So who all is ready for Tokyo tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So who all is ready for Tokyo tomorrow?
    Still haven't finished Egypt yet, so nowhere near ready. Though looking forward to changing my poop weapon skin and hopefully less shitty blade mechanics.

They just need to add the bloody barber already, I need to change my haircut like whoa.

Full patch notes: https://secretworldlegends.com/news/...0-patch-notes/

- - - Updated - - -

VERY cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, patch is live and I'm looking through the weapon skins. There are a lot listed and it looks like most can be bought. There are many that cost 20k Marks of Favour and some that cost 200 aurum. I've spied a few that cost 1200 aurum (like gold plated weapons).

I don't know if these weapons can be found in the game without paying though.

I do NOT see any of the in game extraordinary weapon skins available for purchase. EX: No filth weapons, no hell weapons, no orochi weapons, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

And I can personally attest that you do not need to switch to a weaker weapon or ability to finish Elm Street Blues. Nuking the draugr warmonger in a single hit counts for the quest.

- - - Updated - - -

*sigh* The same cannot be said for the revenant at the end of The Raven.

10+ Year Old Account
    They work in the cosmetic tab. They just aren't displayed there.

I have to say, why oh why Funcom do main story missions not count as main missions for the daily challenge. I have to decide between opening Tokyo or doing my dailies not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    They work in the cosmetic tab. They just aren't displayed there.

I have to say, why oh why Funcom do main story missions not count as main missions for the daily challenge. I have to decide between opening Tokyo or doing my dailies not cool.
    They need to overhaul the entire daily system. It's bloody awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They need to overhaul the entire daily system. It's bloody awful.
    I made a comment in the official discord with developers present while such things were being discussed between players not developers that they need to move away from making everything daily bases and move to a more weekly based system where we can decide what to do when.

In more detail my suggestion is the following:

-Keep the daily login reward.
    -Making the Patron bonus weekly based, therefor your keys for dungeons and scenarios would stack up till a reset day that takes place every week. So people would not be able to run more dungeons with that system then they are able to now per day if they play daily but it would make people with more time over the week-end to spend more time on dungeons and scenarios there. Would also make Patron a whole lot more attractive. (I have patron simply due to being a grandmaster account holder)

-Challenge system, make this again the same and change the "bonus" system, make the bonus available once you completed that daily part. To explain with an example, you kill 50 monsters, and didn't complete all other challenges you now have access to completing the "Kill 100 monsters" challenge.

I hope it gets noticed since the current system really is casual unfriendly and most mmo gamers are that, casual.

I just wish they had some official god damn forums. I've no interest in massive Discord chatrooms, Reddit is supposed to be run by fans and not the company, and it's not anywhere near a remotely acceptable replacement.

Continue to be completely unimpressed by their community team. I get that they make jokes on stream, but beyond that I can't say that they're doing any remotely decent job in my view.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they had some official god damn forums. I've no interest in massive Discord chatrooms, Reddit is supposed to be run by fans and not the company, and it's not anywhere near a remotely acceptable replacement.

Continue to be completely unimpressed by their community team. I get that they make jokes on stream, but beyond that I can't say that they're doing any remotely decent job in my view.
    reddit is ran officially by them so far i know and yes miss the lack of a forum also.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    reddit is ran officially by them so far i know and yes miss the lack of a forum also.
    Yeah, I have issues with that. Reddit was always supposed to be for fans/actual community, no? It always rubs me the wrong way when companies take over the subs, or even get moderation privileges. It's shit like this that really bothers me about SWL/Funcom. I mean, fucking super low effort/budget Asian import games from no-name publishers usually get their own forums. They're largely dead, but at least the effort is made to get them set up : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a new PC so between catching up to WoW content im playing SWL. I like most of the changes except the stupid gearing system. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Anyways blasting through it , been playing for little over a week and im almost done with Scorching Desert. Pretty sure up next is the zone i hated the most tho

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
    Monetization team, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than that im enjoying re-playing the story.
    I like how they integrated the pre-tokyo dlcs into the base game aswell. Clever.

This emote costs a hundred dollars...

So they added the emote interface to the game, plus the mission item inventory (I can FINALLY get rid of that fucking miner's helmet!).

Also, story content for the rest of Kaidan.

Buzz buzz: https://secretworldlegends.com/news/tokyo-beyond-wall/

Patch notes: https://secretworldlegends.com/news/...2-patch-notes/
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2017-09-20 at 08:30 PM.

Decided to play the game a bit again since the Agent network came out and got around to finishing the story just in time for them to announce:

It seems like you can get gear drops from mobs now but Agent Network quest drops seem to be like 1 in a million. I ended up just buying a few for aurum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Pretty hyped for this.

Anyone know where I can find a good lvling build that will destroy the entire story? IDC about raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Anyone know where I can find a good lvling build that will destroy the entire story? IDC about raids.
    I use a shotgun and dont really ever have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Anything. Seriously.

Yeah, I'll echo everyone else. There doesn't really seem to be too much in terms of build variety. All the abilities in each tree correspond to each other from weapon type to weapon type (accounting for tank vs. healing differences), I've legitimately just been swapping weapons and very little changes in my playstyle. The only difference are the individual weapon mechanics.

Just figure out what weapons you like most and in the process of unlocking your skills you'll pretty quickly figure it all out, it really doesn't have too much depth.

Yeah, I'll echo everyone else. There doesn't really seem to be too much in terms of build variety. All the abilities in each tree correspond to each other from weapon type to weapon type (accounting for tank vs. healing differences), I've legitimately just been swapping weapons and very little changes in my playstyle. The only difference are the individual weapon mechanics.

Just figure out what weapons you like most and in the process of unlocking your skills you'll pretty quickly figure it all out, it really doesn't have too much depth.
    Thats not what everyone else said... Just that completing story can be achieved with any weapon.

As for the build diversity i partially agree and disagree. Some weapons are barebones but other have more possible build variety, for example any pure DPS weapon.