View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
156. This poll is closed
  • He's cheap ass and she called him on it.

9 5.77%
  • Look it is about the size of the mans heart not wallet.

82 52.56%
  • Don't know enough about either, maybe they both suck.

37 23.72%
  • Other (Comment below)

28 17.95%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Many women wear both rings forever.
    Or your engagement ring is your wedding ring. I originally wanted a band but my hubby wanted to spend more on the engagement ring and maybe get me a band later. I love mine and wear it every day ... other than when I'm pregnant because of all the swelling lol

and Kathandira -- Hope your GF doesn't read the forums

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anida View Post
    Or your engagement ring is your wedding ring. I originally wanted a band but my hubby wanted to spend more on the engagement ring and maybe get me a band later. I love mine and wear it every day ... other than when I'm pregnant because of all the swelling lol

and Kathandira -- Hope your GF doesn't read the forums
    I like your idea. I actually find it silly that women sometimes wear two rings.

And, no, she doesn't come here. Would be hilarious if she did though. But thankfully, she doesn't, else all my plans would be ruined!
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Imagine you were given substantial gifts for less significant events. But the most important event to you, you get a less substantial gift than ever before. Would you not think something was strange about it?
    I would think that maybe there was another reason for the choice than the price tag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    I would think that maybe there was another reason for the choice than the price tag.
    That is a good way to look at it. It could be a pristine diamond. Great quality comes at a higher price.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    If there ever was a stereotypical man & marriage, you'd be it. That's not a compliment.

Sex as a reward for buying your wife shit, what a caveman idea.
    This is what makes the world go around, pretty much all straight guys are looking for guaranteed Sex that they don't have to work too hard for. So bam get married then you have guaranteed sex you don't have to work too hard for. In the end you are just paying for sex, either you go the illegal route and hit up a Prostitute. Or go the legal route and get a Wife or GF and have to buy her a house, Car, other shit, have to take them out on dates, in the end it's much cheaper to go the illegal route I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the US osession about engagement rings. I mean, who's wearing theirs after getting married anyway? So it is just a very overpriced (and in my eyes often ugly) dust collector.

My husband got me a nice necklace for our engagement. He knows I'm not into the "big bling", so he chose carefully to not overdo it and I still wear it regularly.
    Most Engagement rings in the US are their wedding rings, and then at the wedding you add the wedding bands. My wife got her Engagement ring and Wedding Band soldered together. She wears it every day and only took them off during the last few weeks of pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wedding bands aren't the same thing as engagement rings. I tend to agree that it is a poor investment, though, as they don't retain their value.
    I wasn't as clear as I could have been. I think engagement rings are a complete waste of money, while I'm willing to make a concession and spend a little money on a simple wedding band. Getting engaged with a stupidly expensive ring then spending the next year planning how you're going to waste half of your salary is something I'll never understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Honestly, it's the last expensive piece of jewelry you will have to buy, it took me a year and a half to pay off my Wife's ring and wedding band. It just makes more sense to spend the money now and have her be the envy of her friends and get a few extra Blow Jobs out of it, spend the money now or have to keep buying them more crap.
    I feel bad for ya man! You have to buy your wife's love?

Isnt the standard supposed to be like 2 months wages for a ring?.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    The idea was that engaged couple almost always fool around before the wedding, and the ring was hers to keep as the price of her virginity if he calls it off. The ring was supposed to have some actual value to it (and then De Beers advertising kicked in to drive it even higher by adding stones).

I'm a traditionalist. I told my wife that anything beyond the basic gold band she had to pay for herself.
    Last edited by Z-Man; 2017-08-17 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Watched a documentary about it years ago, the "standard", according to jewelers in the US ( ) is three wages.

So yeah, of course the wedding ring has a tradition as a relatively pricey gift, but you also can't deny the massive industry trying their best to keep it that way. With ridiculous rules like the one just mentioned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wedding/engagement rings.... what a fucking waste of money.

It's her ring to be unhappy about. The woman liking something or wanting something better is her personal taste. She is not obliged to like something she thinks sucks donkey balls or is 'small' as it were.

That's a pretty shitty ring, imo. I would probably be unhappy with that as my engagement ring as well.

Since married couples share their assets shouldn't the woman be more considerate about how much he spends on a ring? More money on ring and wedding means less money for house, dates, children, vacations etc. The money he spends on ring is less money they both have in the future.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-08-17 at 12:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

the only rings anyone would ever need. I am a man of very good taste
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-17 at 12:38 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

My comment to him would be:

"Flee you fool!"

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Okay, and?

There is a certain expectation... if you make a lot of money why would you skimp on literally the most important jewelry piece?

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah. No.
    That's what golddiggers do.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine you were given substantial gifts for less significant events. But the most important event to you, you get a less substantial gift than ever before. Would you not think something was strange about it?
    More. More. MORE!
    But ofcourse that's ok.

If I was him I'd kick her to the curb. I can imagin her sitting at home doing jack all and still having the audacity to complain about a gift.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, bitch is a gold digger. Period.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pff Diamonds are a huge fucking scam, they are only worth something because the company that owns 90% of them only releases so much diamonds each year, and that saying "Diamonds are a girls best friend" and all that was made by that companies marketing firm, so yeah.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if that's not a blatant red flag, I don't know what is tbh. Hoe is obviously some high-maintenance gold digger. Dude should dump her and move on before she asks for a divorce then takes 50% of his possessions along with alimony, child support, and his dignity.

There's a reason less people are getting married nowadays. What's the stat on divorce? Something like 50% of all marriages end in divorce? Those figures climbs even higher on second marriages (lol, morons). Seriously, fuck that noise!

There's nothing wrong with being a bachelor.
    Last edited by SLSAMG; 2017-08-17 at 08:51 AM.

She should've left the actual cost out of it and only talked about the actual look of the ring. When she dropped the price she kinda opened herself up to complaints.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

She sounds like a golddigging bitch. Now granted, I'm a guy and thus not part of the demographic looking to receive an engagement ring, but come on now. What kind of a person is that tied up in the side of the ring on her finger? The guy should've dropped like $10k and wasted money they could've used for other things, like a home, vacation, etc.? To each their own, and if they had agreed that an expensive engagement ring was a worthwhile investment then sure, but clearly they weren't on the same page and she's just mad. Also, I'm pretty sure that the secondhand market for expensive engagement pieces can't be THAT great.