.2

Doable in 7.2

Well, to be fair, it's much more than what we got in WoD, Cata, Wrath, And TBC! Wrath, TBC, and WoD were just Raid or die situations, with little dailies. Unlike those expacs though, Legion AT LEAST keeps the rewards relevant, namely by AP, Bpet stuff, or for Alts.

at this point for some reason i think i enjoyed WoD more than legion maybe its due to lack of game time i get these days. But its true.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, to be fair, it's much more than what we got in WoD, Cata, Wrath, And TBC! Wrath, TBC, and WoD were just Raid or die situations, with little dailies. Unlike those expacs though, Legion AT LEAST keeps the rewards relevant, namely by AP, Bpet stuff, or for Alts.
    It keeps them relevant at the cost of them being shallow. There are always world quests that are easier and more rewarding than others. Everything else is ignored.

Legion seems to be more inclined towards Dungeons or die if you're looking for content.