Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Desecrating memorials is explicitly a crime and in general desecrating venerated objects is considered a crime in the US through other means.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1369

18 U.S. Code § 1369 - Destruction of veterans’ memorials

(a) Whoever, in a circumstance described in subsection (b), willfully injures or destroys, or attempts to injure or destroy, any structure, plaque, statue, or other monument on public property commemorating the service of any person or persons in the armed forces of the United States shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
    (b) A circumstance described in this subsection is that—
    (1) in committing the offense described in subsection (a), the defendant travels or causes another to travel in interstate or foreign commerce, or uses the mail or an instrumentality of interstate or foreign commerce; or
    (2) the structure, plaque, statue, or other monument described in subsection (a) is located on property owned by, or under the jurisdiction of, the Federal Government.

(Added Pub. L. 108–29, § 2(a), May 29, 2003, 117 Stat. 772.)
    That's not what the woman was jailed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    There was like 1000 (maybe more) counter protesters who stood up to the 4-5k white nationalists. There was like single digit flags and super low double digits of actual representatives. Like talking a few flags and maybe 15 guys. They mostly got into small fist fights around shops where small groups of the protesters were harassing and assaulting bystanders. They were dispersed or arrested quickly and played no real hand in what was going on.
    So there were ANTIFA present. Alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Again, not sure what relevance this has to what I said. I'm aware of what happened. I'm saying that you don't have the right to assault someone because you don't like what they're doing and/or saying.
    Nah but I can punch someone in the face who pins me up against a shop, throws a brick at my car, or throws a cup full of piss on me for exiting a restaurant. This is the more accurate version of what was happening. The counter protesters were actually really peaceful for a large angry mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Again, not sure what relevance this has to what I said. I'm aware of what happened. I'm saying that you don't have the right to assault someone because you don't like what they're doing and/or saying.
    I think the distinction being made is that some people consider it to be a call for direct violence when someone is publicly advocating genocide. This is about where the line is when it comes to free speech. Everyone agrees there is a line. I'm sure you consider "Kill that person right now" to be over the line, and at the point where people can legitimately call for that person to be stopped immediately. Some people consider that line to be at the point where someone is advocating for violence openly, even if the call is not direct and in the moment.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So there were ANTIFA present. Alright.
    Present but in such a piddly and pathetic number that they're not worth mentioning. They had no impact on what happened, didn't escalate, and were basically dispersed and gone before the powder keg exploded and state of emergency was called.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

10+ Year Old Account
    And until that dude being punched in the face, at the picture, actually commits those actions - that he may or may not preach - punching him in the face is assault.
    No, I am not going to wait, and neither should anybody else who actually knows and cares about that history and doesn't need a refresher by idiots, who think they are special because and it is an accomplishment to be born white.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    I think the distinction being made is that some people consider it to be a call for direct violence when someone is publicly advocating genocide. This is about where the line is when it comes to free speech. Everyone agrees there is a line. I'm sure you consider "Kill that person right now" to be over the line, and at the point where people can legitimately call for that person to be stopped immediately. Some people consider that line to be at the point where someone is advocating for violence openly, even if the call is not direct and in the moment.
    Especially when the protesters were standing outside of private businesses and calling for the place to be gassed because there was a minority inside.

The counter protesters actually handled themselves pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    You seem to be forgetting that those Chinese tourist did a nazi salute in front of the Reichstag.. And they only got a fine of 500 euro's.
    Now lets see what you'll get when you pee against the Vietnam war memorial, i believe it was 9 months in jail, does that mean that it is illegal to pee in America?
    Or maybe it is illegal in America to pee against a war memorial, just like you can not bring a nazi salute in front of the Reigstag..
    It's illegal to pee in public. It's illegal to assault a paramedic. That's what she was jailed for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, not sure what relevance this has to what I said. I'm aware of what happened. I'm saying that you don't have the right to assault someone because you don't like what they're peacefully doing.
    I am saying that there is a fine line between someone just saying something you don't like and someone actively promoting and saying hey let's go kill these people because AMERICA

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, I am not going to wait, and neither should anybody else who actually knows and cares about that history and doesn't need a refresher by idiots, who think they are special because and it is an accomplishment to be born white.
    I dunno what was won by bringing race into the subject, but ooookay....

This was a white nationalist rally.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

8 years of Trump is going to be awesome.

First off I am not BLM or Antifa, and second no they fucking don't I have watched enough of their protest, and never have I seen anything like that except from questionable sources.
    Surprising. A few videos of said chants were quite prevalent.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkuZWnwxadw
    and
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj4ARsxrZh8
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Hello racism my old friend.

Off topic: Why are gay people special for being born?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they are Nazi's and that is what the Rally was about. Someone hosting a rally because they don't like a policy or want to stand around all day saying Obama is fucking Ugly that is one thing.

But when you actively advocate violence by evoking White Supremacy and Neo Nazi' ideology, your rights should end. As they did in the 50s and 60s when Communist were targeted and harassed even if they had any association.

And not even Communist were tolerated or tried this kind of bullshit on American Soil.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hello racism my old friend.

Off topic: Why are gay people special for being born?
    They don't need to be special to not be denied basic human rights that would be afforded anybody who pays their taxes, obeys the law and isn't harming anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No no keep spinning, this is great. I'll get the popcorn.
    Spinning what? This is always my opinion on people that protest in streets and have said the same thing in every thread about protesters in streets.. I dont get what you think im trying to spin dude. Care to explain?
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account

Because there are Nazi's and KKK cozying up to the Alt-Right, and committing terrorist attacks in the name of Racial Purity or such shit?

Pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    This was a white nationalist rally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Because there are Nazi's and KKK cozying up to the Alt-Right, and committing terrorist attacks in the name of Racial Purity or such shit?

Pay attention.
    Not the topic we were discussing, in particular. Sorry not sorry.

In the words of the moderator Edge - "Do try to keep up".

10+ Year Old Account
    Since a lot of people around the world realize that automobiles make for good killing machines, I think this is a good point to start mandating that all cars sold must come with anti-collision technology where the car stops itself to prevent an accident. Should come standard with all cars.

Because they are Nazi's and that is what the Rally was about. Someone hosting a rally because they don't like a policy or want to stand around all day saying Obama is fucking Ugly that is one thing.

But when you actively advocate violence by evoking White Supremacy and Neo Nazi' ideology, your rights should end. As they did in the 50s and 60s when Communist were targeted and harassed even if they had any association.

And not even Communist were tolerated or tried this kind of bullshit on American Soil.

- - - Updated - - -

They don't need to be special to not be denied basic human rights that would be afforded anybody who pays their taxes, obeys the law and isn't harming anybody.
    And hell, they were allowed to legally exercise that right with a judge's signature on the permit who still stands by the decision. First Amendment right to assembly.

They pissed on their own right by attacking bystanders, journalists, counter protesters, and police which is why the city shut them down and the shit hit the fan.