Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    While it is a ridiculous ban, he only got 4 match ban for shoving the ref and then another match ban for the red card.
    It was the minimum amount for the offenses. Certainly the 2nd yellow was a wrong call but you cannot push a ref like he did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    It was the minimum amount for the offenses. Certainly the 2nd yellow was a wrong call but you cannot push a ref like he did.
    Basically this.

While I am a Real Madrid fan, what Ronaldo did was stupid af. He should know by now that you can't touch the ref no matter what stupid ridiculous call was made.

My "getting pissed" moment is that it hasn't happened to Messi for the same thing back '09 and La Liga - "bylaws" if you will - don't punish divers like Neymar, Suarez, Ronaldo and many others. Nor are they strict to shit refs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Hadn't even heard a whisper of that so I googled it and the only link was John Cross with the Mirror. Cross declares himself an Arsenal journalist but he never knows anything at all.
    I heard it on the news driving back from work. I guess every1 is cherry picking shit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    @Henx is going to go spare when he sees you slagging off his boy Ox.

Oh just wait...

If Neymar is worth 222million then Ox' price shouldn't be 35million but 350 million.

- - - Updated - - -

He's turned 24 today and has been with us since he was 17. In all that time he hasn't really improved much at all, can't buy a game, gets small 3-4 week injuries all the time, and the only position he shows a glimmer of talent at, he hates playing. But he's a nice guy and has banter so everyone loves him and still say "he's young, give him more time". I guess the prophecy is true, there must always be a Walcott.

And it's no surprise he shares an agent with that cunt Sterling.
    Which position are you talking about? Tbf, he had a solid season last season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rooting for Hoffenheim tonight, do they stand a chance against Liverpool?

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post

Which position are you talking about? Tbf, he had a solid season last season.
    He was good for the final run of games where he played as wing back in the 3-4-3. He sucks as a wide forward/winger, he's sometimes "ok" at center mid but no where near good enough for Arsenal standard there, but that's where he's desperate to play. As soon as Bellerin recovers Ox is back on the bench.

Fucking hell Hoffeinheim.
    Awful pen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Have a feeling Liverpool might lose this.

Also, Sigurdsson to Everton for 50 mil euro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Urrrgh going to be a long season for Blades this season i feel...

What do people think of Sergio Roberto?
    To be honest, I've never really seen him play.

Good player? Primary position?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Frank View Post
    What do people think of Sergio Roberto?
    To be honest, I've never really seen him play.

Good player? Primary position?
    He is a good player. Primary position is center midfield but he can fit in a pinch at other spots (like he did for Barca last season at right back). I actually think he could work well with Kante in center midfield for you, their skills compliment each other.

He was good for the final run of games where he played as wing back in the 3-4-3. He sucks as a wide forward/winger, he's sometimes "ok" at center mid but no where near good enough for Arsenal standard there, but that's where he's desperate to play. As soon as Bellerin recovers Ox is back on the bench.
    I like him the most when he plays in the center but u cant say he sucks as a winger, he can run past defenders quite easily and his crosses are quite good.

We'll see about that! Bellerin should indeed play as rb/rwb but IMO Ox could well take someone's else place if they don't perform which is quite normal in this Arsenal team.

Well if arsenal can offload Ox for a good price in chelseas desperation for an english player i'd take it. Offer them Welbeck and Walcott while you're at it and get a decent player in.

Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    I like him the most when he plays in the center but u cant say he sucks as a winger, he can run past defenders quite easily and his crosses are quite good.
    See this is your problem. You're telling me what you think Ox should be good at or what he can be good at, but the truth is he just doesn't do it anywhere near often enough. When it comes to taking people on and getting past them, he loses possession about as much as he actually makes a decent run. He's about the only person on the team that can cross though, I'll give you that.

In central mid, he is not better than Aaron Ramsey, a man who a lot of gooners also think we could upgrade on. At RWB, he is not better than Hector. At LWB, he is not better than Seo. So with that in mind he is absolutely a bench player. One that I'm fine with having around btw, but if there's an offer of 40m for a guy that wants to leave and only has 1 year left, and he's not extending, sometimes you have to take the money and run. We have academy players that can fill his shoes, or we could spend half the money we get from him and buy a similar calibre player on a 5 year contract.

Deleted
    Wish we'd stop dancing around with Ajax and sign Sanchez, got a feeling someones gonna come in and swipe him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Wish we'd stop dancing around with Ajax and sign Sanchez, got a feeling someones gonna come in and swipe him.
    Ajax has removed him from the squad. We are in a really crappy situation now with the season already started and two defenders already sold (Riedewald and Tete) and now potentially Sanchez also leaving. Ajax has said no to any transfers but kind of pointless when the player doesn't want to play anymore. Problem is now, we need to get two defenders from somewhere, and 40m is nowhere near enough for Sanchez where Ajax is concerned.

See this is your problem. You're telling me what you think Ox should be good at or what he can be good at, but the truth is he just doesn't do it anywhere near often enough. When it comes to taking people on and getting past them, he loses possession about as much as he actually makes a decent run. He's about the only person on the team that can cross though, I'll give you that.

In central mid, he is not better than Aaron Ramsey, a man who a lot of gooners also think we could upgrade on. At RWB, he is not better than Hector. At LWB, he is not better than Seo. So with that in mind he is absolutely a bench player. One that I'm fine with having around btw, but if there's an offer of 40m for a guy that wants to leave and only has 1 year left, and he's not extending, sometimes you have to take the money and run. We have academy players that can fill his shoes, or we could spend half the money we get from him and buy a similar calibre player on a 5 year contract.
    ThanksForTheMemories used logic.
    It's super effective.

Honestly, it would probably be the biggest steal in Football history if you sold Chamberlain to us for £40M.
    #EmenaloOut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Ajax has removed him from the squad. We are in a really crappy situation now with the season already started and two defenders already sold (Riedewald and Tete) and now potentially Sanchez also leaving. Ajax has said no to any transfers but kind of pointless when the player doesn't want to play anymore. Problem is now, we need to get two defenders from somewhere, and 40m is nowhere near enough for Sanchez where Ajax is concerned.
    From what I understand, Sanchez has pretty much done everything but sign a contract with Spurs, Levy is just hardballing on the transfer fee, but all thats doing is attracting attention from other clubs who don't have Levys tight purse strings.

And like you say, Ajax need the money, if someone comes rocking up with oil money, Ajax will bite there hand off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    From what I understand, Sanchez has pretty much done everything but sign a contract with Spurs, Levy is just hardballing on the transfer fee, but all thats doing is attracting attention from other clubs who don't have Levys tight purse strings.

And like you say, Ajax need the money, if someone comes rocking up with oil money, Ajax will bite there hand off.
    Problem for Ajax is now where to get a center defender and left wing back when the season has already started. The Sanchez deal is pretty much done bar the transfer fee. Sanchez won't play in Ajax this season - no matter how much Ajax has said no to all transfers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Problem for Ajax is now where to get a center defender and left wing back when the season has already started. The Sanchez deal is pretty much done bar the transfer fee. Sanchez won't play in Ajax this season - no matter how much Ajax has said no to all transfers.
    Yep. Their season might just end with this transfer if they can't quickly reel in replacements. Losing the opening match against Heracles is just the start of it all.

If they get battered tonight it'll be crisis time.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2017-08-16 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    Yep. Their season might just end with this transfer if they can't quickly reel in replacements. Losing the opening match against Heracles is just the start of it all.
    Yea I saw the game. Ajax has a lot of issues, similar to last season, to fix and Overmars has his hands on his purse again. The fact Ajax needed to bring Dijks back as left wing back should have sent some signals already. Problem for Ajax is, they have a large amount of cash (Klaassen, Riedewald, Tete and Sanchez to come) but can't buy anyone high profile as they can't afford the salaries. Plus, Overmars doesn't like to spend money on anything really.

It is kinda shitty Tottenham decided to wait till season start to approach Sanchez and hopefully transfer deadline will be moved to before season start in the future but Ajax could see this coming from miles away. There was no way Sanchez wouldn't be bought. He has the potential to be a world class defender.