Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    but this goes against what America and most other 1st world countries are for--freedom of speech.
    "Freedom of Speech" is about freedom from government interference in speech. Maybe you need a remedial civics lesson?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I'll explain it to you, don't worry.

She broke multiple laws, was arrested, then she sued for money and got it, even though the other party was operating within the law. Compare it to this case, where a guy doesn't break any laws, gets fired and can do fuck all, because he's not part of the "oppressed" minority.
    He got fired for being a racist asshole.

She got money, because the department did not want to risk losing a civil rights lawsuit. Also, the department changed its policies, meaning they believed they could lose that case.

Unbelievable. I'm not defending Nazis in any way, but this goes against what America and most other 1st world countries are for--freedom of speech. They are punished for standing up and being proud of who they are. It's honestly the civil rights movement all over again.
    Are you against at will employment? Freedom of speech means the GOVERNMENT can't do anything about it... doesn't mean a private employer can't. If a private employer doesn't want to hire you because you keep calling them an idiot... they don't have to hire you. They have every right to call you an idiot, they do not have the right to a job with you.

His employer is firing him because he is loudly exclaiming that he is proud of what he is. That isn't freedom. He is being refused the freedom to express to others who he is.
    He can express whatever he wants as loudly as he wants wherever he wants. he's free to do that.

Just as other people are free to say "yeah, we don't want to pay someone saying that and representing us". Their freedom of association isn't trumped because someone has freedom of speech.

His employer is firing him because he is loudly exclaiming that he is proud of what he is. That isn't freedom. He is being refused the freedom to express to others who he is.
    Being proud of what you are, and being a nazi and/or white supremacist are very, very, very different things. That you continue to confuse these is a massive insult to all decent white people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Taralesh View Post
    Those are some dangerous thoughts. Many people were killed by others who thought that they are better than them. It's called demonizing people. Suddenly you want to put every sin ever committed by nazis AND neonazis in history onto the shoulders of a guy who attended a rally because he wanted to preserve traditional European values. And this entitles you to punish him. I know slippery slope argument doesn't always apply, but it does here.

If you REALLY need to know, my main account got banned yesterday in a completely unrelated thread. I'm not saying who, but you don't know me. I did not make any posts in this thread on other accounts. Feel free to report me for ban evasion, takes like 30 sec to make a new one.
    I'm not trying to do any of those things. He's a racist asshole, and I have no desire to be nice to him. I did not accuse him of killing millions of people. I'm not punishing him, he got fired, because his employer doesn't want to have a white nationalist on his staff. How did I punish him? How did anyone hurt him in the slightest?

Jesus, I thought you guys said the rally was about a statue, now it's about preserving European values? You really need to get your stories straight.

By the way, thanks for admitting to making alt accounts, it makes it clear that you are shitposting.

I do enjoy watching neo-Nazi apologists try and play the victim card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Can we also do this to BLM members? Or is it too soon.
    BLM has nothing to do with it mate. Black Lives Matter is not the same as White Supremacy. This is literally grade 1 comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What's disgusting is trying to equate a bunch of nazis and racists to a struggle for minorities to get equal rights in this country. Absolutely fucking disgusting and reprehensible.
    I'm going to assume that you think they're Nazis because of the Swastika flags they carry. The Swastika actually has numerous spiritual meanings behind it before other people corrupted the symbol. Since these people are carrying it, I'm going to assume that they are doing it for spiritual reasons. As should any person with common sense do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Freedom of speech is a right, not a value. That right protects you from legal consequences, but not from social ones. Their 'pride' shits on American values, and that's why they're being roundly condemned by everyone with an ounce of integrity.

And calling this a civil rights movement? A complete fucking joke. The civil rights movement was pushing back against racial prejudice. Nobody chooses their race. But supporting a regime which gassed millions of Jews, or believing that non-whites don't belong in the country? Those are choices. And choices have consequences.
    No one at this rally is supporting killing anyone. These people are simply proud that they happen to be white. This is the civil rights movement because we saw the exact same thing with black people proudly putting fists in the air shouting black power.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-14 at 03:01 AM.

I'm going to assume that you think they're Nazis because of the Swastika flags they carry. The Swastika actually has numerous spiritual meanings behind it before other people corrupted the symbol. Since these people are carrying it, I'm going to assume that they are doing it for spiritual reasons. As should any person with common sense do so.
    Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm just going to have to assume you're trolling because no one can be this fucking stupid.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    How am I being authoritarian? If someone spouts racist bullshit, and marches at a neo-Nazi rally, I have no problem calling them racist. Maybe you should get in touch with the guy who got fired, and offer to help him though the difficult time.

Also, you are not even following your own advice. You were supposed to try being more personable, and trying to win me over with kindness. You couldn't practice what you preach, making you the hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

This is perfect example of freedom of speech in action. He was free to speak, and others were free to call him a racist, and point out his actions to his employer. His employer was free to fire him, and you are free to complain about it, and boycott the company. Freedom for everyone.
    You got me sorry. I admit my mistake. Didn't know this was somehow a contest but I get the feel that you're not interested in making any changes in your life?
    If you consider people being racist authoritarian then how are you not also that when calling them out? You're both shouting respect my authority with your arguments as you debate who's the racist..... Ever heard of agreeing to disagree and moving on to other matters of equal if not more importance? Labeling and stereotyping gets you nowhere. People will always be scared of the things they're unfamiliar with.

Help what? Debating with them just legitimizes their racism. It has no place in this country. And these nazi assholes need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. If that means depriving them of their jobs then good.
    How does talking to them legitimize their racism
    I agree it has no place in this day and age.
    Sure... Easy to just off them all while you're at it right? Now that will legitimize and validate their cause and beliefs. If you want to bring their shit to an end you gotta talk peacefully with them. They're misguided people with their view of the world all screwed up. They want many of the same things you and I do if you look past the politics. Denying their rights means you're willing to give up your own? Grow up and take a chill pill. Maybe do some reading on wikipedia instead of mmo-c. They're just people like you and I.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Ah no, I thought it was just obvious why they'd fear losing the case.

Like this for example. Allahu akbar.
    No, it's not obvious, you should be very clear and specific.

They could have lost the lawsuit, because they kept it from her, and possibly broke rules regarding male-on-female contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Sure... Easy to just off them all while you're at it right? Now that will legitimize and validate their cause and beliefs. If you want to bring their shit to an end you gotta talk peacefully with them. They're misguided people with their view of the world all screwed up. They want many of the same things you and I do if you look past the politics. Denying their rights means you're willing to give up your own? Grow up and take a chill pill. Maybe do some reading on wikipedia instead of mmo-c. They're just people like you and I.
    Racism is not a topic that is up for debate. It is unacceptable.

And getting them fired from their jobs is not a violation of their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Hey dude, can I suggest you read my post and respond with some feedback on what I wrote - rather than feedback on something else.
    I was responding directly to your statement "Whilst they might deserve it, firing someone for speaking their opinion seems a little slippery slope."

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    You got me sorry. I admit my mistake. Didn't know this was somehow a contest but I get the feel that you're not interested in making any changes in your life?
    If you consider people being racist authoritarian then how are you not also that when calling them out? You're both shouting respect my authority with your arguments as you debate who's the racist..... Ever heard of agreeing to disagree and moving on to other matters of equal if not more importance? Labeling and stereotyping gets you nowhere. People will always be scared of the things they're unfamiliar with.

I consider them authoritarian, because they want to force government to restrict the freedoms of the people they do not like. I don't need government, so there is no authoritarianism on my side. I have freedom of speech, and that is enough.

I'm not afraid of white supremacists, I openly oppose them and mock them. If you do not like it, you can always move on.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm just going to have to assume you're trolling because no one can be this fucking stupid.

I'm sorry, but the swastika was in fact a peaceful, spiritual symbol before it was corrupted. It makes sense that people would carry it at a rally. It doesn't mean it is bad whatsoever. What is one thing that brings numerous people together? Religion. What is an aspect of religion? Spirituality.

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    What a scumbag. Send him to the gas chamber already.
    That's how they make their racism sound palatable to the nice suburban people so they'll look the other way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism is not a topic that is up for debate. It is unacceptable.

And getting them fired from their jobs is not a violation of their rights.
    So you are not free to decide you do not like a group of people in the US?

I'm sorry, but the swastika was in fact a peaceful, spiritual symbol before it was corrupted. It makes sense that people would carry it at a rally. It doesn't mean it is bad whatsoever. What is one thing that brings numerous people together? Religion. What is an aspect of religion? Spirituality.
    Honestly, your attempt to justify neo-Nazis is almost hilarious. Thanks for the laughs.

I really wish to, but a certain teal-affiliated SJW is thought-correcting the shit out of me.
    Once again, you should be more specific. Are you upset that your not-so-secret Islamophobic posts are getting infracted?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

No one at this rally is supporting killing anyone. These people are simply proud that they happen to be white. This is the civil rights movement because we saw the exact same thing with black people proudly putting fists in the air shouting black power.

[Infracted]
    Why was this infracted? What the fuck Endus?