Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    What? Vrykul are not just taller Humans. They are a unique race. Have you ever looked at their models? That's like saying Dwarves and Gnomes are just shorter Humans.
    Humans are just smaller Vrykul, that sounds better and is exactly how it is. Okay, Humans are somehow malformed Vrykul but Vrykul are still the progenitors of Humans in the Warcraft universe. Gnomes and Dwarfes have different origins though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Humans are just smaller Vrykul, that sounds better and is exactly how it is. Okay, Humans are somehow malformed Vrykul but Vrykul are still the progenitors of Humans in the Warcraft universe. Gnomes and Dwarfes have different origins though.
    Then you can at least say the same thing about Ogres and Orcs. Orcs evolved from Ogres in the same way Humans evolved from Vrykul. Either way, it doesn't change that both Ogres and Vrykul are entirely unique models. As if people wouldn't want those as playable races.

What? Vrykul are not just taller Humans. They are a unique race. Have you ever looked at their models? That's like saying Dwarves and Gnomes are just shorter Humans.
    Every time, this argument. Vrykul are quite literally taller, buffer humans with a very slight hunch. Have you ever looked at their models? Dwarves and gnomes both have completely different proportions from humans. Vrykuls are a race so nearly identical, that you could not tell a thin vrykul from a buff human.

Blizzard is not going to add the middle figure as a race to a faction that has the left figure as a race already.

Look at the races they add. They go for races that bring something new to the faction.
    Draenei, like no other race in the game.
    Blood Elves, unlike any of the mongrel races that made up Vanilla Horde.
    Worgen, to a faction with an open niche for bestial race.
    Goblins, to a faction lacking comic relief and a small race.
    Pandaren, asian-themed panda bears who are not like any race on either faction

Vrykul, larger buff humans b-but they're vikings!

Yeah, no. It's not going to happen.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-08-15 at 12:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Every time, this argument. Vrykul are quite literally taller, buffer humans with a very slight hunch. Have you ever looked at their models? Dwarves and gnomes both have completely different proportions from humans. Vrykuls are a race so nearly identical, that you could not tell a thin vrykul from a buff human.

Every person who isn't blind can tell a Vrykul from a Human. Why do you think people ask for them as a race if they are just taller Humans? They have a completely different skeleton, different movements and animations etc.

This shouldn't even be a point of discussion.

Every person who isn't blind can tell a Vrykul from a Human. Why do you think people ask for them as a race if they are just taller Humans? They have a completely different skeleton, different movements and animations etc.
    So did Silvermoon City guards. Wow, why don't we add a Silvermoon City Guard race to the Horde, so unique and worth all the development entailed in making a race!

People ask for them because they like their culture. Which is fine, but they are fundamentally a poor racial option for the Alliance. And if they are going to be added, it is going to be to Horde.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2017-08-15 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So did Silvermoon City guards. Wow, why don't we add a Silvermoon City Guard race to the Horde, so unique and worth all the development entailed in making a race!

People ask for them because they like their culture. Which is fine, but they are fundamentally a poor racial option for the Alliance. And if they are going to be added, it is going to be to Horde.
    You are making no sense. Vrykul and Humans are different races. Period. No sense talking to you.

You are making no sense. Vrykul and Humans are different races. Period. No sense talking to you.
    Obviously, dork. Though if we're being honest, you could probably even debate that, since Humans are really just the offspring of a runty Vrykul.

But the issue at hand isn't "Has enough time passed from their split for them to be considered a different race" it's "Can Vrykul be an Alliance race alongside humans"? And the answer is no, Blizzard isn't going to add a second race that with the same hair and tattoos could pass as a sibling of an existing race.

No tauren rogues.

Definitely fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I mean, we're basically murder hobos with magic sticks.

New class AND a new race? This one didn't even want to try to be believable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    I don't understand how things are run here mostly honestly.
    Mods can wave their banhammer for no reason and on top of that they can behave like douchebags, the same ones they like to ban, Jaylock keeps coming back, threads like this keep coming up and stay unlocked.
    MMOC is usually the first with news and a lot of threads are interesting, but it feels foul here.
    This is a forum, random topics speculating shit will pop up, whether it makes sense or not, whether the OP is completely fake or not is irrelevant. This is not a scientific forum, where strict moderation is needed.

10+ Year Old Account

This shouldn't even be a point of discussion.
    but they are clearly just taller humans with a hunch
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    but they are clearly just taller humans with a hunch
    You have clearly never taken a look at their models. Ignored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    OP sounds mad no one believes his "leak".

Is he the only one who doesn't no his leak made zero sense? Guess he missed that memo.
    It's not my leak, I only found it on reddit. So what makes you "no" that this leak makes zero sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    As was said, Mists had both. Demon Hunters are technically TWO new races (Havoc form, Vengeance form) and a class.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    This isn't real, but I do remember when:
    -People said DH overlapped too much with Warlocks
    -People said Blizzard would never announce an expansion outside of Blizzcon
    -People said we weren't going to reuse zones and continents

Honestly, while this is almost certainly fake, it is a pretty interesting idea for an expansion.
    My thoughts as well. It is a very interesting idea for an expansion in my opinion, propably the first time I wish a "leak" is indeed real.

Quote Originally Posted by Furytime View Post
    It's like they didn't even try. It's not realistically possible to add new races and a new class. Right after we just got a hero class.
    ..Wat?

Gameplay > lore
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    ..Wat?

This.
    Reading your signature is enough for me

Deleted
    You had me till i saw reddit =P

Return of the Lich King would make me hard.

I would return.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Demon Hunters are technically TWO new races (Havoc form, Vengeance form) and a class.
    That's a huge stretch. Even if you added all four new demon form models together, you wouldn't reach anything close to the complexity of a single player character model.

They don't have a full set of animations, they don't have the ability to display armor, and the only customizations they retain are hair color, skin color, tattoo design, and tattoo color.

They're basically no different from druid forms, and they added a bunch of new druid forms too.

Edit: Come to think of it, are there even four demon form models, or are the NE/BE versions just recolors?