Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They were trying to start their own country, so that they could keep slavery legal. In the end, it was about maintaining the continuation of slavery.
    Problem with that logic is that really it breaks down to be even worse than that, slavery was the tool, the reason was money.

Cotton was a product that was very difficult to harvest, it took serious amounts of man power to produce. Paying individuals would have consumed most of the profits generated by it's production.

So yes Slavery was the biggest contention, but sadly the true reason was greed and wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    And how do you think this will be effective? I mean, I guess it makes you feel good, but its ultimately just going to grow their ranks and radicalize more people.
    Social Media background checks are routine now days for any job worth a shit. I cleaned up my online footprint years ago and carefully managed it since, because unlike these Alt-Right losers, I'm not completely retarded. Anyone not-retarded should do the same.

But these guys got caught on camera. As a result these kids are going to be facing paying their $30,000 student loans with Target stock boy jobs. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Fuck your nazi shit.
    That forum name though... just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    So I guess this particular rally actually had neo-nazis and other white supremacist groups. That accusation has been thrown around so often and inaccurately that my first instinct was one of skepticism. These shitheads are no better than the Antifa BLM crowd in my opinion. Sad truth is the media attention both sides are generating is just increasing the number of people with sympathies for either. Until the center right/left realize we have a mutual interest in de-legitimizing the bad behaviors of our respective fringes we're going to see more of this crap.
    Here's the thing, these are the same people who have been to many of the rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    And how do you think this will be effective? I mean, I guess it makes you feel good, but its ultimately just going to grow their ranks and radicalize more people.
    Feel free to believe that. It will only get closeted nazis out of the closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Not very imaginary when it's not very difficult to tell you're at the very least a white nationalist sympathizer with just your posting.

Or are you one of those "luls doin it for the trolls" types?
    i dont sympathize with them, in fact, i think the KKK and all racists in their ilk are terrorists. What happened yesterday was a terror attack on an innocent. they need shut the fuck down. murdering an innocent based on their own outrage and hate. its insane that we continue to allow them to act in such ways. the need to be locked up. sporting things like nazi flags and demeaning citizens based on their race and beliefs is awful. You can disagree with someone, but to go further then that, is reprehensible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    That forum name though... just wow...
    Probably a nazi himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also a little something for all the people who believe racism is just dead and only minorities are fanning the flames which is apparently "causing racism"

https://www.theroot.com/interview-20...out-1797796038

But yes the kkk and Neo-nazi they're just a dying old group that never attacks anyone in years! Even though there are several murders recently (within decade) and attacks and murders by people affiliated with such groups.

How do we know this Harris guy wasn't being violent or physically attacking them first and they were defending themselves against this Harris?

How do we know they are "white supremacists"?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFriendlyDodgeCharger View Post
    lol

Kurt Echienwald, is the last to comment.

oh noes, we don't like your politics, let's bully, harass, and shame them, but we are the left, we are against bullying, harassing, and shaming people!

yay leftists!
    Mods, perm ban this account. For real.

"SuperFriendlyDodgeCharger".

Is it not clear what this is? Not a week. Not 10 days. End of time. Seriously, clean up this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Problem with that logic is that really it breaks down to be even worse than that, slavery was the tool, the reason was money.

Cotton was a product that was very difficult to harvest, it took serious amounts of man power to produce. Paying individuals would have consumed most of the profits generated by it's production.

So yes Slavery was the biggest contention, but sadly the true reason was greed and wealth.
    In the end, it's always about money (power). For the South, the only way to have any actual power, was to maintain slavery. It wasn't states' rights, it was the fear of losing their free labor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Social Media background checks are routine now days for any job worth a shit. I cleaned up my online footprint years ago and carefully managed it since, because unlike these Alt-Right losers, I'm not completely retarded. Anyone not-retarded should do the same.

But these guys got caught on camera. As a result these kids are going to be facing paying their $30,000 student loans with Target stock boy jobs. They have nobody to blame but themselves.
    Also, it helps keeping these people from positions of power... until the president personally brings them in...

So there is a real benefit to society from doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is a fundamentally ridiculous argument.

There is no "erasing of history". Nobody is trying to claim the American Civil War didn't happen. Removing these statues puts an end to a practice of celebrating the villains of history, of applauding the actions and ideology of one of the darkest chapters of American history.

Berlin doesn't have a statue of Adolf Hitler in their main square. That doesn't mean they're trying to forget the Nazis, it just means they're not celebrating the Nazis.
    Statues do not necessitate celebration, only remembrance.

As well, in what way is Robert E. Lee a villain?

Perfectly put. The Confederates were traitors who stood up for evil and lost. Badly.

Heroes get monuments. Traitors who fought for human enslavement do not.
    Would you say that having slaves makes one evil?

Do note, that Lee felt slavery was, "...a moral and political evil in any country."
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Also a little something for all the people who believe racism is just dead and only minorities are fanning the flames which is apparently "causing racism"

https://www.theroot.com/interview-20...out-1797796038

But yes the kkk and Neo-nazi they're just a dying old group that never attacks anyone in years! Even though there are several murders recently (within decade) and attacks and murders by people affiliated with such groups.
    I don't think anyone believes that racism is dead. However, the assertion is often made that racism is not only alive, but systemic. Going from 'alive' to 'systemic' requires more than a picture of a black guy being beaten at a KKK/white supremacist rally that is bound to gather most of the dedicated scum of the US into one spot.

Probably a nazi himself.
    Its SuperFriendlyKittyCat. He needs a new hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a nazi himself.
    Hope he will be gone soon, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFriendlyDodgeCharger View Post
    How do we know this Harris guy wasn't being violent or physically attacking them first and they were defending themselves against this Harris?

How do we know they are "white supremacists"?
    Do they look like they are defending themselves?

Nice try. Enjoy your ban with the name and avatar.

lol

I doubt it.

Do you really think people are going to remember the names and faces of random people from this event?

This is like bad leftist fan fiction thinking their pointless acts of social media virtue signaling has any real power or significance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Statues do not necessitate celebration, only remembrance.

As well, in what way is Robert E. Lee a villain?

Would you say that having slaves makes one evil?

Do note, that Lee felt slavery was, "...a moral and political evil in any country."
    And yet, he fought for a country that started a war to keep it. I guess that makes him a hypocritical shill on top of treasonous traitor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its SuperFriendlyKittyCat. He needs a new hobby.
    Nice of him to come out of nazi-closet, before he gets banned.

Fuck your nazi shit.
    Uh oh.

You must be a Stray from the Path fan.

lol