Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The...First...Amendment...Only....Protects....You...From...Government...Prosecution...Not. ..Private...Companies'...Policies...Nor...From...Consequence...

Neo-Nazi's suddenly finding themselves out of jobs, having their domain names cancelled, or estranged from their families are just living the consequences of their actions. I have no pity for them.

GoDaddy is a XXI century version of the conscious Communist typesetters who refused to set the dissidents' works.

The history repeats as farce, indeed.
    Last edited by Tackhisis; 2017-08-14 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    There is no difference. Beliefs, choices, it's all apart of the same person. Pretending there is a difference is a poor attempt at justifying discrimination against people you don't like.
    Beliefs and choices are not inherent. They are not unchangeable. There is absolutely a difference, or are you seriously going to imply that being a nazi is the same as being black or being gay?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    GoDaddy is a XXI century of the conscious Communist typesetters who refused to set the dissidents' works.

The history repeats as farce, indeed.
    Wow, this company has transcended physical barriers to become a century.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough they remove Nazi shit, but where do they draw their line? since These days the most normal and average shit in Politics I've seen labeled as "nazism" or "fascism"
    Also would they go after extremists at the other end of the spectrum?

I'm all fine with them pulling the plugs on Nazis, but it always seems to come with a huge helping of hypocrisy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by McTroll View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9f1985eee51b

While it may be the right thing to do given the circumstances, is it appropriate to shoo business away based on political stances? Is it in some extreme instances such as this one?

Should private companies remain neutral on cases like these? Especially considering how much power/control GoDaddy has over an enormous number of websites. Doesn't that open a precedent to censorship, or is this form of policing required in cases that warrant it?

and what happens if they stay neutral and all their sponsers and customers hit the road...you know like what happened to youtube.
    you going to support them with some extra cash?

Wanting to kill all Jews is not a political stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Fair enough they remove Nazi shit, but where do they draw their line? since These days the most normal and average shit in Politics I've seen labeled as "nazism" or "fascism"
    Also would they go after extremists at the other end of the spectrum?

I'm all fine with them pulling the plugs on Nazis, but it always seems to come with a huge helping of hypocrisy with it.
    If there was a line to cross the article in question did so quite handily.

Mind you the article is still up, and it's pretty bad. I don't blame GoDaddy for not wanting to host this garbage:
    https://www.dailystormer.com/heather...year-old-slut/
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

GoDaddy is well within their rights here, ideologies and political stances are not protected from discrimination laws and the 1A does not apply to private entities. Though I do hope this doesn't slip further and start taking down sites simply because they support "X" president or believe in "Y" economic ideas.

It is likely that GoDaddy might be caught as hypocrites if they allow other groups that advocate violence against others to remain in service.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

...is it appropriate to shoo business away based on political stances?
    If they mean to do business in a society, yes.

Should private companies remain neutral on cases like these?
    Well, neutrality is partial to complicity.

Censorship comes from the government- businesses have no obligation to support positions counter to the law, social tenure and/or against their own policies provided there is no lawbreaking.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    They draw the line wherever they want.
    If it would be a bad decision, they would go bankrupt because people boycot them.
    The truth is that the majority of people is fine with them denying service to Nazi's.
    I know they draw it where they want, but this whole issue at the moment of flaunting moral superiority yet at the same time only focusing on the Extremist nutcases of 1 side just leads to their moral superiority complex being more about how hypocritical can they be.

Saying you are against hate and extremism but only actually being against "some" hate and extremism is just laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    If there was a line to cross the article in question did so quite handily.

Mind you the article is still up, and it's pretty bad. I don't blame GoDaddy for not wanting to host this garbage:
    https://www.dailystormer.com/heather...year-old-slut/
    I don't blame them either, Neo-Nazis are vile scum. Though my point is they still support other vile scum.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9f1985eee51b

While it may be the right thing to do given the circumstances, is it appropriate to shoo business away based on political stances? Is it in some extreme instances such as this one?

Should private companies remain neutral on cases like these? Especially considering how much power/control GoDaddy has over an enormous number of websites. Doesn't that open a precedent to censorship, or is this form of policing required in cases that warrant it?
    In this regard, they can have their own choice to host or not host a website its completely their choice. Now the only actual issue here is freedom of speech, media, and from being censored etc does cover everyone, not just people we want to listen to, so it is distinctly against the American ideals to say they cant say the things they would like to, but it is also against those same ideals to say Godaddy has to host that kind of content.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Who is more surprised by GoDaddy still being around?
    lol right exactly what i was thinking
    mr pickles

White supremacy is not a political stance.

- - - Updated - - -

It's Stormfront, I'm surprised it isn't still hosted on Geocities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Private companies can do as they wish, so long as they don't break anti-discrimination laws.

If you're unhappy with this, you can always lobby the legislative body in the jurisdiction that GoDaddy resides and get them to add "Neo-Nazi" to protected classes, or some derivative thereof.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    It is a slippery slope, no one is going to miss a site but one day what if it starts happening to political figures that internet providers don't agree with, or religion?
    That slope keeps getting invoked over and over. I've yet to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We are not quite yet in a point where hosting Nazi sites could be considered a good PR move.
    If it makes them money they really don't care. A lot of this is reactionary and similar sites will go up on different providers as the hysteria dies down, sadly.

I say "Good for them." Neo-nazis are not a protected class, and shouldn't be.

10+ Year Old Account
    They tried getting all of those female nascar drivers to show their tits; maybe that helped?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    We are not quite yet in a point where hosting Nazi sites could be considered a good PR move.
    Wait till Herr Spencer takes the power and start making America great again... Again!

If it had been a gay or black pride site that got pulled there would be lawsuits filed so quick it would give you whiplash.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!