View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
156. This poll is closed
  • He's cheap ass and she called him on it.

9 5.77%
  • Look it is about the size of the mans heart not wallet.

82 52.56%
  • Don't know enough about either, maybe they both suck.

37 23.72%
  • Other (Comment below)

28 17.95%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop using slammed, i hate it. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Phlegethon View Post
    First, diamonds are abundant and worthless. Don't buy a diamond.
    Second, he should kick that gold digger in the cunt, out on the street with it.
    "Ideadly I would have loved for us to have chosen a ring together and made a special day finding one we both liked. As it's something I'll be wearing every day and is such a special piece of jewelry i wnated to really love it and I just don't"
    What's the problem with what she said? If she bought him a ring for 2000 for his band but he hated it, he should just deal with it even if he has to wear it everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Engagement rings, biggest scam introduced by the diamond companies themselves whom control common as dirt diamonds market... keep falling for it suckers!

The woman in question is just a materialistic gold-digging bitch.
    This ^

Women don't see through it because they are on the receiving end and they still bitch about it. I blame the guy for being such a sucker.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

https://www.yahoo.com/style/woman-un...162440586.html

What do you think is this a turn about of fair play in this day and age, guys tell a girl she gets fat he won't marry her, and a woman says he is too broke so he wouldn't do the same?

Or judges him rather on the diamond he picked?

What do you think?

If he had any sense and or self-pride, he would dump that gold-digging skank so fast that her head would spin!

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    What's the problem with what she said? If she bought him a ring for 2000 for his band but he hated it, he should just deal with it even if he has to wear it everyday?
    QUote the right part...
    “His salary is nearing a 6 figure sum and he’s usually very generous,” she explained. “Having seen the receipt I know he paid £1,300 ($1,671) for it — which is a lot less than I would have imagined he would have spent on such a significant piece of jewelry.
    Other than his wedding ring, she better not buy him a ring. Except if it's her pimp. Then maybe.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Engagement rings, biggest scam introduced by the diamond companies themselves whom control common as dirt diamonds market... keep falling for it suckers!

The woman in question is just a materialistic gold-digging bitch.
    same also applies to cosmetics, over prices skin creams, shampoos and similar products, made overpriced by the pharmaceutical companies, when the cheap ass stuff you guy in 99p stores has the same effect. But if you tell that to someone like that they'd freak as the idea of using cheap hand cream.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    “His salary is nearing a 6 figure sum and he’s usually very generous,” she explained. “Having seen the receipt I know he paid £1,300 ($1,671) for it — which is a lot less than I would have imagined he would have spent on such a significant piece of jewelry.
    Imagine you were given substantial gifts for less significant events. But the most important event to you, you get a less substantial gift than ever before. Would you not think something was strange about it?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

QUote the right part...

Other than his wedding ring, she better not buy him a ring. Except if it's her pimp. Then maybe.
    Okay, and?

There is a certain expectation... if you make a lot of money why would you skimp on literally the most important jewelry piece?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Imagine you were given substantial gifts for less significant events. But the most important event to you, you get a less substantial gift than ever before. Would you not think something was strange about it?

I would think if I were her "does he not view our marriage as a super big important event. I've gotten way more significant gifts for less significant events."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post
    If he had any sense and or self-pride, he would dump that gold-digging skank so fast that her head would spin!
    What if he is in love, might be more to her than just that flaw, although I am not saying I disagree. Personally I wouldn't have asked her ass in the first place and would have done my best to find out she didn't give a shit about me at all.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Hookers are cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, and?

There is a certain expectation... if you make a lot of money why would you skimp on literally the most important jewelry piece?
    Indeed. It sounds like the fiance had set an expectation with previous offerings. It's not exactly surprising that the ring being less substantial than previous gifts would make her wonder what is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Souflikar View Post

So now she's a skank because she doesn't like her cheap ugly ring? Not liking her cheap ugly ring makes her some sort of skank? And people wonder why they get called out on sexism...

Talk about spoiled. But I see no reason to spend tons of money on what amounts to a pretty rock.
    "How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? A thousand eyes, and one."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    looks like she did you a favor in the long run.

- - - Updated - - -

a understanding and caring wife would realize material possessions are fleeting and what's important is your partner.
    My wife actually couldn't care less about her engagement ring, but when I made the mistake on insisting on cherry wood cabinets in the kitchen when she really wanted white cabinets (which were actually cheaper), I heard it for 12 years until I finally ripped out the old kitchen and gave her what she really wanted.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    My wife actually couldn't care less about her engagement ring, but when I made the mistake on insisting on cherry wood cabinets in the kitchen when she really wanted white cabinets (which were actually cheaper), I heard it for 12 years until I finally ripped out the old kitchen and gave her what she really wanted.
    Alot nicer looking than plain white ^^ Sounds like you have the decorative gene
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I would think if I were her "does he not view our marriage as a super big important event. I've gotten way more significant gifts for less significant events."
    That, I believe, is what you'd call a spoilt person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Yeah. I tried to convince my wife that we shouldn't support the diamond industry but she just wouldn't have it. I even asked to her if she'd watch the movie "Blood Diamond" with me...no luck. She's too traditional. Ended up caving in and went with the normal 2 month's salary on a nice fat (rip off) diamond ring. I actually got a decent deal on it and supposedly it was "ethically sourced" but still...
    Not sure if this was the case when you bought the ring. But now a days, Ethically Sourced is more and more meaning grown in a lab. Which is WAY cheaper to produce than to mine them. And the kicker is, they charge around the same price as a traditionally mined diamond. It makes the customer feel like they did something great, but they are getting royally ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Honestly, it's the last expensive piece of jewelry you will have to buy, it took me a year and a half to pay off my Wife's ring and wedding band. It just makes more sense to spend the money now and have her be the envy of her friends and get a few extra Blow Jobs out of it, spend the money now or have to keep buying them more crap.
    If there ever was a stereotypical man & marriage, you'd be it. That's not a compliment.

Sex as a reward for buying your wife shit, what a caveman idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Endorsed by the Diamond companies...

What a stupid "tradition"... like I said earlier, the whole thing is a scam that's been ongoing for over a century.
    I am not saying it's not a scam, but if the dude wants to play the game he should play it the way it's set up.

Engagement rings and expensive weddings are a huge waste of money and those that gain profit from it brainwash young women into thinking they represent how much they are loved. I am utterly against wastes of money. Same shit for Valentine's Day and even Christmas, they're made to shame you into buying shit and the companies make $$. Christmas is fine because you usually give and receive but I see so many dudes spending big on their girls on Valentine's, it's sad.

I will add an * that I would spend money on a party ( not necessarily a wedding ) where I have all my friends + family, that could be fun, but I would do it because it's fun not because I need to impress my wife or Jesus with a huge wedding.