Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bannon, Trump's news target?

From The Hill

Trump now suspecting Bannon of being a large source of leaks and the attacks on McMaster. Let the in fighting continue. Bannon apparently has a large staff but no actual duties along with Trump providing ethics waivers for him to continue working with Breitbart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Mentioned in another thread, but no reason it can't have its own too.

McMaster was asked if he could keep working with Bannon. He refused to answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    From The Hill

Trump now suspecting Bannon of being a large source of leaks and the attacks on McMaster. Let the in fighting continue. Bannon apparently has a large staff but no actual duties along with Trump providing ethics waivers for him to continue working with Breitbart.
    What's the source for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Ah sorry. Been distracted with the Charlottesville thread since that's a local incident for me.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    What's the source for this?
    Here is the OGE complaining about Bannon's ethics waivers.

No honor among pieces of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe...juuuuuuuuuust maybe...part of the issue with finding qualified people willing to work in the Trump administration is due to Trump demonstration zero loyalty to the people who work for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Maybe...juuuuuuuuuust maybe...part of the issue with finding qualified people willing to work in the Trump administration is due to Trump demonstration zero loyalty to the people who work for him.
    To Trump, loyalty isn't a two way street.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    To Trump, loyalty isn't a two way street.
    More like a one way cliff.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

15+ Year Old Account
    Trust nobody, not even yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Trust nobody, not even yourself.
    Trump administration reminds me of Mr Show...
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Trump administration reminds me of Mr Show...
    Considering i think trump is developing a mental illness, i am kinda hoping he fires himself. I'd lose my shit for a decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Considering i think trump is developing a mental illness, i am kinda hoping he fires himself. I'd lose my shit for a decade.
    He's got a mirror in the room and starts yelling at it saying, You're Fired!!!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

That was pretty fantastic yesterday. I like how Chuck Todd let's him off the hook in a very "I won't make you call him a piece of shit on MTP" sort of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rupert Murdoch has supposedly gone after Bannon with the President. That makes sense since Murdoch and Kushner are close.

There won't be much of a reaction from Trump's base. They're loyal to Trump not to any of the underlings. One week after Bannon is gone it's likely that no one will even be talking about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This week one Survivor: White House Trump once again breaks allegiances within his inner circle. Who will face elimination this week? Is it Sessions? Bannon? Perhaps Kusher?!? Toon in to @realDonaldTrump for this weeks exciting show!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Related?

I have had the pleasure of knowing General H.R. McMaster for many years, and greatly respect and admire his outstanding service to the nation. The recent attacks upon him from the so-called ‘alt-right’ are disgraceful. Since this fringe movement cannot attract the support of decent Americans, it resorts to impugning the character of a good man and outstanding soldier who has served honorably in uniform and sacrificed more for our country than any of his detractors ever have. Such smear tactics should not be tolerated and deserve an emphatic response.

I hope the President will once again stand up for his national security adviser and denounce these repugnant attacks, which arise from the same purveyors of hatred and ignorance who precipitated the recent violence in Charlottesville.
    Sen. John McCain, 2 hours ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Bannon has uncertain future in the White House

Steve Bannon's position as President Trump's chief strategist may be in jeopardy, two sources close to the White House told CBS News' chief White House correspondent Major Garrett.

There is a growing feeling both inside and outside the White House that Bannon is increasingly falling out of favor with Mr. Trump, with the relationship between the two falling to all-time lows.

One source says that Bannon could be gone by the end of the week, Garrett reports.

Over the weekend, White House officials were not quick to come to Bannon's defense on the subject of his loyalty to the president and the White House's agenda.

On Sunday, White House National Security Adviser Gen. H.R. McMaster would not say whether or not he would work with Bannon during an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press." Breitbart, the right-wing news service that Bannon ran before joining the Trump campaign, has run numerous articles critical of McMaster in recent weeks.

When asked what was going on between him and Bannon within the White House, McMaster responded that "there's just a lot of noise, from my perspective."

"And I think everybody sees the president has assembled a tremendous national security team," McMaster said. "And it's a great privilege for me to be able to support and enable people like Secretary of State Tillerson, Secretary of Defense Mattis, [CIA] Director Pompeo, Ambassador Haley at the United Nations. And despite this noise, we're getting quite a bit done in terms of developing and advancing strategies to prioritize the safety and security of the American people and promote American prosperity."

In an interview with ABC's "This Week" on Sunday, former communications director Anthony Scaramucci questioned Bannon's loyalty and did not dispute the idea the president may soon fire him.

"Well, I think the president knows what he's going to do with Steve Bannon," Scaramucci said. "Well, let's leave it up to the president. It's his decision. But I mean, at the end of the day, I think the president has a very good idea of who the leakers are inside the White House. The president has a very good idea of the people that are undermining his agenda that are serving their own interests."

Adding to the tension, reports circulated last week alleging that Mr. Trump suspects Bannon of leaking sensitive information to the press. Just last month, Mr. Trump emphasized his frustration with these breaches of information and called on his administration to be "much tougher on the leaks."

Bannon may also have some problems with newly appointed Chief of Staff General John Kelly.

Kelly, who replaced former Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, is eager to reshape the Trump administration, and the president has deferred to Kelly for key staffing decisions. One source said that Kelly wants "to put more adults in place inside the White House," while also clearing the air of rivalries stemming from when former White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus and Bannon were jointly appointed.
    Interesting. Either Bannon is in trouble, or people want everyone to think the White House is falling apart. For Trump, there's no good answer here.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump Trolling at its second finest (NK still wins)

Nancy Pelosi calls on Trump to fire Steve Bannon after Charlottesville violence

After President Donald Trump denounced "white supremacists" and "hate groups" Monday in remarks about the violence over the weekend in Charlottesville, Virginia, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is calling on the president to fire his chief strategist, Steve Bannon.

Bannon has been singled out by critics of the administration who believe his viewpoints reflect that of the so-called "alt-right," a right-wing group with ideologies often defined as promoting white nationalism. In Charlottesville, a white nationalist rally protesting the decision to remove a statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee erupted in violence Saturday, eventually leading to the death of a woman who was struck by a car driven by an alleged Nazi sympathizer into a group of counter-protesters.

"If the president is sincere about rejecting white supremacists, he should remove all doubt by firing Steve Bannon and the other alt-right white supremacist sympathizers in the White House," said Pelosi, D-Calif. in a statement Monday. The minority leader additionally described Bannon as "shameless enforcer of those un-American beliefs."
    Well, now what's he going to do? Keep him to spite Pelosi, at the cost of McMaster?

Seems likely, he's been cucked for months now (to use his own language) and after the recent debacle any political viability his repulsive little faction has is long gone.

Presumably the only thing keeping him there so far is that Trump likes the taste of his semen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Trump now suspecting Bannon of being a large source of leaks and the attacks on McMaster.
    So was Bannon a member of Spicer's staff, back when he demanded they hand in their phones to stop leaks and it leaked?

Never gets less funny, he runs around lopping off heads to stop the leaks, oblivious to the fact that there are leaks because some lunatic is running around lopping off heads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Seems likely, he's been cucked for months now (to use his own language) and after the recent debacle any political viability his repulsive little faction has is long gone.

Presumably the only thing keeping him there so far is that Trump likes the taste of his semen.

So was Bannon a member of Spicer's staff, back when he demanded they hand in their phones to stop leaks and it leaked?

Never gets less funny, he runs around lopping off heads to stop the leaks, oblivious to the fact that there are leaks because some lunatic is running around lopping off heads.
    Unsure because Bannon is a full independent. He's been a curious case this entire time where he's the direct adviser to Trump with a large staff but no delegated duties, in a position with no oversight, and ethics waivers allowing him to keep his ties with Breitbart.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit in. But given the leaks haven't stopped and have been present since day 1, with Breitbart even being privy to leaked information themselves, it raises the question of if Bannon was one of the primary leakers the whole time through leaking shit to Breitbart which then made its way to other outlets. It's entirely possible that everyone was leaking to try to control the narrative themselves. Priebus and his staff were absolutely a source of leaks. Looks like Bannon isn't innocent either. They're all leaking for their own gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Related?

Sen. John McCain, 2 hours ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Steve Bannon has uncertain future in the White House

Interesting. Either Bannon is in trouble, or people want everyone to think the White House is falling apart. For Trump, there's no good answer here.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump Trolling at its second finest (NK still wins)

Nancy Pelosi calls on Trump to fire Steve Bannon after Charlottesville violence

Well, now what's he going to do? Keep him to spite Pelosi, at the cost of McMaster?
    Bannon, Gorka, and Miller need to come under heavy fire and be forced out. All three have extensive ties to white nationalist parties with Gorka being connected to an outright neo Nazi organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Mooch says Bannon is a White House leaker. Wanna see the video?

I don't know how useful of a source The Mooch is, but it's interesting that he flat-out says so in broad freaking daylight without doubt or sarcasm.